Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Grandstream ATA-hardware with several SIP-accounts?

Grandstream ATA-hardware with several SIP-accounts?

Roger Vanderheyden

Hello,

Since a while I'm using a Grandstream HT-286 SIP-adapter. It's working fine,
but it has the limitation that it only can handle 1 SIP-account. I'm using
several SIP-accounts by several registrars (including local phonenumbers in
different countries), but unfortunately the Grandstream equipment can only
handle 1 SIP account. For example, the AVM Fritz!Box Fon
((http://www.avm.de/en/Produkte/FRITZB...e_Details.html)
can handle up to 10 different SIP accounts simultaneous. I know that there
are services like SipSnip.de, which can 'bundle' SIP-accounts, but when the
SipSnip server is down, all SIP-accounts are off-line. It's ofcourse more
secure to configure the SIP-accounts in your own equipment. When one service
went down, the others are working fine. I would like to ask Grandstream
owners, to drop a line at http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) and asking for adding this
feature in the next firmware upgrade. Only if you need this feature ofcourse
. It would be great if we could add +/- 5 SIP accounts to the Grandstream
HT-286 / HT-486 hardware. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Roger Vanderheijden

Nick

news:dcavq9$i17$(E-Mail Removed)1.ov.home.nl...

((http://www.avm.de/en/Produkte/FRITZB...chnische_Detai
ls.html)
> can handle up to 10 different SIP accounts simultaneous. I know that there
> are services like SipSnip.de, which can 'bundle' SIP-accounts, but when

the
> SipSnip server is down, all SIP-accounts are off-line. It's ofcourse more
> secure to configure the SIP-accounts in your own equipment. When one

service
> went down, the others are working fine. I would like to ask Grandstream
> owners, to drop a line at (E-Mail Removed) and asking for adding

this
> feature in the next firmware upgrade. Only if you need this feature

ofcourse
> . It would be great if we could add +/- 5 SIP accounts to the

Grandstream
> HT-286 / HT-486 hardware. Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
>
> Roger Vanderheijden

We heard you the first time @ 28 July 2005 15:19

RH

"Roger Vanderheyden" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dcavq9$i17$(E-Mail Removed)1.ov.home.nl...
> secure to configure the SIP-accounts in your own equipment. When one
> service
> went down, the others are working fine. I would like to ask Grandstream
> owners, to drop a line at (E-Mail Removed) and asking for adding
> this
> feature in the next firmware upgrade. Only if you need this feature
> ofcourse
> . It would be great if we could add +/- 5 SIP accounts to the
> Grandstream
> HT-286 / HT-486 hardware. Thanks in advance.

I think you will find it is impossible to do what you ask. VOIP Products are
limited by their chip sets and hardware
including memory, doing what you ask is probably wayout of what the hardware
can do, at least it is on other chipsets like PA1688. Its like a car, you
can chip the ECUof a diesel polo, but you can't turn it into a petrol
powered supercar

Roger Vanderheyden

> We heard you the first time @ 28 July 2005 15:19

Excuse me Nick. I've had a problem with the news-server.

Regards,
Roger

Roger Vanderheyden

"RH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dcbl24$5pi$1$(E-Mail Removed)...

> I think you will find it is impossible to do what you ask. VOIP Products
> are limited by their chip sets and hardware
> including memory, doing what you ask is probably wayout of what the
> hardware can do, at least it is on other chipsets like PA1688. Its like a
> car, you can chip the ECUof a diesel polo, but you can't turn it into a
> petrol powered supercar

I don't know the technical limits behind the hardware. I thought it would be
a pure software (firmware) issue, but I can understand that there is a
hardware limitation.

Regards,
Roger

VoIP Knowledge

Why don't you go for one of the new Grandstream ATAs which support 2 lines
(ATA-496?), or go with the new Grandstream GXP-2000 which can handle up to
13 lines.

http://www.voiptalk.org/products/GXP...e+IP+Telephone

"Roger Vanderheyden" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dcc291$tjf$(E-Mail Removed)1.nb.home.nl...
> "RH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:dcbl24$5pi$1$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > I think you will find it is impossible to do what you ask. VOIP Products
> > are limited by their chip sets and hardware
> > including memory, doing what you ask is probably wayout of what the
> > hardware can do, at least it is on other chipsets like PA1688. Its like

> > car, you can chip the ECUof a diesel polo, but you can't turn it into a
> > petrol powered supercar

> I don't know the technical limits behind the hardware. I thought it would

be
> a pure software (firmware) issue, but I can understand that there is a
> hardware limitation.
>
> Regards,
> Roger

Brian Mulligan

"VoIP Knowledge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42ec82e2$0$12905$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Why don't you go for one of the new Grandstream ATAs which support 2 lines
> (ATA-496?), or go with the new Grandstream GXP-2000 which can handle up to
> 13 lines.
>
> http://www.voiptalk.org/products/GXP...e+IP+Telephone

The GXP-2000 works fine with multiple SIP accounts (I have one at home). The
handset is seems light and flimsy however (even less weight to than the
Budgetone 101!).

Brian

RDOC: several related modules in several C files Victor \Zverok\ Shepelev Ruby 3 03-16-2007 04:15 PM
Grandstream ATA-hardware with several SIP-accounts? Roger Vanderheyden VOIP 4 07-30-2005 02:10 PM
Grandstream ATA-hardware with several SIP-accounts? Roger Vanderheyden UK VOIP 1 07-29-2005 05:22 PM
Grandstream Phones VoIP Guy VOIP 0 11-12-2003 05:28 AM
grandstream phone review Hugo Drax VOIP 0 10-08-2003 03:41 AM

Advertisments