Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Voipfone Press Release - Virtual PBX

Voipfone Press Release - Virtual PBX

cjd

Voipfone Launches the Self Service Virtual PBX for Small Business.

The London based Internet Telephone provider, Voipfone,
(http://www.voipfone.co.uk) today added a Virtual PBX services to its
range of self service Voice over IP products.

Voipfone's Self Service PBX gives small businesses the features and
functionality of telephone systems that were previously only affordable
by large corporations. It's a sophisticated call system suitable for
an ordinary office, a virtual office, several offices in several
locations and even the home.

The new service costs less than 1 per extension per month; there are
no set-up costs and no contracts. All extensions have a full PBX suite
of features including - Call Conferencing, Call Transfer, Voice Mail,
Music on Hold, Call Waiting, Call ID, Three Way Calling and free
calling between offices and homes.

It's a sophisticated, fully featured telephone system but it's also
extremely easy to set up and use because it's all preconfigured and web
based. The features just work - you don't need to spend days with a
telephone expert to use it. It's as simple or as complicated as you
want it to be.

Colin Duffy, CEO of Inet Telecoms Ltd (Voipfone) said "Not only does
our new Switchboard give a huge amount of features and functionality to
a large group of customers that have been totally ignored by other
telecom suppliers, but it will also save them a lot of money on their
traditional telecom bill. Modern IP technologies make new things
possible; our customers no longer need several incoming PSTN and ISDN
lines and complex and expensive hardware just to make and receive phone
calls within their offices. Nor do they need a trained telecoms
engineer to set it up and maintain it - Voipfone's Virtual PBX does
all that for you"

"All the calls within our network are free, no matter where they are
made to. It means that you can have one number for your customers to
dial and it doesn't matter where your extensions are located; if you
have home workers or a home office, a real office in the UK and another
in France, it's as though you are all in the same building. Now, for
only 1 per extension per month, small businesses can do what even big
businesses are struggling to provide to their employees."

"Our Virtual PBX finally gives small businesses the fully featured
communication system that they've always needed - it costs almost
nothing AND it saves them money. It sounds too good to be true, but for
once, it isn't."

For full details of what Voipfone's Virtual PBX does and the little
it costs, visit www.voipfone.co.uk.

Notes to editors
Voipfone is an internet telephone service provided by Inet Telecoms
Ltd, a London-based company which was formed to develop the latest
voice over internet technologies. It aims to challenge the traditional
telecoms companies' grip on the market by offering web based,
self-service and low cost, high quality services that have more
advanced features than the old public switched telephone network
(PSTN).

VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) is a way of making telephone calls
over the internet without needing to use the traditional telephone
networks. Calls to other users of this technology are free, no matter
where the caller and called party are in the world.

Colin Duffy, Inet Telecoms Ltd (Voipfone)
Tel: 0044 (0)20 7043 5559
Web: http://www.voipfone.co.uk

Mike

cjd wrote:
> Voipfone Launches the Self Service Virtual PBX for Small Business.

<Huge snip>

Pulls up deckchair, beer and sandwiches.
Waits for Newsgroup police to arrive.

Ivor Jones

Mike wrote:
> cjd wrote:
>> Voipfone Launches the Self Service Virtual PBX for Small Business.

> <Huge snip>
>
> Pulls up deckchair, beer and sandwiches.
> Waits for Newsgroup police to arrive.

There shouldn't be a need. People should respect the group charter. I will
say no more.

Ivor

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 19:13:58 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Mike wrote:
>> cjd wrote:
>>> Voipfone Launches the Self Service Virtual PBX for Small Business.

>> <Huge snip>
>>
>> Pulls up deckchair, beer and sandwiches.
>> Waits for Newsgroup police to arrive.

>There shouldn't be a need. People should respect the group charter. I will
>say no more.

Some people have no respect for human lives so how can you expect
people to have respect for a few meaningless words with no teeth,
get real Ivor this is 2005 not 1960 when people did have some respect
for people and authority and stuff.
Just who is bothered anyway besides yourself anyone can post what they
want to post for all I care I just ignore what don't interest me.

Mike

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

<snip>

.......Fetches more beer and sandwiches

cjd

<Drags up a chair alongside; waits for tap on shoulder>

To be fair to myself (well no-one else will) I did consider not posting
this, particularly in the light of recent posts. But then I thought
f*** it. This is news and this is a news group dedicated to the
subject.

This is something I'd want to know about if I was interested in VoIP in
the UK. So why not?

Colin Duffy
Voipfone

Nick

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> ......Fetches more beer and sandwiches

On my way round, I prefer real ale if any is available.

Ivor Jones

cjd wrote:
> <Drags up a chair alongside; waits for tap on shoulder>
>
> To be fair to myself (well no-one else will) I did consider not
> posting this, particularly in the light of recent posts. But then
> I thought f*** it. This is news and this is a news group dedicated
> to the subject.
>
> This is something I'd want to know about if I was interested in
> VoIP in the UK. So why not?
>
> Colin Duffy
> Voipfone

It's news if it mentions something of interest. Once prices and phrases
like "register now and buy credit" are flung about, as happened in another
thread, then it becomes advertising in my view.

I have no issues with posting short summaries and hyperlinks to relevant
websites, but when people start quoting verbatim and mention money then it
oversteps the mark.

I am sorry if people think I am being over-zealous but this group does
have a charter, the wording of which took a lot of thought and time.

Ivor

Ivor Jones

Nick wrote:
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> ......Fetches more beer and sandwiches

> On my way round, I prefer real ale if any is available.

Well we agree on something, Wadworths 6X please..!

Ivor

Stuart Millington

On 28 Jul 2005 13:49:50 -0700, "cjd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

><Drags up a chair alongside; waits for tap on shoulder>

>To be fair to myself (well no-one else will) I did consider not posting
>this, particularly in the light of recent posts. But then I thought
>f*** it. This is news and this is a news group dedicated to the
>subject.

IMO, FWIW, the difference between "news" and "adverts" is whether the
person posting them is selling the items/services mentioned. E.g.
people posts news about commercial stuff on u.t - mainly when BT
change things - but that is not advertising as the regulars who do so
do not work for BT.

It's like BBC News commenting on a new "product" vs the marketing
director of the company that makes the product commenting on it. The
first is news, the later is advertising.

>Colin Duffy
>Voipfone

Until I noticed your .sig (or rather not a .sig since you missed the
"-- " (dash dash space") that precedes signatures) I thought that your
article was OK.

However, now I've noticed it, this was/is an advert and should not
have been posted here - no matter how relevant the service/product is.
If you want a uk.telecom.voip.adverts group, feel free to send an RFD
to control

One question (whilst your company's service looks good value):

You say: "Calls to other users of this technology are free, no matter
where the caller and called party are in the world."

Does that mean:

That users of your service can call other VoIP users regardless of the
company they use, the technology they use (SIP, IAX2, SkyPE, etc.) and
the provider they use - i.e. do you have interconnects with *every*
other VoIP company?

- Stuart Millington ALL HTML e-mail rejected -
- mailto(E-Mail Removed) http://w3.z-add.co.uk/ -