Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > UK voip providers general question...?

UK voip providers general question...?

KPE

Hi, we are doing a little bit of research on the English voip providers and
their providors. Up til now there are many voip providers in UK but which
providor do they generally use?

Thanks.

Phil Thompson

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 08:51:22 +0200, "KPE" <info@"remove"specdep.dk>
wrote:

>Up til now there are many voip providers in UK but which
>providor do they generally use?

do you mean which has the most customers ? or who provides the
infrastructure for the retail VoIP providers ?

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !

KPE

> do you mean which has the most customers ? or who provides the
> infrastructure for the retail VoIP providers ?

I mean who provides the infrastructure Thanks Phil.

George

"KPE" <info@"remove"specdep.dk> wrote in message
news:42e88086$0$18643$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, we are doing a little bit of research on the English voip
> providers and their providors. Up til now there are many voip
> providers in UK but which providor do they generally use?
>
> Thanks.

Being Scottish, I do find it slightly offensive seeing 'UK' and
'English' used interchangably. Really should have been doing research on
British VOIP providers......

George

KPE

Dear George,

I'm truly sorry about that

In other countries many of the voip providors use the infrastruture of the
same provider. Therefor it could be interresting to know how the situation
is in England.

Thanks.

"George" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i en meddelelse
news:dca6su$kmo$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net...

> "KPE" <info@"remove"specdep.dk> wrote in message
> news:42e88086$0$18643$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi, we are doing a little bit of research on the English voip providers
>> and their providors. Up til now there are many voip providers in UK but
>> which providor do they generally use?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> Being Scottish, I do find it slightly offensive seeing 'UK' and 'English'
> used interchangably. Really should have been doing research on British
> VOIP providers......
>
> George

davew

KPE wrote:
> Hi, we are doing a little bit of research on the English voip providers and
> their providors. Up til now there are many voip providers in UK but which
> providor do they generally use?

Do you mean voip wholesalers?

KPE

> Do you mean voip wholesalers?

No, to become a voip providor, you neet to place servers in a hosting
center, a large Internet connection, E1 ISDN PRI connections from a PSTN
switch and DDI numbers from a PSTN providor. This could be BT og Telewest
for instance...

In many countries all the voip providers is connected to the same PSTN
provider.

Regards

Dave Gill

"KPE" <info@"remove"specdep.dk> wrote:

> Hi, we are doing a little bit of research on the English voip providers and
> their providors. Up til now there are many voip providers in UK but which
> providor do they generally use?

Many, but by no means all, geographic numbers given out by VoIP service
providers are allocated to Magrathea Telecommunications Ltd.

Some, such as Vonage, use their own suppliers.

David Floyd

In message of Thu, 28 Jul 2005, KPE writes
>> Do you mean voip wholesalers?

>No, to become a voip providor, you neet to place servers in a hosting
>center, a large Internet connection, E1 ISDN PRI connections from a PSTN
>switch and DDI numbers from a PSTN providor. This could be BT og Telewest
>for instance...
>
>In many countries all the voip providers is connected to the same PSTN
>provider.

One of the problems with your question is understanding it. I
appreciate that your first language may not be English, but you are
using the words 'provider' and 'providor'. The word 'providor' is not
used in British English (it may be in US English), hence the questions
about what you actually mean.

David