Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Basic question on VoIP

Reply
Thread Tools

Basic question on VoIP

 
 
Ivor Jones
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-21-2005
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 22:25:42 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>
>> https://secure.sipgate.co.uk/user/kontoaufladen.php - is this what
>> you mean by a minimum 10..? That is for the normal PAYG option,
>> not for the 1000 minutes option.
>>
>> From the Sipgate 1000 page:
>>
>> Important:
>>
>> The price from 5.90 starts with the activation of your credited
>> account. The amount is deducted automatically.
>>
>> Note it does not say there that 10 is deducted. Have you actually
>> signed up for Sipgate 1000 and were you debited 10 or have you
>> just read the website incorrectly..?


> When you get to the payments page it says minimum of 10.00 .


In that case I apologise, I haven't tried it myself.

If you're making enough calls to justify it though it's still a good deal.
If you cancel it the remaining credit is still available for use.

Ivor


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-21-2005
On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 00:17:19 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:


>If you're making enough calls to justify it though it's still a good deal.
>If you cancel it the remaining credit is still available for use.

Except for them demanding more money than they are entitled to it is a
good deal even you do not make a lot of calls no checking to see how
much credit you have left no picking up the phone and finding you have
no credit left if you are on PAYG .
After all Ivor the 1000 minute deal only works out at 20p pr day so to
my mind I am not bothered if I make calls or I don't but I certainly
am not paying ten pounds when I should only be paying 5.90 sooner pay
Vonage the 9.99 and have all the benefits that go with it .
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-25-2005
On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 20:43:52 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Regarding the 10 minimum you have to deposit with Sipgate, yes that's
>true but it lasts as long as you want to make it last, it doesn't run out
>if you don't make the calls. I agree the 1000 minutes a month option is
>not very good but like I said I don't make enough calls to warrant it.


But what happens if you run out of patience waiting for the Sipgate
service to improve, a lifespan is only three score years and ten Ivor
will they give you your money back if you leave before you use all
the credit . Also don't forget one has no guarantee that Sipgate is
going to stay the course they could cease to be operating next
week then what happens to your money ?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-25-2005
On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 22:25:42 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:


>Note it does not say there that 10 is deducted. Have you actually signed
>up for Sipgate 1000 and were you debited 10 or have you just read the
>website incorrectly..?

When I got to the end of my first month I received an email saying if
I wanted another month I needed to top up with ten pounds or more .
 
Reply With Quote
 
Ivor Jones
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-25-2005
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 20:43:52 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Regarding the 10 minimum you have to deposit with Sipgate, yes
>> that's true but it lasts as long as you want to make it last, it
>> doesn't run out if you don't make the calls. I agree the 1000
>> minutes a month option is not very good but like I said I don't
>> make enough calls to warrant it.

>
> But what happens if you run out of patience waiting for the Sipgate
> service to improve, a lifespan is only three score years and ten
> Ivor will they give you your money back if you leave before you
> use all the credit . Also don't forget one has no guarantee that
> Sipgate is going to stay the course they could cease to be
> operating next
> week then what happens to your money ?


One could say the same about any of them, with the possible exception of
BT. Look what happened to Mercury, here one day and gone the next.

Ivor


 
Reply With Quote
 
Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-25-2005
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 20:49:43 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>One could say the same about any of them, with the possible exception of
>BT. Look what happened to Mercury, here one day and gone the next.




No one is really bothered about a couple of quid going down the pan
but a tenner is a different matter .
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Voip Updated Basic,Translating,Voip News and Advanced triblika@gmail.com VOIP 0 04-28-2006 12:43 AM



Advertisments