Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Vonage, can't receive Orange calls

Vonage, can't receive Orange calls

Phil

I am unable to receive calls from any Orange mobile. I can receive calls
from other mobile networks and landlines but if anyone using an Orange
mobile calls my vonage number they just get a constant tone and number not
in use message. Any ideas what's happening?

Ian

"Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42dbc08b$0$2895$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am unable to receive calls from any Orange mobile. I can receive calls
> from other mobile networks and landlines but if anyone using an Orange
> mobile calls my vonage number they just get a constant tone and number not
> in use message. Any ideas what's happening?

The number range vonage are using isnt in oranges databuilds.
or it possibly could be an interconnect issue but I doubt it.

Ian

Peter Gradwell

Ian wrote:
> "Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:42dbc08b$0$2895$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>I am unable to receive calls from any Orange mobile. I can receive calls
>>from other mobile networks and landlines but if anyone using an Orange
>>mobile calls my vonage number they just get a constant tone and number not
>>in use message. Any ideas what's happening?
>>

> The number range vonage are using isnt in oranges databuilds.
> or it possibly could be an interconnect issue but I doubt it.

Yeah, you should complain to orange as they are not connecting your
call. It's a common problem.

peter

Phil

I rang Orange and they are sending it to technical support. Do you think
they will sort out the problem or just not bother?

Ian

"Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42dbd0b0$0$2876$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I rang Orange and they are sending it to technical support. Do you think
> they will sort out the problem or just not bother?

Oh ye of little faith.
It will top of their list. now whether they fix it thats another thing.

Ian

Peter Corlett

Phil <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I rang Orange and they are sending it to technical support. Do you
> think they will sort out the problem or just not bother?

Given past form, I imagine they will "simplify" calling these numbers
for you.

--
PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) for full key

Please contribute to the beer fund and a tidier house:
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1...Z25QQsassZpndc

Peter Gradwell

Phil wrote:
> I rang Orange and they are sending it to technical support. Do you think
> they will sort out the problem or just not bother?

they do seem to fix it eventually.

peter

GwG

"Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42dbd0b0$0$2876$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I rang Orange and they are sending it to technical support. Do you think
>they will sort out the problem or just not bother?

My Orange phone will still not get through to 056 numbers, I think they must
be part of NTL

Ivor Jones

GwG wrote:
> "Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:42dbd0b0$0$2876$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I rang Orange and they are sending it to technical support. Do you
>> think they will sort out the problem or just not bother?

> My Orange phone will still not get through to 056 numbers, I think
> they must be part of NTL

How much do they cost from Orange..? I bet they don't come out of
inclusive minutes....

Ivor

Ian

"GwG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsDRCe.1251$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:42dbd0b0$0$2876$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I rang Orange and they are sending it to technical support. Do you think
> >they will sort out the problem or just not bother?

> My Orange phone will still not get through to 056 numbers, I think they

must
> be part of NTL

There is a common link between them, Both technicaly and in who owns them