Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Sipgate failing again!

Sipgate failing again!

Spencer

Most of the time today, my attempted calls via sipgate don't get a ringing
tone at my side, so as the caller, you are left not knowing whether the call
is ringing at the other end or not! When is the service going to start
working reliably? I'm getting peed off with the lack of reliability now. I
am still getting callers telling me they have to re-dial several times
before getting a connection also.

Spencer

Stefan Kaniuk

well perhaps you shopuld try a reputable and reliable voip provider such as
VONAGE UK.

"Spencer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Most of the time today, my attempted calls via sipgate don't get a ringing
> tone at my side, so as the caller, you are left not knowing whether the
> call is ringing at the other end or not! When is the service going to
> start working reliably? I'm getting peed off with the lack of reliability
> now. I am still getting callers telling me they have to re-dial several
> times before getting a connection also.
>
> Spencer

Ivor Jones

"Spencer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Most of the time today, my attempted calls via sipgate don't get a
> ringing tone at my side, so as the caller, you are left not knowing
> whether the call is ringing at the other end or not! When is the
> service going to start working reliably? I'm getting peed off with the
> lack of reliability now. I am still getting callers telling me they
> have to re-dial several times before getting a connection also.

What time was this..? The STUN server was down for about half an hour this
afternoon.

Ivor

Ivor Jones

"Stefan Kaniuk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:yATBe.10$(E-Mail Removed)...
> well perhaps you shopuld try a reputable and reliable voip provider such
> as VONAGE UK.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

Spencer

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Spencer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Most of the time today, my attempted calls via sipgate don't get a
>> ringing tone at my side, so as the caller, you are left not knowing
>> whether the call is ringing at the other end or not! When is the service
>> going to start working reliably? I'm getting peed off with the lack of
>> reliability now. I am still getting callers telling me they have to
>> re-dial several times before getting a connection also.

> What time was this..? The STUN server was down for about half an hour this
> afternoon.
>
> Ivor

After 6pm this evening onwards.

Spencer

Spencer

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Stefan Kaniuk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:yATBe.10$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet and in e-mail?

A: Stefan Kaniuk

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 19:50:04 +0100, "Spencer" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Most of the time today, my attempted calls via sipgate don't get a ringing
>tone at my side, so as the caller, you are left not knowing whether the call
>is ringing at the other end or not! When is the service going to start
>working reliably? I'm getting peed off with the lack of reliability now. I
>am still getting callers telling me they have to re-dial several times
>before getting a connection also.
>
>Spencer

Spencer has with most things you can either live with it or bugger off
I shall be doing the latter once I have used up all the remaining cash
in my Sipgate accounts .

Ivor Jones

"Spencer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Ivor Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Spencer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Most of the time today, my attempted calls via sipgate don't get a
>>> ringing tone at my side, so as the caller, you are left not knowing
>>> whether the call is ringing at the other end or not! When is the
>>> service going to start working reliably? I'm getting peed off with
>>> the lack of reliability now. I am still getting callers telling me
>>> they have to re-dial several times before getting a connection also.

>> What time was this..? The STUN server was down for about half an hour
>> this afternoon.
>>
>> Ivor

> After 6pm this evening onwards.
>
> Spencer

Sounds right, 1700GMT. Don't know the cause yet.

Ivor

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 18:51:10 GMT, "Stefan Kaniuk"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>well perhaps you shopuld try a reputable and reliable voip provider such as
>VONAGE UK.

Stefan while I sort of agree with you 100% regarding Vonage but no
system is 100% reliable and I am sure one of these days Vonage is
going to fall over for a short time and that will be it . With Sipgate
there is something falling over every week and the voicemail service
has still got to get up off its knees and I honestly don't think it
ever will .
Justdial voip has been reliable while I have been with them but the
audio quality leaves a hell of a lot to be desired that is why I have
or am closing my account and have gone over to Vonage .
I cannot complain about Voipfone no problems what so ever but their
charges are a bit steep compared with Vonage the 9.99 you pay Vonage
and you get all UK and Ireland calls free will only get you 1000
minutes with Voipfone I think it is .

Chris Blunt

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 20:47:26 +0100, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 19:50:04 +0100, "Spencer" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>Most of the time today, my attempted calls via sipgate don't get a ringing
>>tone at my side, so as the caller, you are left not knowing whether the call
>>is ringing at the other end or not! When is the service going to start
>>working reliably? I'm getting peed off with the lack of reliability now. I
>>am still getting callers telling me they have to re-dial several times
>>before getting a connection also.
>>
>>Spencer
>>

>Spencer has with most things you can either live with it or bugger off
>I shall be doing the latter once I have used up all the remaining cash
>in my Sipgate accounts .

If a dissatisfied Sipgate user wants to switch to another provider, is
it possible to port the number he got from Sipgate to the new service?
Has anyone done this?

Chris