Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Help to get a copy of A. D. Booth, "A signed binary multiplication technique,"

Help to get a copy of A. D. Booth, "A signed binary multiplication technique,"

Weng Tianxiang

Hi,
I appreciate if you can help me get the copy of the following two
papers:
A. D. Booth, "A signed binary multiplication technique,"
Quarterly Journal of Mechanics and Applied Mathematics, pp. 236-240,
June 1951

O. L. MacSorley, "High-speed arthmetic in binary computers,"
Proceedings of the IRE, vol. 49, pp. 67-91, Jan. 1961.

Thank you.

Weng

Eric Smith

"Weng Tianxiang" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> I appreciate if you can help me get the copy of the following two
> papers:

There's this thing called a library... the cool thing about it is that
there are a whole bunch of them, scattered throughout the world...

bybell@rocketmail.com

http://bwrc.eecs.berkeley.edu/Classe...41_s00/PAPERS/

> O. L. MacSorley, "High-speed arthmetic in binary computers,"
> Proceedings of the IRE, vol. 49, pp. 67-91, Jan. 1961.

Reprinted in "Computer Arithmetic" by Swartzlander 1990.

-t

Leon Heller

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Weng Tianxiang wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I appreciate if you can help me get the copy of the following two
>> papers:
>> A. D. Booth, "A signed binary multiplication technique,"
>> Quarterly Journal of Mechanics and Applied Mathematics, pp. 236-240,
>> June 1951

> http://bwrc.eecs.berkeley.edu/Classe...41_s00/PAPERS/

Interesting. I studied at the same institution as the eponymous Booth, I
never knew that they developed their own computer in the '50s.

Leon
--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller

Weng Tianxiang

t,
Thank you very much.

Could you help to locate the second paper:
"O. L. MacSorley, "High-speed arithmetic in binary computers"
Proceedings of the IRE, vol. 49, pp. 67-91, Jan. 1961. "

The paper develops a new method called 'Modified Booth Algorithm'. It
should be at the UCB library.
Could someone transfer the second copy to me:
It may belong to 'Password Area'.

Weng

Source of term "multiplication" in matrix multiplication William Hughes C Programming 13 03-15-2010 02:04 PM
Convert a signed binary number into a signed one ? Rob1bureau VHDL 1 02-27-2010 12:13 AM
Signed multiplication knight VHDL 14 09-09-2008 03:50 PM
signed multiplication priya VHDL 2 11-17-2006 08:04 AM
32x32 and 64x64 signed integer multiplication Christopher Dyken C Programming 18 02-24-2004 09:05 AM

Advertisments