Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Speaking clock

Speaking clock

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 23:03:16 +0100, David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In message of Thu, 14 Jul 2005, writes
>>On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 20:47:20 +0100, David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>What do you mean by Sipgate to Sipgate?
>>>
>>>I dial 1431320 on my Sipgate A/c and I get the speaking clock.
>>>
>>>Is that what you mean? If so, it works for me.

>>Working fine for me also via Sipgate David just tried it.
>>

>Then there's no problem with Sipgate then, is there Dexter?

You can't say that David there's been people reporting here that they
have only one way audio and others saying their lines have been dead
and god knows what else when mine have been working perfectly.
Ok I am not suggesting that it is down to Sipgate's equipment or
whatever but whatever it is Sipgate should get whatever sorted and be
quick about it and the voicemail is nothing but a joke .

Ivor Jones

"Maverick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:5JABe.69963$(E-Mail Removed) k...

> "Ivor Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I now have a speaking clock on a Sipgate number, if anyone wants to try
>> calling it..! The number is 1431320 (Sipgate) or 020 7043 1320 from the
>> PSTN.
>>
>> This is a synthesised recording of the voice of Pat Simmons, who was
>> the
>> voice of the GPO "TIM" speaking clock from 1963 to 1985.
>>
>> Please let me know if you have any problems accessing the clock, it
>> should
>> be on line most of the time but I may have to take it down from time to
>> time while I make adjustments to the system.
>>
>> Ivor
>>

> Excellent!!! Bang on with the Atomic clock with the World Time Server!
>
> Thanks Ivor
>
> Mav

Glad it's working well..! Good old MSF..! I was wondering whether there
might be a delay of a second or so with the traffic going via VoIP but it
seems to be ok.

I should point out that there are in fact quite a number of these clocks
on line around the country, it was a project via the Telecommunications
Heritage Group a while back, but this is, as far as I'm aware, the first
one to be put on a VoIP line for free (to some..!) access.

Keep the reports coming..!

Ivor

David Floyd

In message of Thu, 14 Jul 2005, writes
>On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 23:03:16 +0100, David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>In message of Thu, 14 Jul 2005, writes
>>>
>>>Working fine for me also via Sipgate David just tried it.
>>>

>>Then there's no problem with Sipgate then, is there Dexter?

>You can't say that David there's been people reporting here that they
>have only one way audio and others saying their lines have been dead
>and god knows what else when mine have been working perfectly.

So if your Sipgate connection is *working perfectly* you can't blame
Sipgate in that situation; it's a problem with the user's equipment.

David

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 08:02:25 +0100, David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In message of Thu, 14 Jul 2005, writes
>>On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 23:03:16 +0100, David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>In message of Thu, 14 Jul 2005, writes

>>>Then there's no problem with Sipgate then, is there Dexter?

>>You can't say that David there's been people reporting here that they
>>have only one way audio and others saying their lines have been dead
>>and god knows what else when mine have been working perfectly.

>So if your Sipgate connection is *working perfectly* you can't blame
>Sipgate in that situation; it's a problem with the user's equipment.

No David it is a problem somewhere between the user and Sipgate has
Ivor has said it is the gateway most of the time causing problems but
I maintain that Saipgate should get their finger out and get on to who
ever is responsible for maintaining the Gateway .

Mathew Curtis

Ivor Jones wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I now have a speaking clock on a Sipgate number, if anyone wants to try
> calling it..! The number is 1431320 (Sipgate) or 020 7043 1320 from the
> PSTN.
>
> This is a synthesised recording of the voice of Pat Simmons, who was the
> voice of the GPO "TIM" speaking clock from 1963 to 1985.
>
> Please let me know if you have any problems accessing the clock, it should
> be on line most of the time but I may have to take it down from time to
> time while I make adjustments to the system.
>
> Ivor

hey thats cool works perfect from voipfone

Mat

Philippe Deleye

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hi All,
>
> I now have a speaking clock on a Sipgate number, if anyone wants to try
> calling it..! The number is 1431320 (Sipgate) or 020 7043 1320 from the
> PSTN.

no speaking clock, 16th July 2005 09.15 am CET (08.15 UK)
tested from sipgate.de

Philippe
7773820 (Sipgate)

David Floyd

In message of Sat, 16 Jul 2005, Philippe Deleye writes

>"Ivor Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I now have a speaking clock on a Sipgate number, if anyone wants to try
>> calling it..! The number is 1431320 (Sipgate) or 020 7043 1320 from the
>> PSTN.
>>

>no speaking clock, 16th July 2005 09.15 am CET (08.15 UK)
>tested from sipgate.de
>
>Philippe
>7773820 (Sipgate)

OK here at 8:35:20 (BST) from sipgate.co.uk

David

Ivor Jones

Philippe Deleye wrote:
> "Ivor Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I now have a speaking clock on a Sipgate number, if anyone wants
>> to try calling it..! The number is 1431320 (Sipgate) or 020 7043
>> 1320 from the PSTN.
>>

> no speaking clock, 16th July 2005 09.15 am CET (08.15 UK)
> tested from sipgate.de
>
> Philippe
> 7773820 (Sipgate)

I have been told by someone else in Germany of this problem - it appears
to be a problem with the German domain, he called from a London number he
has also and it was fine from there. I can call him on his German number
but not the other way round.

If you have a UK number Phillipe try from that, or the PSTN. The problem
has been reported to Sipgate.

Ivor

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 08:40:47 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>If you have a UK number Phillipe try from that, or the PSTN. The problem
>has been reported to Sipgate.

I am saying nothing Ivor but I bet you know what I am
thinking)))))))) .

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 09:16:39 +0200, "Philippe Deleye"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>no speaking clock, 16th July 2005 09.15 am CET (08.15 UK)
>tested from sipgate.de

Working fine here in the UK just tried it .