Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Using DECT phone with PSTN & SIP

Using DECT phone with PSTN & SIP

Paul Westwell

Hi all,

If I have an existing DECT cordless phone and want to be able to use this
for receiving incoming calls both from SIP services and PSTN, I am looking
for some form of "gaddit" that will switch the incoming call from either
service to the DECT phone. I also want to be able to make outgoing calls and
select either SIP or DECT on a call by call basis.

The box/application does not have to be stand alone as I run a server
(running XP) 24x7 so a hardware/application would be acceptable and possibly
preferred as it might be cheaper and more flexible.

Regards,

Paul

Joe Harrison

"Paul Westwell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OzKze.13139$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> If I have an existing DECT cordless phone and want to be able to use this
> for receiving incoming calls both from SIP services and PSTN, I am looking
> for some form of "gaddit" that will switch the incoming call from either
> service to the DECT phone. I also want to be able to make outgoing calls

and
> select either SIP or DECT on a call by call basis.

Many of us do this, I have a Philips Onis 200 cheapo DECT connected to NTL
PSTN and also to VOIP. Using Sipura SPA-3000 box < 100 quid but there are
other types

http://froogle.google.co.uk/froogle?...=0&safe=active

HTH

Martin²

Zyxel 2602HWL ADSL modem / router / WiFi / with two VoIP ports and landline
connection does that nicely. Unfortunately it's no longer cheap now
broadbandbuyer.co.uk corrected their price , but you get lot more for
your money then with sipura ATA.
Regards,
Martin