Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Trinidad VoIP

Trinidad VoIP

Graham Cox

Hiya,

Does anybody happen to know of a VoIP service that offers cheap phone
calls to/from Trinidad And Tobago?

I'm not entirely sure how the phone system works over there, since it's
+1-868 to dial it from the UK - which should normally imply that it's an
american phone number... Does this mean that a long distance account on
an american carrier gets free calls to Trinidad? Or is it not that
simple?

Cheers
--
Graham

Ian

"Graham Cox" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:tnEye.86259$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> Hiya,
>
> Does anybody happen to know of a VoIP service that offers cheap phone
> calls to/from Trinidad And Tobago?
>
> I'm not entirely sure how the phone system works over there, since it's
> +1-868 to dial it from the UK - which should normally imply that it's an
> american phone number... Does this mean that a long distance account on
> an american carrier gets free calls to Trinidad? Or is it not that
> simple?

Hi

Voipjet is $0.1077 per min

sipgate is £0.101 per min with min billing

voiptalk is £0.12 or £0.095 on silver with per second billing

and 1899.com id £0.07 per min with per second billing and is non voip

as to the 1 prefix you will find that much of the carabian as well a parts
of the pacific have a one prefix. I know from my times in the Pacific all
calls came to the islands via satalite which were mainly US controlled.

Ian

Ivor Jones

Graham Cox wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> Does anybody happen to know of a VoIP service that offers cheap
> phone calls to/from Trinidad And Tobago?
>
> I'm not entirely sure how the phone system works over there, since
> it's +1-868 to dial it from the UK - which should normally imply
> that it's an american phone number... Does this mean that a long
> distance account on an american carrier gets free calls to
> Trinidad? Or is it not that simple?

It's part of the NANP which isn't the same thing as being in the US.

See www.nanpa.com

Ivor

trinidad / ADF users? stefoid Java 0 07-24-2007 12:47 AM
Cuba - Trinidad Søren Thorsen Digital Photography 0 08-22-2006 02:24 PM

Advertisments