Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Loads of failed calls via sipgate - I give up!

Loads of failed calls via sipgate - I give up!

Terry K

After suffering with sipgate for some time now, I need a reliable service
for Voip, I have been with sipgate for several months hoping that they might
just get the service working reliably, but according to my callers, the
failed calls are getting more and more common. It's apparently quite
common now for them to have to try more than five times before they get a
successful connection. Messages such as 'The call cannot be connected' and
'Number unavailable tone' is commonplace these days most of the time. This
IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. I think sipgate should get their act together and start
charging a fee if they have to, whatever it takes to make the service good.
But for me, I would never trust the service again. I have been testing this
morning and find that approximately one out of every three calls from my
other line fail to connect. What use is that? I don't care what all the
supporters are going to say, they obviosuly don't care about the poor
service and are happy to accept they are missing some calls I guess.
Perhaps they don't realise they are missing calls, or perhaps no-one hardly
ever calls them, in which case they wouldn't know that the service is so
poor! I suggest you start testing the service yourselves, and you`ll see how
hit and miss it really is. Furthermore, the voicemail still keeps throwing
up the German language prompts. This has been going on for ages and they
obviously have no intention of sorting that out either!

Anyone care to point me to a reliable voip service, I dont care what it
costs me, I need reliability, not stacks of failed calls everyday.

Terry

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 13:22:01 +0100, "Terry K"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>After suffering with sipgate for some time now, I need a reliable service
>for Voip, I have been with sipgate for several months hoping that they might
>just get the service working reliably, but according to my callers, the
>failed calls are getting more and more common. It's apparently quite
>common now for them to have to try more than five times before they get a
>successful connection. Messages such as 'The call cannot be connected' and
>'Number unavailable tone' is commonplace these days most of the time. This
>IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. I think sipgate should get their act together and start
>charging a fee if they have to, whatever it takes to make the service good.

I could not agree with what you are saying here more I have given them
yards and yards of rope over the passed months and now I think the
time has come when they should hang themselves with it !!.
>But for me, I would never trust the service again. I have been testing this
>morning and find that approximately one out of every three calls from my
>other line fail to connect. What use is that? I don't care what all the
>supporters are going to say, they obviosuly don't care about the poor
>service and are happy to accept they are missing some calls I guess.

This is the only conclusion I can come to also .
> Furthermore, the voicemail still keeps throwing
>up the German language prompts. This has been going on for ages and they
>obviously have no intention of sorting that out either!

Not that voicemail from any provider really interests me one bit but
the carry on with Sipgate really isn't on they should either sort it
or take it out of service completely .
The one thing above all else about Spigate that really annoys me is
that the only way provided to contact them is by email .
>Anyone care to point me to a reliable voip service, I dont care what it
>costs me, I need reliability, not stacks of failed calls everyday.

Give Voipfone a go Terry I don't think you will be disappointed and
they are contactable by telephone on a 020 number I have not had one
problem with them in the three months or more I have been with them.
I am sorry Ivor but we all can't be wrong you continue to think that
sun shines out of their arses and believe all the excuses for the poor
service they provide if you want to but I have to say has with many
people in this country you are very easily satisfied some of us aren't
!!!!!!! .

Chris Blunt

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 14:17:48 +0100, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 13:22:01 +0100, "Terry K"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>After suffering with sipgate for some time now, I need a reliable service
>>for Voip, I have been with sipgate for several months hoping that they might
>>just get the service working reliably, but according to my callers, the
>>failed calls are getting more and more common. It's apparently quite
>>common now for them to have to try more than five times before they get a
>>successful connection. Messages such as 'The call cannot be connected' and
>>'Number unavailable tone' is commonplace these days most of the time. This
>>IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. I think sipgate should get their act together and start
>>charging a fee if they have to, whatever it takes to make the service good.

>I could not agree with what you are saying here more I have given them
>yards and yards of rope over the passed months and now I think the
>time has come when they should hang themselves with it !!.
>>But for me, I would never trust the service again. I have been testing this
>>morning and find that approximately one out of every three calls from my
>>other line fail to connect. What use is that? I don't care what all the
>>supporters are going to say, they obviosuly don't care about the poor
>>service and are happy to accept they are missing some calls I guess.

>This is the only conclusion I can come to also .
>> Furthermore, the voicemail still keeps throwing
>>up the German language prompts. This has been going on for ages and they
>>obviously have no intention of sorting that out either!

>Not that voicemail from any provider really interests me one bit but
>the carry on with Sipgate really isn't on they should either sort it
>or take it out of service completely .
>The one thing above all else about Spigate that really annoys me is
>that the only way provided to contact them is by email .
>>Anyone care to point me to a reliable voip service, I dont care what it
>>costs me, I need reliability, not stacks of failed calls everyday.

>Give Voipfone a go Terry I don't think you will be disappointed and
>they are contactable by telephone on a 020 number I have not had one
>problem with them in the three months or more I have been with them.
>I am sorry Ivor but we all can't be wrong you continue to think that
>sun shines out of their arses and believe all the excuses for the poor
>service they provide if you want to but I have to say has with many
>people in this country you are very easily satisfied some of us aren't
>!!!!!!! .

We've been asked to be patient while Sipgate sort themselves out for
too long, and many people have lost confidence in them altogether now.
To use them for business would be the kiss of death for any company.
Using them for personal use may be ok if you're not bothered about
reliability. Ivor has often said he got involved with them mainly to
get some experience of playing around with VoIP, and that's about all
Sipgate seems to be good for at the moment.

The problem they now have is their reputation has become so tarnished
that they'll have a difficult time re-establishing their credibility
whatever they do. I don't have much confidence in Sipgate ever
becoming a successful operation in the UK

Chris

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 21:38:26 +0800, Chris Blunt
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The problem they now have is their reputation has become so tarnished
>that they'll have a difficult time re-establishing their credibility
>whatever they do. I don't have much confidence in Sipgate ever
>becoming a successful operation in the UK

Well Chris I reckons if good old Mr Hitler was still in charge of
Germany he would have either had Sipgate staff stud up against a wall
and shot or slung in a concentration camp .

Ivor Jones

"Chris Blunt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

[snip]

> The problem they now have is their reputation has become so tarnished
> that they'll have a difficult time re-establishing their credibility
> whatever they do. I don't have much confidence in Sipgate ever
> becoming a successful operation in the UK

Your opinion, to which you are of course entitled. You do have a point,
but they *will* get there. The vociferous few in this group are a
minority.

I don't propose to say any more, as I know I'm wasting my time.

Ivor

David Floyd

In message of Tue, 5 Jul 2005, Ivor Jones writes

>"Chris Blunt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>
>[snip]
>
>> The problem they now have is their reputation has become so tarnished
>> that they'll have a difficult time re-establishing their credibility
>> whatever they do. I don't have much confidence in Sipgate ever
>> becoming a successful operation in the UK

>Your opinion, to which you are of course entitled. You do have a point,
>but they *will* get there. The vociferous few in this group are a
>minority.

Do you have figures to support that statement.

As far as I can see YOU are the only one who supports Sipgate at the
moment.

DF

Chris Blunt

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 14:48:04 +0100, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 21:38:26 +0800, Chris Blunt
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>The problem they now have is their reputation has become so tarnished
>>that they'll have a difficult time re-establishing their credibility
>>whatever they do. I don't have much confidence in Sipgate ever
>>becoming a successful operation in the UK

>Well Chris I reckons if good old Mr Hitler was still in charge of
>Germany he would have either had Sipgate staff stud up against a wall
>and shot or slung in a concentration camp .

The thing I like about you Dexter is you've always got such moderate,
balanced views on things

And that poor Steve Mancour seemed such a nice chap.

Chris

Ivor Jones

"David Floyd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> In message of Tue, 5 Jul 2005, Ivor Jones writes
>>
>>"Chris Blunt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>
>>[snip]
>>
>>> The problem they now have is their reputation has become so tarnished
>>> that they'll have a difficult time re-establishing their credibility
>>> whatever they do. I don't have much confidence in Sipgate ever
>>> becoming a successful operation in the UK

>>Your opinion, to which you are of course entitled. You do have a point,
>>but they *will* get there. The vociferous few in this group are a
>>minority.
>>

> Do you have figures to support that statement.

Unfortunately not that can be published here, no.

> As far as I can see YOU are the only one who supports Sipgate at the
> moment.

I'm a minority in this group, same as everyone else

Ivor

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 15:18:04 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Your opinion, to which you are of course entitled. You do have a point,
>but they *will* get there.

Oh yes in the fullness of time when VOIP has been superseded by
something more efficient and involving less cost to the consumer .
>The vociferous few in this group are a
>minority.

But what about the people who don't post to news groups Ivor .
>I don't propose to say any more, as I know I'm wasting my time.

You are while you persist in defending a company that has now proved
itself totally unworthy of defending .

Ivor Jones

"Chris Blunt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

[snip]

> The thing I like about you Dexter is you've always got such moderate,
> balanced views on things

I've always held that people are entitled to their opinions and that they
should be free to express them, but the mention of Hitler and
concentration camps in relation to such a small thing as the failings of a
VoIP company have finally made me wash my hands of him.

> And that poor Steve Mancour seemed such a nice chap.

He is, and he's doing his best as I said, but continually having a go
isn't going to help.

Ivor