Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Sipgate Voicemail not working for me?

Sipgate Voicemail not working for me?

James Fisher

I have just dialled 50000 to connect to voicemail, but when I dial 0 (zero)
to change the message, it ignores me and goes through all the options again.
Anyone else finding that voicemail isn't working as it should?

James

Ian

"James Fisher" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have just dialled 50000 to connect to voicemail, but when I dial 0

(zero)
> to change the message, it ignores me and goes through all the options

again.
> Anyone else finding that voicemail isn't working as it should?

what are you using as a client. as odds on you have the dtmf mode set wrong.
try setting it to info or equivilent.

Ian

James Fisher

"Ian" <spam"AT"bathfordhill.co.uk> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "James Fisher" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I have just dialled 50000 to connect to voicemail, but when I dial 0

> (zero)
>> to change the message, it ignores me and goes through all the options

> again.
>> Anyone else finding that voicemail isn't working as it should?
>>

> what are you using as a client. as odds on you have the dtmf mode set
> wrong.
> try setting it to info or equivilent.
>
> Ian

Its a Sipura 1001 ATA, Ian. Does that make a difference to your reply?

James

I won't be able to have a look at curing it until later tonight, its at a
friends place.

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 14:43:04 +0100, "James Fisher"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have just dialled 50000 to connect to voicemail, but when I dial 0 (zero)
>to change the message, it ignores me and goes through all the options again.
>Anyone else finding that voicemail isn't working as it should?
>
>James

Well I have just dialed 50000 and got some German bitch talking in
double dutch !!!! )) .
Will Sipgate EVER get things working right the voicemail system is a
joke good job it is free .

Ivor Jones

"James Fisher" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

[snip]

> Its a Sipura 1001 ATA, Ian. Does that make a difference to your reply?
>
> James
>
> I won't be able to have a look at curing it until later tonight, its at
> a friends place.

If it's totally ignoring your DTMF tones, then chances are you have the TX
method incorrectly set. You need to use INFO or SIP INFO mode. Don't use
IN BAND or AUTO or any other mode listed.

Ivor

James Fisher

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "James Fisher" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> [snip]
>
>> Its a Sipura 1001 ATA, Ian. Does that make a difference to your reply?
>>
>> James
>>
>> I won't be able to have a look at curing it until later tonight, its at a
>> friends place.

> If it's totally ignoring your DTMF tones, then chances are you have the TX
> method incorrectly set. You need to use INFO or SIP INFO mode. Don't use
> IN BAND or AUTO or any other mode listed.
>
> Ivor

Thanks Ivor, that sorted it out.
James

James Fisher

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 14:43:04 +0100, "James Fisher"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I have just dialled 50000 to connect to voicemail, but when I dial 0
>>(zero)
>>to change the message, it ignores me and goes through all the options
>>again.
>>Anyone else finding that voicemail isn't working as it should?
>>
>>James
>>

> Well I have just dialed 50000 and got some German bitch talking in
> double dutch !!!! )) .
> Will Sipgate EVER get things working right the voicemail system is a
> joke good job it is free .

The quality of the english voices on the voicemail is awful. It sounds like
they were recorded with a 1pence microphone. : - (

Why are they soooo bad?

Ivor Jones

"James Fisher" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

[snip]

> The quality of the english voices on the voicemail is awful. It sounds
> like they were recorded with a 1pence microphone. : - (
>
> Why are they soooo bad?

Recorded in a hurry They will be re-recorded properly soon..!

Ivor