Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Swissvoice IC 10S power supply info.

Swissvoice IC 10S power supply info.

Nick

As per title folks.

Have two of these phones minus power supplies.
Ideally would like to know the voltage, current
and polarities in the connector these units require.
Or if anyone can provide info for original power
supply unit, supplier, price etc it would be very
much appreciated.

Yes it is me Ivor.
No, I don't want any comment about the "spoof"
details, thanks.
Remove the "dot's" to reply.

Ivor Jones

news:O4Vxe.22177$%(E-Mail Removed)...
> As per title folks.
>
> Have two of these phones minus power supplies.
> Ideally would like to know the voltage, current
> and polarities in the connector these units require.
> Or if anyone can provide info for original power
> supply unit, supplier, price etc it would be very
> much appreciated.
>
> Yes it is me Ivor.
> No, I don't want any comment about the "spoof"
> details, thanks.
> Remove the "dot's" to reply.

I never said a word, Fred <g>

Ivor

Nick

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:O4Vxe.22177$%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > As per title folks.
> >
> > Have two of these phones minus power supplies.
> > Ideally would like to know the voltage, current
> > and polarities in the connector these units require.
> > Or if anyone can provide info for original power
> > supply unit, supplier, price etc it would be very
> > much appreciated.
> >
> > Yes it is me Ivor.
> > No, I don't want any comment about the "spoof"
> > details, thanks.
> > Remove the "dot's" to reply.

> I never said a word, Fred <g>
>
> Ivor

That's OK Bert.

Alan Foster

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 17:17:34 GMT, Nick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Have two of these phones minus power supplies.
> Ideally would like to know the voltage, current
> and polarities in the connector these units require.
> Or if anyone can provide info for original power
> supply unit, supplier, price etc it would be very
> much appreciated.

Just bought a IC 10S myself this very morning at the computer fair. Been
doing some research on this very subject.

1. The phone is wired for POE and only needs a plugtop supply if POE is
not available.

2. Can't find a source for the plugtop supplies anywhere!

3. The POE spec is 48VDC... can't remember which pins are which, but the
802.3af spec can be found on the web if you're really interested.

4. Be aware that the voltage expected in the plugtop supply socket is
likely to be much lower than 48V... the POE connection undoubtedly goes
through voltage drop and regulation. As there is insufficient information
(like none) available from Swissvoice a seperate supply seems to be out of
the question.

5. THE GOOD NEWS... Solwise are expecting a supply of an inexpensive POE
injectors this week... with p&p and VAT it's about 22 GBP. It's more than
I paid for the phone, but I'm going to give it a go. I'll be ordering one
ASAP.

Alan.

Nick

"Alan Foster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newspstcquzwea48l90@office...
> On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 17:17:34 GMT, Nick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > Have two of these phones minus power supplies.
> > Ideally would like to know the voltage, current
> > and polarities in the connector these units require.
> > Or if anyone can provide info for original power
> > supply unit, supplier, price etc it would be very
> > much appreciated.
> >

> Just bought a IC 10S myself this very morning at the computer fair. Been
> doing some research on this very subject.
>
> 1. The phone is wired for POE and only needs a plugtop supply if POE is
> not available.
>
> 2. Can't find a source for the plugtop supplies anywhere!
>
> 3. The POE spec is 48VDC... can't remember which pins are which, but the
> 802.3af spec can be found on the web if you're really interested.
>
> 4. Be aware that the voltage expected in the plugtop supply socket is
> likely to be much lower than 48V... the POE connection undoubtedly goes
> through voltage drop and regulation. As there is insufficient information
> (like none) available from Swissvoice a seperate supply seems to be out of
> the question.
>
> 5. THE GOOD NEWS... Solwise are expecting a supply of an inexpensive POE
> injectors this week... with p&p and VAT it's about 22 GBP. It's more than
> I paid for the phone, but I'm going to give it a go. I'll be ordering one
> ASAP.
>
> Alan.

Thanks Alan,

Not much to go on but better than nothing.

Wonder which computer fair you bought yours from?

ViewSonic 10s First Impressions Ian Front Page News 0 03-07-2011 04:35 PM
socket 10s hangs Roger Pack Ruby 7 08-28-2007 07:59 PM
Canon A510 problem - lens stuck, turns on for 10s then shuts off. rj Digital Photography 1 04-20-2006 04:13 AM