Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > weird stuff..

weird stuff..

dojodirectory.co.uk

ok.. i just been trying to get my new wi-fi zyxel phone working with
sipgate and i can only get 0800 numbers to work. any 'normal' 01 or
02 or 07 number results in a recorded message in german.

there are no ports forwarded, there is no Upnp, there is no DMZ setting
and it still works for 0800 numbers. I do have the sipgate STUN
server configured in the phone. i cannot recive calls at all.

now, can any techie explain why 0800 should work and not the others (i
do have credit on my account).

So then i thought i would try my budgetone 102. and i have some
strange issues there too. It works if i use DHCP and it dont work
if i manually configure THE SAME addresses statically. I dont know
why this is but i dont like it.

furthermore, I can make and receive calls to any number no probs. oh,
there is no forwarding of any kind and no DMZ set.. i do have the sip
stun server set.

i just find it a bit weird and i dont like weird.

i dont know how i will get my zyxel handset to work for normal
numbers and i dont know why my budgetone 102 insists on a dynamic
address when i want to give him a static one.

any ideas?

Ivor Jones

"dojodirectory.co.uk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Zl_we.13354$(E-Mail Removed)...
> ok.. i just been trying to get my new wi-fi zyxel phone working
> with sipgate and i can only get 0800 numbers to work. any
> 'normal' 01 or 02 or 07 number results in a recorded message in
> german.
>
> there are no ports forwarded, there is no Upnp, there is no DMZ
> setting and it still works for 0800 numbers. I do have the sipgate
> STUN server configured in the phone. i cannot recive calls at all.

Set the DMZ to the phone's IP address. Some phones/ATA's require it.

> now, can any techie explain why 0800 should work and not the others
> (i do have credit on my account).

There you have me beat..!

> So then i thought i would try my budgetone 102. and i have some
> strange issues there too. It works if i use DHCP and it dont
> work if i manually configure THE SAME addresses statically. I dont
> know why this is but i dont like it.
>
> furthermore, I can make and receive calls to any number no probs. oh,
> there is no forwarding of any kind and no DMZ set.. i do have the
> sip stun server set.
>
> i just find it a bit weird and i dont like weird.
>
> i dont know how i will get my zyxel handset to work for normal
> numbers and i dont know why my budgetone 102 insists on a dynamic
> address when i want to give him a static one.
>
> any ideas?

All I can suggest is set the DMZ. My Sipura SPA-2000 won't work without
this, even though it should.

Ivor

Martin²

Dojo:
>It works if i use DHCP and it dont work if i manually configure
>THE SAME addresses statically. I dont know why this is but i dont
>like it.

Presumably you would need to forward the necessary ports to match the static
address ?
I have Zyxel 2602HWL VoIP router set for sipgate & voipbuster.
I presume the settings would be the same, the Zyxel browser interface is bit
weird,
took me a while to get voipbuster to work.
Regards,
Martin