Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Is sipgate working?

Is sipgate working?

Gary

Can anyone tell me if Sipgate (sipgate.co.uk) is working? Mine ATA failed
to log in since last night....

George

"Gary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone tell me if Sipgate (sipgate.co.uk) is working? Mine ATA
> failed to log in since last night....

No problems here.

Ivor Jones

Gary wrote:
> Can anyone tell me if Sipgate (sipgate.co.uk) is working? Mine ATA
> failed to log in since last night....

It's ok here, I have just had a couple of calls.

What ATA is it..? Try pwer cycling it.

Ivor

GwG

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Gary wrote:
>> Can anyone tell me if Sipgate (sipgate.co.uk) is working? Mine ATA
>> failed to log in since last night....

> It's ok here, I have just had a couple of calls.
>
> What ATA is it..? Try pwer cycling it.

I just tried dialling my NTL number and no connection seemed to be made. I
cancelled the call, and about a minute later my NTL phone rang, but when I
answered, there was nobody on line, so it appears that this was the call I
tried to make. Three other test calls have resulted in two beep-beep-beeps,
and one connection, so yes, it appears there is a another problem.

I'm in the west of Nottingham area.

Ivor Jones

GwG wrote:
> "Ivor Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Gary wrote:
>>> Can anyone tell me if Sipgate (sipgate.co.uk) is working? Mine
>>> ATA failed to log in since last night....

>> It's ok here, I have just had a couple of calls.
>>
>> What ATA is it..? Try pwer cycling it.
>>

> I just tried dialling my NTL number and no connection seemed to be
> made. I cancelled the call, and about a minute later my NTL phone
> rang, but when I answered, there was nobody on line, so it appears
> that this was the call I tried to make. Three other test calls have
> resulted in two beep-beep-beeps, and one connection, so yes, it
> appears there is a another problem.
> I'm in the west of Nottingham area.

No idea then, it's all ok here. I just had a friend ring me from Germany
and it was ok via Sipgate but when he tried the PSTN it failed the first
time but was ok the second.. he thinks it was a PSTN problem his end as he
couldn't dial another PSTN number either. I tried from my mobile and it
was fine.

Ivor

NewsAcc

> Can anyone tell me if Sipgate (sipgate.co.uk) is working? Mine ATA failed
> to log in since last night....

I noticed that Sipgate was having issues yesterday (and still today). I
cant dial my incoming number from an external phone (engaged tone) and I can
dial out using the a softphone, but then cant hear anything. Same on my IP
phone. However, my other voip provider (voipfone.co.uk) works fine. No
config changes since last week, so it points to Sipgate in my opinion.

I haev been testing Sipgate side by side with voipfone over the last week or
so and so far voipfone has had no outages and Sipgate seems to go down at
least once a day (for me anyway !). I simply dial out every hour to a
freephone number and then dial my incoming number to ensure my softphone
rings. A simple test, but it has shown me the reliabilty (or lack of)
Sipgate. Its a shame, because on paper, its a cracking service. Once they
get their voicemail sorted out and reliabilty back, then great !

Ivor Jones

NewsAcc wrote:
>> Can anyone tell me if Sipgate (sipgate.co.uk) is working? Mine
>> ATA failed to log in since last night....

> I noticed that Sipgate was having issues yesterday (and still
> today). I cant dial my incoming number from an external phone
> (engaged tone) and I can dial out using the a softphone, but then
> cant hear anything. Same on my IP phone. However, my other voip
> provider (voipfone.co.uk) works fine. No config changes since last
> week, so it points to Sipgate in my opinion.
> I haev been testing Sipgate side by side with voipfone over the
> last week or so and so far voipfone has had no outages and Sipgate
> seems to go down at least once a day (for me anyway !). I simply
> dial out every hour to a freephone number and then dial my incoming
> number to ensure my softphone rings. A simple test, but it has
> shown me the reliabilty (or lack of) Sipgate. Its a shame, because
> on paper, its a cracking service. Once they get their voicemail
> sorted out and reliabilty back, then great !

No problems here for weeks.

I don't trust softphones though.

Ivor

Gary

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Gary wrote:
>> Can anyone tell me if Sipgate (sipgate.co.uk) is working? Mine ATA
>> failed to log in since last night....

> It's ok here, I have just had a couple of calls.
>
> What ATA is it..? Try pwer cycling it.
>
> Ivor

Its a Sipura 2000. It won't log into sipgate since around 22:00 last night.

Power cycling has no resolve of the problem.

It just says Failed, where normally it says Registered in the browser.

I presume its sipgate down again, as nothing has changed here.

I think its time I sorted out a reliable provider, can anyone suggest one
that works and how much I need to pay for one that doesn't stop working
every five minutes?

Gary

Gary

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> GwG wrote:
>> "Ivor Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> It's ok here, I have just had a couple of calls.
>>>
>>> What ATA is it..? Try pwer cycling it.
>>>

>> I just tried dialling my NTL number and no connection seemed to be
>> made. I cancelled the call, and about a minute later my NTL phone
>> rang, but when I answered, there was nobody on line, so it appears
>> that this was the call I tried to make. Three other test calls have
>> resulted in two beep-beep-beeps, and one connection, so yes, it
>> appears there is a another problem.
>> I'm in the west of Nottingham area.

> No idea then, it's all ok here. I just had a friend ring me from Germany
> and it was ok via Sipgate but when he tried the PSTN it failed the first
> time but was ok the second.. he thinks it was a PSTN problem his end as he
> couldn't dial another PSTN number either. I tried from my mobile and it
> was fine.
>
> Ivor

Just a question for you if you can help. Do you have any idea why sipgate
needs to keep registering every 3600 seconds? According to my sipura, that
is what happens. Can I extend this time to cut constant network traffic?
Still no connection here yet.

Gary

GwG

"Gary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Its a Sipura 2000. It won't log into sipgate since around 22:00 last
> night.
>
> Power cycling has no resolve of the problem.
>
> It just says Failed, where normally it says Registered in the browser.
>
> I presume its sipgate down again, as nothing has changed here.
>
> I think its time I sorted out a reliable provider, can anyone suggest one
> that works and how much I need to pay for one that doesn't stop working
> every five minutes?

Still getting beep-beep-beep here, after dialling an available number.
I have almost given up on Sipgate now, I set it up early to test the service
till September, when I shall be cancelling my NTL line, but Sipgate is
nowhere near reliable enough

Just out of interest Gary, are you also on NTL?

2 Sipgate numbers behind one router..? Ivor Jones VOIP 54 02-04-2005 01:20 PM
Sipgate down..? Ivor Jones VOIP 0 01-30-2005 11:48 PM
Router Recommendation for Sipgate and Sipura-2000? John Geddes VOIP 3 01-19-2005 06:30 AM
Sipgate Grandstream HandyTone-286 + Arcor DSL 1 Mbit Jan VOIP 6 06-25-2004 01:22 PM

Advertisments