Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > ATS to interface TO the PSTN network?

ATS to interface TO the PSTN network?

Sparks

I am after an ATA type thing to connect my asterisk box TO my land line (If
possible!)

Do they exist, or do I need to get a card for the Asterisk box (I do have
one of these already, but I cant seem toe get rid of the echo on it)

Ta!

Sparks...

Ian

"Sparks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42c2e507$0$38046$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> I am after an ATA type thing to connect my asterisk box TO my land line

(If
> possible!)
>
> Do they exist, or do I need to get a card for the Asterisk box (I do have
> one of these already, but I cant seem toe get rid of the echo on it)

Yep the Sipura spa3000 will do what you want.

As to the echo on what is more than likely a clone x100, have you adjusted
the level with ztmonitor and adjusted the echo canceling and training. I
have found in default these do echo, But with adjustment you can cut it to a
point where its not noticable.

Ian

Sparks

> Yep the Sipura spa3000 will do what you want.

Excellent, where is the best (as in cheapest!) place to get one!?

> As to the echo on what is more than likely a clone x100

Yup, the cheapskate in me thought it was a good idea at the time!

> have you adjusted the level with ztmonitor and adjusted the echo
> canceling and training.

Yes, it got better, but even then quite often during the call it would all
of a sudden go really really bad, never managed to solve it after lots of
fiddling with it!

Andrew Gabriel

In article <42c2ee48$0$38041$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Sparks" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>> Yep the Sipura spa3000 will do what you want.

> Excellent, where is the best (as in cheapest!) place to get one!?

I bought 2 from www.gradwell.com a few days ago.
They were 80+VAT each, plus 8 P+P.
I don't know if that's the cheapest (didn't spend
much time looking around), but it was cheaper than
most of the ebay vendors.

Be warned it probably has nearly 700 configuration
fields (I must be bored, I just counted them,
and the configuration manual is not very good in
my view. (You have to download it -- it's not
included with the product). However, the spa3000
itself seems to be very powerful, if I ever get it
properly configured.

Oh, one other thing, it can only pickup Belcore
style callerid from the PSTN line. Given how
infinitely configureable the unit is generally,
this is a rather untypical restriction. However,
it can generate just about any callerid style out
to a directly attached phone, including BT's FSK
with polarity reversal.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Thomas Sandford

"Andrew Gabriel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42c42df9$0$38043$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> In article <42c2ee48$0$38041$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "Sparks" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>> Yep the Sipura spa3000 will do what you want.

> Oh, one other thing, it can only pickup Belcore
> style callerid from the PSTN line. Given how
> infinitely configureable the unit is generally,
> this is a rather untypical restriction. However,
> it can generate just about any callerid style out
> to a directly attached phone, including BT's FSK
> with polarity reversal.

???

Mine quite happily recognises callerid on my incoming BT line.

Software Version: 2.0.11(GWg)
Hardware Version: 2.0.1(0875)

--
Thomas Sandford

Andrew Gabriel

In article <42c436b6$0$38037$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Thomas Sandford" <${thomas/03$}@paradisegreen.co.uk> writes:
> "Andrew Gabriel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:42c42df9$0$38043$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Oh, one other thing, it can only pickup Belcore
>> style callerid from the PSTN line. Given how
>> infinitely configureable the unit is generally,
>> this is a rather untypical restriction. However,
>> it can generate just about any callerid style out
>> to a directly attached phone, including BT's FSK
>> with polarity reversal.

> ???
>
> Mine quite happily recognises callerid on my incoming BT line.
>
> Software Version: 2.0.11(GWg)
> Hardware Version: 2.0.1(0875)

Oh, that's good to know. The (not very good manual) says it won't,
and mine certainly isn't passing it through to the phone, but that
maybe because the manual is out of date and I haven't configured
it right yet

Mine is:
Software Version: 2.0.13(GWg)
Hardware Version: 2.0.1(81e2)

--
Andrew Gabriel

Andrew Gabriel

In article <42c4428a$0$38043$(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Andrew Gabriel) writes:
> In article <42c436b6$0$38037$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "Thomas Sandford" <${thomas/03$}@paradisegreen.co.uk> writes:
>>
>> Mine quite happily recognises callerid on my incoming BT line.
>>
>> Software Version: 2.0.11(GWg)
>> Hardware Version: 2.0.1(0875)

> Oh, that's good to know. The (not very good manual) says it won't,
> and mine certainly isn't passing it through to the phone, but that
> maybe because the manual is out of date and I haven't configured
> it right yet

Actually, mine was working all along. I was using a 2-line Callerid
phone (Converse 2050) to see the callerid before the spa3000 and
after the call had passed through the spa3000. The Converse showed
the number on line 1 and UNAVAILABLE on line 2. Attaching an old
CD50 caller display unit revealed that in fact both these bits of
information were coming out of the spa3000, except the text had been
truncated on the Converse. On the CD50, the number is correctly
displayed and the accompanying text actually reads NAME UNAVAILABLE,
which when truncated on the Converse, unfortunately reads UNAVAILABLE,
exactly the same as it displays when the 'O' [unavailable] flag is set
in the callerid data! Oh what a coincidence...

--
Andrew Gabriel

Thomas Sandford

"Andrew Gabriel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42c46ace$0$38043$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> In article <42c4428a$0$38043$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) (Andrew Gabriel) writes:
>> In article <42c436b6$0$38037$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> "Thomas Sandford" <${thomas/03$}@paradisegreen.co.uk> writes:
>>>
>>> Mine quite happily recognises callerid on my incoming BT line.
>>>
>>> Software Version: 2.0.11(GWg)
>>> Hardware Version: 2.0.1(0875)

>> Oh, that's good to know. The (not very good manual) says it won't,
>> and mine certainly isn't passing it through to the phone, but that
>> maybe because the manual is out of date and I haven't configured
>> it right yet

> Actually, mine was working all along. I was using a 2-line Callerid
> phone (Converse 2050) to see the callerid before the spa3000 and
> after the call had passed through the spa3000. The Converse showed
> the number on line 1 and UNAVAILABLE on line 2. Attaching an old
> CD50 caller display unit revealed that in fact both these bits of
> information were coming out of the spa3000, except the text had been
> truncated on the Converse. On the CD50, the number is correctly
> displayed and the accompanying text actually reads NAME UNAVAILABLE,
> which when truncated on the Converse, unfortunately reads UNAVAILABLE,
> exactly the same as it displays when the 'O' [unavailable] flag is set
> in the callerid data! Oh what a coincidence...

Good - because I was getting a bit puzzled by your problem as I can't find
any way of setting incoming (FXO)callerid so that AFICS it either monitors
all possible incoming callerid or it uses the method you have explicitly set
for the FXS port.

Since it was working on mine I was worried this meant they had borked it on
a later release.

--
Thomas Sandford