Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Computer internet connection dropping with ATA

Computer internet connection dropping with ATA

James Ikom

Anyone experienced this and any solutions:
SPA-2100 connects fine to internet via NTL cable modem. Using SPA as
router. If I leave the computer on but unused for a couple of hours
when I come back the Sipura connects fine to the internet and I can
make calls - but the computer has lost its connection and I can only
get it back by rebooting Sipura, cable modem, and computer. As you can
imagine it is painful to have to do this every couple of hours!
Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks

Phil Thompson

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 16:20:30 GMT, James Ikom <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> As you can
>imagine it is painful to have to do this every couple of hours!
>Any thoughts or suggestions?

DHCP lease time setting avaiable in the SPA ? set it to a large number
of days or to zero.

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !

James Ikom

Thanks for the tip Phil. It was set to 24 hours and I now set it to
0. I'll see if this solves the problem. BTW how does ATA interpret
the '0' setting?

Phil Thompson

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 18:23:35 GMT, James Ikom <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>BTW how does ATA interpret
>the '0' setting?

usually DHCP server timeouts are turned off by entering zero, in fact
many things with time limit settings use this convention. So it will
grant a lease until 2037 or something similar.

Phil