Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Vo-IP ATA adapter required - recommendations please

Vo-IP ATA adapter required - recommendations please

Ivor Jones

Tony wrote:
> "Ivor Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

[snip]

>> You don't need to do a factory reset (see my other post). A normal
>> reset wouldn't re-enable web access anyway.

> Ivor, I didn't enter a password for the admin, I just selected 'No
> access from the web' What is the password likely to be?

Unless you entered an admin password, I don't think there is one. What do
you get when you enter the access code..?

Ivor

PS if your phone is working and you want to call me or have me call you,
email me with a number.

--
Ivor

(replace 'invalid' with 'com' in sending address to reply direct)

Phil Thompson

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 22:44:51 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>You don't need to do a factory reset (see my other post). A normal reset
>wouldn't re-enable web access anyway.

is there a factory reset option, out of interest ?

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !

Ivor Jones

Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 22:44:51 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> You don't need to do a factory reset (see my other post). A normal
>> reset wouldn't re-enable web access anyway.

> is there a factory reset option, out of interest ?
>
> Phil

Yes. On the SPA2000 it's 73738 (spells RESET on keypad). Enter 1 to
confirm or * to cancel.

Note that NO PASSWORD is required and the unit will lose ALL settings..!
Use with CARE..!

Ivor

Al

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 19:12:04 +0100, Dave Gill wrote:

>gumusluk <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> If you buy the 1001 and update the software you can use two different
>> providers. I have voipbuster and Sipgate on mine and both are OK.

>There's currently a 1001 on eBay. The "buy-it-now" price is about what
>you would pay for a new one less the VAT.

Why would you want to buy this product when you can get the Linksys
PAP2 at nearly half the price?

Thomas Sandford

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Al wrote:
>> On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 22:16:12 +0100, Ivor Jones wrote:
>>
>>> You can't. For that you would need an ATA with two ports such as
>>> the SPA2000. The 1001 merely allows you to use a single phone for
>>> two "lines" - each will ring with a different ring and you select
>>> which line you want to dial out on by entering a code.

>> So what happens if you're in the middle of a call and there's an
>> incoming call on the other line?

> I have no idea. I assume you would get call waiting bleeps or something
> and there would be a code sequence to put one call on hold. I've never
> used this particular unit so I don't know for sure.

Certainly the SPA-3000 gives you call waiting bleeps if you are on a SIP
call and the PSTN line rings (or vice-versa), soI imagine the 1001 will do
similar for its two SIP "lines".

--
Thomas Sandford

Dave Gill

Al <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Why would you want to buy this product when you can get the Linksys
> PAP2 at nearly half the price?

Don't Vonage offer a (locked) version of that ATA? I've only seen one
UK outlet selling the unlocked version.

I'd like to see a few people raving about its features and reliability
before I bought one. It may be related to Sipura kit, but that doesn't
necessarily mean it will be as good.

ATA recommendations please jkn UK VOIP 5 06-29-2007 09:51 AM
Comunications ATA 186 to ATA 186 (without any gatekeeper or CallManager) SoGo VOIP 1 03-12-2005 07:39 AM
Serial ATA HD And Ultra/ATA HD's In Same PC: O.K. ? Robert11 Computer Support 1 10-28-2004 10:14 PM
Ultra ATA/100 HDD on a Ultra ATA/33 motherboard Prinxce of Darkxness Computer Support 3 01-06-2004 05:36 PM
ATA 133 HD on a ATA 100 Board buffy Computer Support 2 12-23-2003 03:39 PM

Advertisments