Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Vo-IP ATA adapter required - recommendations please

Vo-IP ATA adapter required - recommendations please

Tony

"Phil Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 09:26:55 +0100, "Tony"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I've not got round to installing it yet, but do you know which of the
>>firmware upgrades on their site supports the 2 service option?

> http://www.myphonecall.co.uk/support...e/default.aspx
>
> the one with SE after its name ?
>
> Phil

Arh, on logging into the menu, it seems that this one has come supplied with
the lastest software, so it is already supporting the 2 line options. Thats
a bit of good news.. Looks like I don't need to update the firmware after
all.... Its running software version : 2.0.13(SEg)

Tony

Tony

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Phil Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 09:26:55 +0100, "Tony"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>I've not got round to installing it yet, but do you know which of the
>>>firmware upgrades on their site supports the 2 service option?

>> http://www.myphonecall.co.uk/support...e/default.aspx
>>
>> the one with SE after its name ?
>>
>> Phil

> Arh, on logging into the menu, it seems that this one has come supplied
> with the lastest software, so it is already supporting the 2 line options.
> Thats a bit of good news.. Looks like I don't need to update the firmware
> after all.... Its running software version : 2.0.13(SEg)
>
> Tony

I've got another couple of queries Phil, if you wouldn't mind...?

I presume the SIP port 5060 and 5061 need opening up on the DG834G, to allow
the connection to work? Am I correct in assuming this?

Is there any preference for which service I add to which line? For now, I
want to make calls with 18866, and receive with sipgate. This could well
change once I have set everything up and confirmed all is working.

How do I prove the system is working for outgoing calls? Is there a dial
tone that comes from the Sipura, or do I have to start the call by dialling
something specific?

It looks like I'm almost there now... I just need to find the lead to the
DECT phone that seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth! (I set
up the 1001 with another wired phone that I don't want to use as the main
one)

Tony

Tony

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Tony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Phil Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> http://www.myphonecall.co.uk/support...e/default.aspx
>>>
>>> the one with SE after its name ?
>>>
>>> Phil

>> Arh, on logging into the menu, it seems that this one has come supplied
>> with the lastest software, so it is already supporting the 2 line
>> options. Thats a bit of good news.. Looks like I don't need to update the
>> firmware after all.... Its running software version : 2.0.13(SEg)
>>
>> Tony

> I've got another couple of queries Phil, if you wouldn't mind...?
>
> I presume the SIP port 5060 and 5061 need opening up on the DG834G, to
> allow the connection to work? Am I correct in assuming this?
>
> Is there any preference for which service I add to which line? For now, I
> want to make calls with 18866, and receive with sipgate. This could well
> change once I have set everything up and confirmed all is working.
>
> How do I prove the system is working for outgoing calls? Is there a dial
> tone that comes from the Sipura, or do I have to start the call by
> dialling something specific?
>
> It looks like I'm almost there now... I just need to find the lead to the
> DECT phone that seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth! (I
> set up the 1001 with another wired phone that I don't want to use as the
> main one)
>
> Tony

I spoke too soon, I have just set a password for the admin, but now when I
try logging in, it as asking me for a username and password! I only
specified a password (of which I know), but what would the default username
be?

Thanks
Tony

Tony

> I spoke too soon, I have just set a password for the admin, but now when I
> try logging in, it as asking me for a username and password! I only
> specified a password (of which I know), but what would the default
> username be?
>
> Thanks
> Tony

Panic over, it seems the username is 'user'

Tony

Phil Thompson

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:50:58 +0100, "Tony"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I presume the SIP port 5060 and 5061 need opening up on the DG834G, to allow
>the connection to work? Am I correct in assuming this?

they need forwarding to the IP of the ATA, not just opening up in the
firewall. Also you need to open some UDP ports for the voice side fo
things see
<http://esupport.gradwell.net/index.php?_a=knowledgebase&_j=questiondetails&_i=1 68>

>Is there any preference for which service I add to which line? For now, I
>want to make calls with 18866, and receive with sipgate. This could well
>change once I have set everything up and confirmed all is working.

one of the accounts is default, isn't it. I don't have one of these
yet - you're slightly ahead of me. So set the default one to be the
one you want to make calls on..

"When you pick up the handset initially, you will
hear the dial tone for the first (default) service provider. Then
you can switch to the second service provider by entering a # key
(this key sequence is configurable).
If the secondary service provider is configured and in service, you
will
hear a slightly higher pitch dial tone indicating the seondary service
provider is selected. Hook flash or on-hook-and-off-hook will switch
back to the default service provider."

http://www.myphonecall.co.uk/support.../rn1001-se.htm

config tool at www.sipura.com/support/wiz.htm

>How do I prove the system is working for outgoing calls? Is there a dial
>tone that comes from the Sipura, or do I have to start the call by dialling
>something specific?

see above, you get dial tone when its got a service.

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !

Ivor Jones

Tony wrote:
>> I spoke too soon, I have just set a password for the admin, but
>> now when I try logging in, it as asking me for a username and
>> password! I only specified a password (of which I know), but what
>> would the default username be?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Tony
>>

> Panic over, it seems the username is 'user'
>
> Tony

That's for the basic settings only. The admin page is accessed by going to
page http://ipaddress/admin/advanced and entering admin as the username.
There is no password as a default, but set one..!

Ivor

Al

On 27 Jun 2005 06:45:03 -0700, gumusluk wrote:

>If you buy the 1001 and update the software you can use two different
>providers. I have voipbuster and Sipgate on mine and both are OK.

On the datasheet it says it has just ONE RJ11 for a telephone handset.
Can you explain how you can handle TWO different providers with just
ONE RJ11. Surely you would need TWO RJ11s (ie 2 handsets) to use 2
providers?

Tony

"Al" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 27 Jun 2005 06:45:03 -0700, gumusluk wrote:
>
>>If you buy the 1001 and update the software you can use two different
>>providers. I have voipbuster and Sipgate on mine and both are OK.

> On the datasheet it says it has just ONE RJ11 for a telephone handset.
> Can you explain how you can handle TWO different providers with just
> ONE RJ11. Surely you would need TWO RJ11s (ie 2 handsets) to use 2
> providers?

The 1001 has the option within the menu's to setup two different services.
Each service can then be chosen by a pre-set button using the keypad of the
connected telephone.

Or you can set it up that both services are sctive together. This will
allow you to make calls with one provider whilst receiving them with another
provider.

Tony

Al

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 20:34:10 +0100, Tony wrote:

>The 1001 has the option within the menu's to setup two different services.
>Each service can then be chosen by a pre-set button using the keypad of the
>connected telephone.
>
>Or you can set it up that both services are sctive together. This will
>allow you to make calls with one provider whilst receiving them with another
>provider.

Since it seems you can only attach one telephone to the unit, how can
you make and receive calls simultaneously using only a single handset?

Tony

"gumusluk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> If you buy the 1001 and update the software you can use two different
> providers. I have voipbuster and Sipgate on mine and both are OK.

Hi again,

I wonder if you might tell me how to register with voipbuster, as the
website doesn't appear to have a signup page?? I have given up on 18866 for
voip, I have spent all day trying to get it to work with the SPA1001 to no
avail. Perhaps its not compatible or something, I don't know. I did get
sipgate working though, but do you have the sip settings for VOIPBuster and
how do I sign up?

Thanks
Tony

ATA recommendations please jkn UK VOIP 5 06-29-2007 09:51 AM
Comunications ATA 186 to ATA 186 (without any gatekeeper or CallManager) SoGo VOIP 1 03-12-2005 07:39 AM
Serial ATA HD And Ultra/ATA HD's In Same PC: O.K. ? Robert11 Computer Support 1 10-28-2004 10:14 PM
Ultra ATA/100 HDD on a Ultra ATA/33 motherboard Prinxce of Darkxness Computer Support 3 01-06-2004 05:36 PM
ATA 133 HD on a ATA 100 Board buffy Computer Support 2 12-23-2003 03:39 PM

Advertisments