Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Vo-IP ATA adapter required - recommendations please

Vo-IP ATA adapter required - recommendations please

Dave Gill

Dave Gill <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> There's currently a 1001 on eBay. The "buy-it-now" price is about what
> you would pay for a new one less the VAT.

http://tinyurl.com/cnhxw

JPG

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:32:32 +0100, "Tony"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"JPG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 14:09:03 +0100, "Tony"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>Could I use two separate services for outgoing and incoming calls?, the
>>>reason I ask this is because currently I use 18866 to make calls from my
>>>computer using Vo-IP, but I receive calls via sipgate. (I am using X-lite
>>>at
>>>present) Can this sort of thing usually be configured into any ATA?
>>>

>> Sorry about hijacking the thread but I have a newbie query:
>>
>> How does one use two lines with X-lite, and assuming I have Sipgate for
>> incoming
>> and 18866 for outgoing, what telephone number should I/ would I use?
>>
>> JPG

>Setup a second service in SIP PROXY: proxy 1 in the program.

I can't really see how to set up 18866 - it seems to be for fixed
landlines or mobiles only, I am evidently not fully understanding
something.

I currently have Sipgate and X-lite and it appears to be working
correctly.

JPG

--
"And man can be as big as he wants. No problem of
human destiny is beyond human beings. Man's reason

Phil Thompson

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 21:33:02 +0100, JPG <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I can't really see how to set up 18866 - it seems to be for fixed
>landlines or mobiles only, I am evidently not fully understanding
>something.

you're not on the VoIP pages
try
http://www.call18866.co.uk/voip.php

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !

Martin²

Have look at Linksys PAP2, just £35.24 from broadbandbuyer.co.uk,
it has two sockets and two providers.
I have no personal experience though .
Regards,
Martin

Marc Popek

There is a simple automatic switching device combine-a-line that routes PSTN
and VOIP to a single line handset, answering machine, Fax, etc. This might
work.

Marco
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm wanting to install an ATA onto my network so I can make a receive

calls
> using Vo-IP using a DECT cordless phone. I have the following questions

if
> anyone could help.
>
> How much will it cost me for the adapter (minimum cost)
>
> How do you configure the adapter, do I use a web browser, similar to the
> configuration of a modem/router or wifi access point?
>
> Could I use two separate services for outgoing and incoming calls?, the
> reason I ask this is because currently I use 18866 to make calls from my
> computer using Vo-IP, but I receive calls via sipgate. (I am using X-lite

at
> present) Can this sort of thing usually be configured into any ATA?
>
> Would the ATA just connect to the LAN using a standard CAT5 cable into the
> back of my modem/router? (Netgear DG843G)
>
> Is there any reason why I would not be able to connect a DECT cordless

phone
> to the ATA, so I could use the phone anywhere around the home?
>
> Any recommendations for a suitable ATA would be great, especially if you
> have a website where I could buy one as I really would like to get this up
> and running as soon as possible.
>
> Thanks very much indeed..
>
> Tony

Marc Popek

There is a simple automatic switching device combine-a-line that routes PSTN
and VOIP to a single line handset, answering machine, Fax, etc. This might
work.

Marco
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

"JPG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 14:09:03 +0100, "Tony"

<(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

> >Could I use two separate services for outgoing and incoming calls?, the
> >reason I ask this is because currently I use 18866 to make calls from my
> >computer using Vo-IP, but I receive calls via sipgate. (I am using X-lite

at
> >present) Can this sort of thing usually be configured into any ATA?
> >

> Sorry about hijacking the thread but I have a newbie query:
>
> How does one use two lines with X-lite, and assuming I have Sipgate for

incoming
> and 18866 for outgoing, what telephone number should I/ would I use?
>
> JPG

Phil Thompson

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 02:58:34 GMT, "Marc Popek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>There is a simple automatic switching device combine-a-line that routes PSTN
>and VOIP to a single line handset, answering machine, Fax, etc. This might
>work.
>
>Marco

apart from the irritiating top posting this looks rather like
advertising to me esp as the Ebay seller is "lvmarco".

The charter for this group excludes advertising.

One wonders if a line powered device from the USA would work in the UK
phone system.

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !

Tony

"Phil Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:13:36 +0100, "Tony"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Just one more little query Phil, I assume you can setup the IP address for
>>any network? I don't use the common 192.168.0.1 etc, I use one starting
>>172.17.xx.xx

> most ATA's take the IP by DHCP so I would say yes. I use 10.x
> addresses.
>
> Some use IVR from the phone handset to put in the IP. Wouldn't expect
> it to be an issue.
>
> Phil
> --
> spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
> Come on down !

Well Phil, I ordered at 15:55 yesterday afternoon and the unit arrived this
morning at 07:55... Pretty good speedy delivery that was!

I've not got round to installing it yet, but do you know which of the
firmware upgrades on their site supports the 2 service option?

Im about to start installing it.....

Tony

Tony

"gumusluk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> If you buy the 1001 and update the software you can use two different
> providers. I have voipbuster and Sipgate on mine and both are OK.

Can you direct me to the required firmware that you are using? I have now
purchased a 1001 and I'm about to install it on the network.

Thanks

Tony

Phil Thompson

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 09:26:55 +0100, "Tony"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I've not got round to installing it yet, but do you know which of the
>firmware upgrades on their site supports the 2 service option?

http://www.myphonecall.co.uk/support...e/default.aspx

the one with SE after its name ?

Phil

ATA recommendations please jkn UK VOIP 5 06-29-2007 09:51 AM
Comunications ATA 186 to ATA 186 (without any gatekeeper or CallManager) SoGo VOIP 1 03-12-2005 07:39 AM
Serial ATA HD And Ultra/ATA HD's In Same PC: O.K. ? Robert11 Computer Support 1 10-28-2004 10:14 PM
Ultra ATA/100 HDD on a Ultra ATA/33 motherboard Prinxce of Darkxness Computer Support 3 01-06-2004 05:36 PM
ATA 133 HD on a ATA 100 Board buffy Computer Support 2 12-23-2003 03:39 PM

Advertisments