Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > DECT phone recommendation

DECT phone recommendation

NewsAcc

It looks like I will be getting a Logitech ATA to use with Sipgate and am
looking for a single or twin pack DECT phone setup to use with it. I need :

1. Missed call management (including date/time someone called)
2. Phonebook management (so I can enter names/numbers)
3. Answerphone support
4. and most important, good quality !

The usual blurb on websites dont tell you how good some of the above is.
Anyone recommend one (or two !).

Thanks in advance.

Tim Morley

"NewsAcc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:WIrve.44296$(E-Mail Removed)...
> It looks like I will be getting a Logitech ATA to use with Sipgate and am
> looking for a single or twin pack DECT phone setup to use with it. I need
> :
>
> 1. Missed call management (including date/time someone called)
> 2. Phonebook management (so I can enter names/numbers)
> 3. Answerphone support
> 4. and most important, good quality !
>
> The usual blurb on websites dont tell you how good some of the above is.
> Anyone recommend one (or two !).
>
> Thanks in advance.

Siemens C150 ??

The Evans Family

After much purchasing and taking back of DECT phones I have settled with
Panasonic.

Presently I use the Panasonic KX-TCD515E that has all of the features you
want and I am _very_ happy with the units.

Hope that helps.

"NewsAcc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:WIrve.44296$(E-Mail Removed)...
> It looks like I will be getting a Logitech ATA to use with Sipgate and am
> looking for a single or twin pack DECT phone setup to use with it. I need
> :
>
> 1. Missed call management (including date/time someone called)
> 2. Phonebook management (so I can enter names/numbers)
> 3. Answerphone support
> 4. and most important, good quality !
>
> The usual blurb on websites dont tell you how good some of the above is.
> Anyone recommend one (or two !).
>
> Thanks in advance.

Philip

"The Evans Family" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:XzDve.5338$(E-Mail Removed)...
> After much purchasing and taking back of DECT phones I have settled with
> Panasonic.
>
> Presently I use the Panasonic KX-TCD515E that has all of the features you
> want and I am _very_ happy with the units.
>
> Hope that helps.

Hi

Or go for a Panasonic 580, these have a separate charger for the handset so
you can site it anywhere.

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/dect-tam/...0esc/index.htm

Regards

Phil

NewsAcc

> Or go for a Panasonic 580, these have a separate charger for the handset
> so
> you can site it anywhere.

I think by the time you start looking at the price of these and then an ATA
on top, they may start to be about the same price as a S/H Wifi IP Phone
(although range wont be as good). I was kind of hoping to pay about 40 !

Philip

"NewsAcc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:w0Xve.243748$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> > Or go for a Panasonic 580, these have a separate charger for the handset
> > so
> > you can site it anywhere.

> I think by the time you start looking at the price of these and then an

ATA
> on top, they may start to be about the same price as a S/H Wifi IP Phone
> (although range wont be as good). I was kind of hoping to pay about 40 !

Hi

Try http://www.home-phones.co.uk for DECT phones, they have a whole range to
choose from. You did ask for a range of features but didn't give your
budget in your original post and stated "and most important, good quality",
that reflects the recommendations you got.

Regards

Phil

Philip

"NewsAcc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:w0Xve.243748$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> > Or go for a Panasonic 580, these have a separate charger for the handset
> > so
> > you can site it anywhere.

> I think by the time you start looking at the price of these and then an

ATA
> on top, they may start to be about the same price as a S/H Wifi IP Phone
> (although range wont be as good). I was kind of hoping to pay about 40 !

Hi

Try http://www.home-phones.co.uk for DECT phones, they have a whole range to
choose from. You did ask for a range of features but didn't give your
budget in your original post and stated "and most important, good quality",
that reflects the recommendations you got.

Regards

Phil

Tim Morley

"Philip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42c05cb5$0$30824$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "NewsAcc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:w0Xve.243748$(E-Mail Removed) m...
>> > Or go for a Panasonic 580, these have a separate charger for the
>> > handset
>> > so
>> > you can site it anywhere.

>> I think by the time you start looking at the price of these and then an

> ATA
>> on top, they may start to be about the same price as a S/H Wifi IP Phone
>> (although range wont be as good). I was kind of hoping to pay about 40
>> !
>>

> Hi
>
> Try http://www.home-phones.co.uk for DECT phones, they have a whole range
> choose from. You did ask for a range of features but didn't give your
> budget in your original post and stated "and most important, good
> quality",
> that reflects the recommendations you got.
>
> Regards
>
> Phil

I have used these, no problems with them

Paul Westwell

"NewsAcc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:WIrve.44296$(E-Mail Removed)...
> It looks like I will be getting a Logitech ATA to use with Sipgate and am
> looking for a single or twin pack DECT phone setup to use with it. I need
> :

What is the Logitech ATA? I assume a telephone adaptor but I cannot find it
on their website?