Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > VoIPBuster and SPA3000

VoIPBuster and SPA3000

David Floyd

Anyone got the Sipura SPA-3000 working with VB and willing to share
settings with me.

I can register, and initiate a call. I hear 'ZERO pence per minute' and
the ringing tone. As soon as the other party picks up I can't hear
anything, the call is not disconnected as the other end can hear me.

I've got Grandstream ATA-486 working OK with VB and I thought I'd used
the same settings, but obviously there's something wrong somewhere.

Any ideas any-one,

Thanks,
David

George

"David Floyd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Anyone got the Sipura SPA-3000 working with VB and willing to share
> settings with me.
>
> I can register, and initiate a call. I hear 'ZERO pence per minute'
> and the ringing tone. As soon as the other party picks up I can't
> hear anything, the call is not disconnected as the other end can hear
> me.
>
> I've got Grandstream ATA-486 working OK with VB and I thought I'd used
> the same settings, but obviously there's something wrong somewhere.
>
> Any ideas any-one,
>
> Thanks,
> David

I'm not familiar with ATAs yet, I've only used soft-phones. I had a
problem with incoming audio, and it was my routers NAT that wasn't set
up properly. There is also a setting in X-lite - 'Send IP address -
Never' (or similar) that ofter resolves that issue. Does your ATA
perhaps have a similar setting? Hope this helps....(it probably won't!)

George

David Floyd

In message of Thu, 23 Jun 2005, George writes

>"David Floyd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> Anyone got the Sipura SPA-3000 working with VB and willing to share
>> settings with me.
>>
>> I can register, and initiate a call. I hear 'ZERO pence per minute'
>> and the ringing tone. As soon as the other party picks up I can't
>> hear anything, the call is not disconnected as the other end can hear
>> me.
>>
>> I've got Grandstream ATA-486 working OK with VB and I thought I'd used
>> the same settings, but obviously there's something wrong somewhere.
>>
>> Any ideas any-one,
>>
>> Thanks,
>> David
>>

>I'm not familiar with ATAs yet, I've only used soft-phones. I had a
>problem with incoming audio, and it was my routers NAT that wasn't set
>up properly. There is also a setting in X-lite - 'Send IP address -
>Never' (or similar) that ofter resolves that issue. Does your ATA
>perhaps have a similar setting? Hope this helps....(it probably won't!)

Using a STUN setting should overcome this. But I've never had a problem
with NAT either with GrSt ATA486 nor softphones before that.

David

Martin²

Make sure ports 16348 to 32768 are redirected to the ATA IP.
Regards,
Martin

dcuk

David Floyd wrote:
> In message of Thu, 23 Jun 2005, George writes
>> I'm not familiar with ATAs yet, I've only used soft-phones. I had a
>> problem with incoming audio, and it was my routers NAT that wasn't set
>> up properly. There is also a setting in X-lite - 'Send IP address -
>> Never' (or similar) that ofter resolves that issue. Does your ATA
>> perhaps have a similar setting? Hope this helps....(it probably won't!)
>>

> Using a STUN setting should overcome this. But I've never had a problem
> with NAT either with GrSt ATA486 nor softphones before that.
>
> David

I have a SPA1001, not sure if the menu option are the same, but I had to
enable some settings in the SIP tab under the heading "NAT Support
Parameters" before it would work properly.

Andrew Gabriel

In article <42bb58c0$0$2045$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Martin²" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>Make sure ports 16348 to 32768 are redirected to the ATA IP.

That seems like a ridiculously large number of ports.
Is that for real?

--
Andrew Gabriel

Martin²

"Martin²" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>Make sure ports 16348 to 32768 are redirected to the ATA IP.

Andrew Gabriel:
>That seems like a ridiculously large number of ports.
>Is that for real?

Well yes, apparently they use random port(s) in that range, or so someone
wrote here or another newsgroup.
Regards,
Martin

David Floyd

In message of Fri, 24 Jun 2005, dcuk writes
>David Floyd wrote:
>> In message of Thu, 23 Jun 2005, George writes
>>> I'm not familiar with ATAs yet, I've only used soft-phones. I had a
>>> problem with incoming audio, and it was my routers NAT that wasn't set
>>> up properly. There is also a setting in X-lite - 'Send IP address -
>>> Never' (or similar) that ofter resolves that issue. Does your ATA
>>> perhaps have a similar setting? Hope this helps....(it probably won't!)
>>>

>> Using a STUN setting should overcome this. But I've never had a
>>problem with NAT either with GrSt ATA486 nor softphones before that.
>> David

>I have a SPA1001, not sure if the menu option are the same, but I had
>to enable some settings in the SIP tab under the heading "NAT Support
>Parameters" before it would work properly.

Under the SIP tab I have:

Handle VIA rec'd: Y
Handle VIA reprt: Y
Insert VIA rec'd: Y
Insert VIA reprt: Y
Sub VIA Addr: N
Send Respost SRC Port: N
STUN Enable: Y
STUN Test Enable test: N
STUN Server: stun.sipgate.net:10000
NAT Keep alive int: 15

Under Line 1 tab I have (amongst other defaults):
SIP Proxy-Require: (blank)
Proxy: sip.voipbuster.com
Use Outbound Proxy: Y
Outbound Proxy: sip.voipbuster.com
Use Outbound Proxy: N
Register: Y
Use DNS SRV: N
User ID and Password (as supplied for account)
Use Auth ID: N
Preferred Codec: G711u
Use Pref Codec Only: Y
(Have tried No and combination of other Codecs)

I get registered and I can make call. Strange that I can hear VB
announcement 'Zero cent per minute' but when other party picks up they
hear me but I cannot hear them.

I also thought that by using STUN there shouldn't be a NAT problem. A
voice problem I thought was something to do with which Codec using.

But I am a novice and would like some help please.

Thanks,
David

Andrew Gabriel

In article <42bcb652$0$2392$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Martin²" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> "Martin²" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>>Make sure ports 16348 to 32768 are redirected to the ATA IP.

> Andrew Gabriel:
>>That seems like a ridiculously large number of ports.
>>Is that for real?

> Well yes, apparently they use random port(s) in that range, or so someone
> wrote here or another newsgroup.

I've been playing with an spa-3000 for a few days now.
In the SIP configuration page, it defaults to
RTP Port Min: 16384
RTP Port Max: 16482
So I let 5060 and 16384-16482 through my firewall.
Would also need 5061 if you wanted to receive VoIP
into VoIP2 and send them out over the PSTN (FXO) port.

--
Andrew Gabriel