Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Windows Servers 2000 to Windows Server 2003 upgrade

Windows Servers 2000 to Windows Server 2003 upgrade

Christopher C. Welber

Hi GUys,

I have a client who I am going to do a server upgrade from one box which has
Windows 2000 - no exchange just file/print services at the moment to a
seperate Windows 2003 server box which will initiallly furfill the same role
and then might become an exchange server.

Do you guys have any tips and recommended migration tools. The data I will
copy manually, the priners I will probably setup again manually, it's the
accounts and security settings which would be nice to be able to zap over to
the new box.

Any wisdom appreciated.

Chris

Malke

Christopher C. Welber wrote:

> Hi GUys,
>
> I have a client who I am going to do a server upgrade from one box
> which has Windows 2000 - no exchange just file/print services at the
> moment to a seperate Windows 2003 server box which will initiallly
> furfill the same role and then might become an exchange server.
>
> Do you guys have any tips and recommended migration tools. The data I
> will copy manually, the priners I will probably setup again manually,
> it's the accounts and security settings which would be nice to be able
> to zap over to the new box.
>
> Any wisdom appreciated.
>
> Chris

I'm not sure why you posted this in the wireless networking group, but
the best place to start your research is on Microsoft's server website.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...y/default.mspx

The above site has a link to migration information as well as a ton of
other necessary details.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell