Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Sipura SPA-2000 firmware upgrade..?

Sipura SPA-2000 firmware upgrade..?

Ivor Jones

I just downloaded the latest firmware (v3.1.3) from the Sipura website but
on entering the IP address of my SPA2000 it fails with the message "No
response from SPA" indicating it can't find it. However it is switched on,
running and working, and yes I have entered the IP address correctly.

Anyone else tried this and succeeded or got the same result..?

Ivor

The Cable Guy

Ivor Jones wrote:
|| I just downloaded the latest firmware (v3.1.3) from the Sipura
|| website but on entering the IP address of my SPA2000 it fails with
|| the message "No response from SPA" indicating it can't find it.
|| However it is switched on, running and working, and yes I have
|| entered the IP address correctly.
|| Anyone else tried this and succeeded or got the same result..?
|| Ivor

I had a very similar problem with my 2100.

I found it would work /only/ when the SPA had rebooted (as in immediately
after it's turned on)

Also, I wouldn't try it without connecting the SPA directly to the PC (no
router)

Are you expecting some enhancements?

Ivor Jones

The Cable Guy wrote:
> Ivor Jones wrote:
>>> I just downloaded the latest firmware (v3.1.3) from the Sipura
>>> website but on entering the IP address of my SPA2000 it fails with
>>> the message "No response from SPA" indicating it can't find it.
>>> However it is switched on, running and working, and yes I have
>>> entered the IP address correctly.
>>>
>>> Anyone else tried this and succeeded or got the same result..?
>>>
>>> Ivor

> I had a very similar problem with my 2100.
>
> I found it would work /only/ when the SPA had rebooted (as in
> immediately after it's turned on)
>
> Also, I wouldn't try it without connecting the SPA directly to the
> PC (no router)
>
> Are you expecting some enhancements?

I don't know, are there any..?! I tried what you suggested but still no
luck, maybe I have a duff download, I'll try it again. I've upgraded it
before with no problems, so strange this one isn't working.

Ivor

The Cable Guy

Ivor Jones wrote:
|| The Cable Guy wrote:
||| I had a very similar problem with my 2100.
||| I found it would work /only/ when the SPA had rebooted (as in
||| immediately after it's turned on)
||| Also, I wouldn't try it without connecting the SPA directly to the
||| PC (no router)
||| Are you expecting some enhancements?
|| I don't know, are there any..?! I tried what you suggested but still
|| no luck, maybe I have a duff download, I'll try it again. I've
|| upgraded it before with no problems, so strange this one isn't
|| working.
|| Ivor

Good question. If it ain't broke, don't fix it is a hard lesson!

Philippe Deleye

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I just downloaded the latest firmware (v3.1.3) from the Sipura website but
> on entering the IP address of my SPA2000 it fails with the message "No
> response from SPA" indicating it can't find it. However it is switched on,
> running and working, and yes I have entered the IP address correctly.

Is your Sipura doing all what you need ? Or do you need any added features
of the new firmware ?
If not - suggest to continu using the old firmware