Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > 1899 not taking new sign-ups

1899 not taking new sign-ups

Pete

Hi again VoIPers - I appreciate that this is not a VoIP question but as
some of you are certainly using 1899, could you plese tell me how long it
is since they stopped accepting new sign-ups?

I tried to join today and got an email back from them saying the lists are
closed and to wait at least six weeks before re-applying.

Not good enough, I want to use their service NOW!!! ))

Well they are cheaper for calls to the US than 18866 (my main service
provider) and I am not aware of anyone else providing 0.5p pricing.

Any thoughts or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks again folk.

Pete.

sandman112

"Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Hi again VoIPers - I appreciate that this is not a VoIP question but as
> some of you are certainly using 1899, could you plese tell me how long it
> is since they stopped accepting new sign-ups?
>
> I tried to join today and got an email back from them saying the lists are
> closed and to wait at least six weeks before re-applying.
>
> Not good enough, I want to use their service NOW!!! ))
>
> Well they are cheaper for calls to the US than 18866 (my main service
> provider) and I am not aware of anyone else providing 0.5p pricing.
>
> Any thoughts or suggestions will be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks again folk.
>
> Pete.

dont know if this still works, it used to,

you could use your 18866 username and password with the settings (servers
and stuff) for 1899
it used to work a couple of months ago, worth a try

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Pete:
> Hi again VoIPers - I appreciate that this is not a VoIP question but
> as some of you are certainly using 1899, could you plese tell me how
> long it is since they stopped accepting new sign-ups?
>
> I tried to join today and got an email back from them saying the
> lists are closed and to wait at least six weeks before re-applying.
>
> Not good enough, I want to use their service NOW!!! ))
>
> Well they are cheaper for calls to the US than 18866 (my main service
> provider) and I am not aware of anyone else providing 0.5p pricing.
>
> Any thoughts or suggestions will be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks again folk.
>
> Pete.

If you are happy to use VoIP, you could try www.voipbuster.com which offer
free calls to the USA.

Wonder if 1899 they have completely disabled sign-ups, or you can use the old
trick of signing up using your mobile, and then once you have your customer
number, log back in and add your landline.

Pete

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Wonder if 1899 they have completely disabled sign-ups, or you can use
> the old trick of signing up using your mobile, and then once you have
> your customer number, log back in and add your landline.

An excellent suggestion and it worked instantly - THANK YOU for that.

Pete

Graham

"Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Hi again VoIPers - I appreciate that this is not a VoIP question but as
> some of you are certainly using 1899, could you plese tell me how long it
> is since they stopped accepting new sign-ups?
>
> I tried to join today and got an email back from them saying the lists are
> closed and to wait at least six weeks before re-applying.
>
> Not good enough, I want to use their service NOW!!! ))
>
> Well they are cheaper for calls to the US than 18866 (my main service
> provider) and I am not aware of anyone else providing 0.5p pricing.
>
> Any thoughts or suggestions will be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks again folk.
>
> Pete.

When I tried to register in May I got the-

"Due to lack of capacity it is currently not possible to register. Please
wait at least 6 weeks before attempting to register again"
message.

I tried with my Daughters number and it was successful.

I developed the 'theory' that the registration failed because the line was
already signed up to 18866, but I wasn't able to prove this conclusively

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Graham:
> "Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> Hi again VoIPers - I appreciate that this is not a VoIP question but
>> as some of you are certainly using 1899, could you plese tell me how
>> long it is since they stopped accepting new sign-ups?
>>
>> I tried to join today and got an email back from them saying the
>> lists are closed and to wait at least six weeks before re-applying.
>>
>> Not good enough, I want to use their service NOW!!! ))
>>
>> Well they are cheaper for calls to the US than 18866 (my main service
>> provider) and I am not aware of anyone else providing 0.5p pricing.
>>
>> Any thoughts or suggestions will be much appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks again folk.
>>
>> Pete.

> When I tried to register in May I got the-
>
> "Due to lack of capacity it is currently not possible to register.
> Please wait at least 6 weeks before attempting to register again"
> message.
>
> I tried with my Daughters number and it was successful.
>
> I developed the 'theory' that the registration failed because the
> line was already signed up to 18866, but I wasn't able to prove this
> conclusively

Register with a mobile and it will work.

My sister never had 18866 or 1899 when she tried to sign up, and 18866 gave
the capacity problem, so wouldn't be due to having another of their services,
think it's due to ensuring they don't have too many people making calls at the
same time from the same area (capacity). Got my sister to register with her
mobile instead first, and was able to sign up to both,

1899 not working at all for me now PeterW UK VOIP 2 05-24-2005 03:05 PM
1899 problem, not heard at remote end Derrick Fawsitt VOIP 0 04-26-2005 10:58 AM
VoIP " 1899. com " HL VOIP 16 04-18-2005 07:55 AM
VOIP K Phone and configuration for 1899 calls Derrick Fawsitt VOIP 5 04-18-2005 07:24 AM
Difference in module_eval taking block vs. taking string (1.8 bug?) Jim Cain Ruby 1 07-18-2003 02:01 AM

Advertisments