Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > 18866 voip

18866 voip

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh David Floyd:
> In message of Tue, 14 Jun 2005, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} writes
>> Thus spaketh David Floyd:
>>> In message of Mon, 13 Jun 2005, {{{{Welcome}}}} writes

>>> You can't do that any more
>>>
>>> David

>> If you mean you can't add a sipgate number to 18866 and then use:
>>
>> Server: iax.call18866.co.uk
>> Username: 18866[+full sipgate number]
>> Password: 18866 account number
>>
>> Then I have just added another sipgate number to 18866 and am able
>> to call from 18866 with the sipgate number displayed.
>>

> I don't think you can do that using SIP with an ATA.
>
> DF

http://www.18866.com/voip.php

User Name: 18866 + your phone number (i.e. 188660201234567

Password: your 18866 customer number

SIP Proxy/registrar: sip.call18866.co.uk

Domain/Realm (optional): call18866.co.uk

SIP Outbound Proxy (optional):sip.call18866.co.uk

STUN server (optional):stun.call18866.co.uk

For Free 10 credit when you get referred to TalkTalk or 5 when referred to
easyMobile contact me via above site.

David Floyd

In message of Tue, 14 Jun 2005, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} writes
>Thus spaketh David Floyd:
>> In message of Tue, 14 Jun 2005, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} writes
>>> Thus spaketh David Floyd:

>>> If you mean you can't add a sipgate number to 18866 and then use:
>>>
>>> Server: iax.call18866.co.uk
>>> Username: 18866[+full sipgate number]
>>> Password: 18866 account number
>>>
>>> Then I have just added another sipgate number to 18866 and am able
>>> to call from 18866 with the sipgate number displayed.
>>>

>> I don't think you can do that using SIP with an ATA.
>>
>> DF

>http://www.18866.com/voip.php
>
>User Name: 18866 + your phone number (i.e. 188660201234567
>
>Password: your 18866 customer number
>
>SIP Proxy/registrar: sip.call18866.co.uk
>
>Domain/Realm (optional): call18866.co.uk
>
>SIP Outbound Proxy (optional):sip.call18866.co.uk
>
>STUN server (optional):stun.call18866.co.uk

As I said, you can't do that by using numbers other than the original
registered number.

And, as I said before, because it stopped working with additional
numbers I registered a new account with 18866 using my sipgate number as
the registered number - I cannot connect my ATA to this account, but I
can still connect my original account to my ATA with my original
registered BT number (but not other numbers on that account)

David

Joseph M

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thus spaketh David Floyd:
>> In message of Tue, 14 Jun 2005, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} writes
>>> Thus spaketh David Floyd:

>>> If you mean you can't add a sipgate number to 18866 and then use:
>>>
>>> Server: iax.call18866.co.uk
>>> Username: 18866[+full sipgate number]
>>> Password: 18866 account number
>>>
>>> Then I have just added another sipgate number to 18866 and am able
>>> to call from 18866 with the sipgate number displayed.
>>>

>> I don't think you can do that using SIP with an ATA.
>>
>> DF

> http://www.18866.com/voip.php
>
> User Name: 18866 + your phone number (i.e. 188660201234567
>
> Password: your 18866 customer number
>
> SIP Proxy/registrar: sip.call18866.co.uk
>
> Domain/Realm (optional): call18866.co.uk
>
> SIP Outbound Proxy (optional):sip.call18866.co.uk
>
> STUN server (optional):stun.call18866.co.uk
>

> --
> For South East Brum: http://www.south-east-birmingham.tk
> For Free 10 credit when you get referred to TalkTalk or 5 when referred
> to easyMobile contact me via above site.

Any chance you could outline how to set up X-Lite with both 18866(outgoing
calls) and Sipgate(incoming calls)? This is how I would like to use X-Lite,
but thus far I have not managed to se it up. As for the issue above about
outgoing caller id, is it best to just create a new account with 18866 using
the sipgate number, that way it should all work, including the correct
sipgate caller ID being displayed when calling out using 18866..

Thanks Joe

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Joseph M:

> Any chance you could outline how to set up X-Lite with both
> 18866(outgoing calls) and Sipgate(incoming calls)? This is how I
> would like to use X-Lite, but thus far I have not managed to se it
> up. As for the issue above about outgoing caller id, is it best to
> just create a new account with 18866 using the sipgate number, that
> way it should all work, including the correct sipgate caller ID being
> displayed when calling out using 18866..
> Thanks Joe

http://www.bextech.co.uk/voip lists details on how to set up x-lite with
Sipgate and 1899, just substitute the 1899 iax set-up with 18866 iax settings
from my previous post. It does detail on setting up x-lite and firefly
together or separately.

For Free 10 credit when you get referred to TalkTalk or 5 when referred to
easyMobile contact me via above site.

Web Sniffer

> Thus spaketh Joseph M:
>
> > Any chance you could outline how to set up X-Lite with both
> > 18866(outgoing calls) and Sipgate(incoming calls)? This is how I
> > would like to use X-Lite, but thus far I have not managed to se it
> > up. As for the issue above about outgoing caller id, is it best to
> > just create a new account with 18866 using the sipgate number, that
> > way it should all work, including the correct sipgate caller ID being
> > displayed when calling out using 18866..
> > Thanks Joe

> http://www.bextech.co.uk/voip lists details on how to set up x-lite with
> Sipgate and 1899, just substitute the 1899 iax set-up with 18866 iax settings
> from my previous post. It does detail on setting up x-lite and firefly
> together or separately.

Maybe it's me, but I really can't see exactly what goes where.

I'm not sure which servers/proxies (in X-lite) to set up with your iax
settings.

Also, will it work with the default sip proxy as sipgate; and proxy 1
with the 18866 settings.

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Web Sniffer:
> says...
>> Thus spaketh Joseph M:
>>
>>> Any chance you could outline how to set up X-Lite with both
>>> 18866(outgoing calls) and Sipgate(incoming calls)? This is how I
>>> would like to use X-Lite, but thus far I have not managed to se it
>>> up. As for the issue above about outgoing caller id, is it best to
>>> just create a new account with 18866 using the sipgate number, that
>>> way it should all work, including the correct sipgate caller ID
>>> being displayed when calling out using 18866..
>>> Thanks Joe

>> http://www.bextech.co.uk/voip lists details on how to set up x-lite
>> with Sipgate and 1899, just substitute the 1899 iax set-up with
>> 18866 iax settings from my previous post. It does detail on setting
>> up x-lite and firefly together or separately.
>>

> Maybe it's me, but I really can't see exactly what goes where.
>
> I'm not sure which servers/proxies (in X-lite) to set up with your iax
> settings.
>
> Also, will it work with the default sip proxy as sipgate; and proxy 1
> with the 18866 settings.

You can put either in default proxy or proxy 1.

With default proxy that is the one used to dial out on unless you specify
otherwise, either by right clicking and selecting the dial out account or #
and the proxy number in front of the dialled number, ie #10207043nnnn.

If you want sipgate on default proxy enter:

Enter the details like in http://www.bextech.co.uk/voip/VoIP04.jpg (except you
will be entering these details in 'default proxy')

Then in proxy 1 enter the 18866 details as in
http://www.bextech.co.uk/voip/VoIP05.jpg but instead of 1899 you need 18866
details:

User name: 18866[+full sipgate number]
Password: 18866 account number
Domain/Realm: iax.call18866.co.uk
Sip Proxy: iax.call18866.co.uk
OutBound Proxy: iax.call18866.co.uk

You may need to set up the stun server for Sipgate, this you enter under
'Network': http://www.bextech.co.uk/voip/VoIP02.jpg

Oldie

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:32:46 +0100, David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

(Snipped)

>I used to use my sipgate number like that with 18866, then a few weeks
>ago it stopped working. 18866 works OK with my original number.
>
>So I registered another account with 18866 with my Sipgate number only.
>And for some unknown reason I cannot connect my ATA to the new account,
>although I can still connect to the old account.
>
>David

My 18886 account seems to have stopped completely, even with the
original number. It worked fine under SIP, but I never managed to get
it going at all with IAX. I've tried X-Lite, Firefly and the snom
softphone. I even tried modifying the 1899 softphone for the 18866
settings, but it wouldn't accept them. Has anybody got any brilliant
ideas, or some configuration settings that work for them?

Oldie

David Floyd

In message of Wed, 15 Jun 2005, Oldie writes
>On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:32:46 +0100, David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>(Snipped)
>
>>I used to use my sipgate number like that with 18866, then a few weeks
>>ago it stopped working. 18866 works OK with my original number.
>>
>>So I registered another account with 18866 with my Sipgate number only.
>>And for some unknown reason I cannot connect my ATA to the new account,
>>although I can still connect to the old account.
>>
>>David

>My 18886 account seems to have stopped completely, even with the
>original number. It worked fine under SIP, but I never managed to get
>it going at all with IAX. I've tried X-Lite, Firefly and the snom
>softphone. I even tried modifying the 1899 softphone for the 18866
>settings, but it wouldn't accept them. Has anybody got any brilliant
>ideas, or some configuration settings that work for them?

Yep. Since writing my first post above 18866 via SIP has indeed
stopped on my original number too.

I don't know about 1899 VoIP now since they now charge 1ppm whereas
18866 is 2p connection only via POTS

David

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Web Sniffer:
> I'm a complete newbie at this, so please bear with me.
>
> I have a Sipgate number with the X-lite softphone which worked fine.
>
> I thought it might be sensible to use 18866's VOIP system.
>
> But when I use the 18866 settings, I can dial out via 18866 at their
> prices but -- understandably -- the Sipgate number for people to ring
> me won't work as there is no username, password etc for it.
>
> In fact I can't see how to get any dial-to-me number working with
> 18866.
>
> Can someone help, please?

18866 VoIP no longer working for me now.