Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Foreign-based numbers

Reply
Thread Tools

Foreign-based numbers

 
 
Teranews
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-13-2005
Sipgate says briefly on its site that you don't have to live in an area
to get a VOIP number from there. But it only, as yet, offers UK numbers.

Is there any way a UK-based person can get a US number, and ideally for
free?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
The Cable Guy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-13-2005

"Teranews" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1118672732.99322f4554645010ce8a85d09186406a@t eranews...
> Sipgate says briefly on its site that you don't have to live in an area
> to get a VOIP number from there. But it only, as yet, offers UK numbers.
>
> Is there any way a UK-based person can get a US number, and ideally for
> free?
>
>


Look here - http://www.ipkall.com/

Washington number provided free of charge. You need a SIP based service
provider such as Sipgate to forward the US number to. All free.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Terranews
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-13-2005
In article <b6hre.49758$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
>
> "Teranews" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:1118672732.99322f4554645010ce8a85d09186406a@t eranews...
> > Sipgate says briefly on its site that you don't have to live in an area
> > to get a VOIP number from there. But it only, as yet, offers UK numbers.
> >
> > Is there any way a UK-based person can get a US number, and ideally for
> > free?
> >
> >

>
> Look here - http://www.ipkall.com/
>
> Washington number provided free of charge. You need a SIP based service
> provider such as Sipgate to forward the US number to. All free.
>
>
>

That's great. Thanks
 
Reply With Quote
 
Rob
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-13-2005
Terranews wrote:
> In article <b6hre.49758$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>
>>"Teranews" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:1118672732.99322f4554645010ce8a85d09186406a @teranews...
>>
>>>Sipgate says briefly on its site that you don't have to live in an area
>>>to get a VOIP number from there. But it only, as yet, offers UK numbers.
>>>
>>>Is there any way a UK-based person can get a US number, and ideally for
>>>free?
>>>
>>>

>>
>>Look here - http://www.ipkall.com/
>>

Or here - http://www.stanaphone.com

Rob
 
Reply With Quote
 
The Cable Guy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-13-2005

"Rob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42ada466$0$295$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Terranews wrote:
>> In article <b6hre.49758$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
>> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>>
>>>"Teranews" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:1118672732.99322f4554645010ce8a85d09186406 a@teranews...
>>>
>>>>Sipgate says briefly on its site that you don't have to live in an area
>>>>to get a VOIP number from there. But it only, as yet, offers UK numbers.
>>>>
>>>>Is there any way a UK-based person can get a US number, and ideally for
>>>>free?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>Look here - http://www.ipkall.com/
>>>

> Or here - http://www.stanaphone.com
>
> Rob


Indeed.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Ivor Jones
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-13-2005
Rob wrote:
> Terranews wrote:
>> In article <b6hre.49758$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
>> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>>
>>> "Teranews" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:1118672732.99322f4554645010ce8a85d09186406a@t eranews...
>>>
>>>> Sipgate says briefly on its site that you don't have to live in
>>>> an area to get a VOIP number from there. But it only, as yet,
>>>> offers UK numbers. Is there any way a UK-based person can get a US
>>>> number, and
>>>> ideally for free?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>> Look here - http://www.ipkall.com/
>>>

> Or here - http://www.stanaphone.com


That looks like you have to set up an account with them though; can you
just forward calls to the US number to your Sipgate account as you can
with ipkall..?

Ivor


 
Reply With Quote
 
David Floyd
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-13-2005
In message of Mon, 13 Jun 2005, Ivor Jones writes
>Rob wrote:
>> Terranews wrote:
>>> In article <b6hre.49758$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
>>> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>>>
>>>> "Teranews" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>> news:1118672732.99322f4554645010ce8a85d09186406a@t eranews...
>>>>
>>>>> Sipgate says briefly on its site that you don't have to live in
>>>>> an area to get a VOIP number from there. But it only, as yet,
>>>>> offers UK numbers. Is there any way a UK-based person can get a US
>>>>> number, and
>>>>> ideally for free?
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Look here - http://www.ipkall.com/
>>>>

>> Or here - http://www.stanaphone.com

>
>That looks like you have to set up an account with them though; can you
>just forward calls to the US number to your Sipgate account as you can
>with ipkall..?
>


Not in the same way, but calls can be forwarded to any phone number at
their usual rates.

David
 
Reply With Quote
 
Ivor Jones
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-13-2005
David Floyd wrote:

[snip]

>>> Or here - http://www.stanaphone.com

>>
>> That looks like you have to set up an account with them though;
>> can you just forward calls to the US number to your Sipgate
>> account as you can with ipkall..?
>>

>
> Not in the same way, but calls can be forwarded to any phone
> number at their usual rates.
>
> David


I'll stick with ipkall then

Ivor


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
win32com ppt embedded object numbers reverting back to original numbers Lance Hoffmeyer Python 2 07-26-2007 01:45 AM
Fibonacci Numbers and Lucas Numbers Andrew Tatum C++ 6 05-27-2007 12:47 AM
Finding 1000 largest numbers from a file having some billion numbers Subra C Programming 25 03-08-2007 01:31 AM
Re: Numbers and more numbers... Breedo A+ Certification 0 12-02-2005 12:45 AM
Frame Numbers vs. JPEG Numbers With CF Cards mort Digital Photography 3 02-16-2005 01:43 AM



Advertisments