Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Sipgate Down

Sipgate Down

Peter Corlett

Ivor Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
[...]
> *Please* put a space in here dex it makes life so much easier <g>

I just put a space in my killfile for him until such time as he learns
English. I had assumed he was about 11, but he revealed that he was
somewhat older. It seems that education standards weren't very good in
the 50s either

[...]
> Unused numbers can be returned to the pool if unused for a period of
> time, there isn't currently a fixed ceiling on this but I wouldn't
> expect to keep a number that you haven't used for 6 months or so. If
> you know you won't need an account/number any more tell Sipgate and
> the number can be returned to the pool straight away.

The wholesale cost to Sipgate for a number is surprisingly high. They
seem to be giving the numbers away and hiking the call prices to cover
the cost. This doesn't look to be good business sense given that one
can easily avoid Sipgate's call prices by using 1899 instead.

--
PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) for full key

Please contribute to the beer fund and a tidier house:
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1...Z25QQsassZpndc

▀°dincÁs

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 01:01:54 +0100, (E-Mail Removed) said...
|On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 00:16:07 +0100, {{{{{Welcome}}}}}
|<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
|
|>The Cable Guy wrote:
|>> ||

|>> I can ring out OK.
|>>
|>> I daren't check incoming as I'll wake the wife & kids.
|>>

|>Some are working (0151, 0131, 029, 02 other aren't (0121, 020, 01675)
|Ok or was up here in the north of the country at 00.15

01738 down, at the mo'... Just jotted down a message for them - a
little bit harsh - let me see if it gets a reply...
If this happens another single time, I'm goin' away from SipGate, I
can't afford to have an unreliable phone number.
--
▀odincus Ě The Y2K Druid
I'm watching you....

John

Also down here again!! 01584 number,
Not the most reliable service.
John

bacillus cereus

> 01738 down, at the mo'... Just jotted down a message for them - a
> little bit harsh - let me see if it gets a reply...
> If this happens another single time, I'm goin' away from SipGate, I
> can't afford to have an unreliable phone number.

My Grandstream 486 can't log onto the server at the moment, tried
rebooting, red light flashing continuously.

Dave Gill

John <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Also down here again!! 01584 number,
> Not the most reliable service.

Dead here too (01743 number).

dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On 11 Jun 2005 09:04:57 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Peter
Corlett) wrote:
>I just put a space in my killfile for him until such time as he learns
>English. I had assumed he was about 11, but he revealed that he was
>somewhat older. It seems that education standards weren't very good in
>the 50s either

Only for the very few with money in those days Peter the rest of us
had to leave school at the first opportunity and start contributing to
the family budget instead of lounging around doing nothing until
reaching the early twenties has most do today .

>The wholesale cost to Sipgate for a number is surprisingly high. They
>seem to be giving the numbers away and hiking the call prices to cover
>the cost. This doesn't look to be good business sense given that one
>can easily avoid Sipgate's call prices by using 1899 instead.

Or 18866 .

John

Its Just come up 01584 number
John

Chris Blunt

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 10:46:22 GMT, bacillus cereus
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> 01738 down, at the mo'... Just jotted down a message for them - a
>> little bit harsh - let me see if it gets a reply...
>> If this happens another single time, I'm goin' away from SipGate, I
>> can't afford to have an unreliable phone number.

>My Grandstream 486 can't log onto the server at the moment, tried
>rebooting, red light flashing continuously.

My 01372 number came back up about 30 minutes ago after being down for
a few hours.

Chris

▀°dincÁs

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 10:21:09 GMT, ▀°dincÁs said...
|On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 01:01:54 +0100, (E-Mail Removed) said...
||On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 00:16:07 +0100, {{{{{Welcome}}}}}
||<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
||>> ||

||>Some are working (0151, 0131, 029, 02 other aren't (0121, 020, 01675)
||Ok or was up here in the north of the country at 00.15
|01738 down, at the mo'... Just jotted down a message for them - a
|little bit harsh - let me see if it gets a reply...
|If this happens another single time, I'm goin' away from SipGate, I
|can't afford to have an unreliable phone number.

01738 come up again, see how much it last...
--
▀odincus Ě The Y2K Druid
I'm watching you....

Phil Thompson

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 11:50:28 +0100,
(E-Mail Removed) (Dave Gill) wrote:

>Dead here too (01743 number).

is "Sipgate Down" the name of the service

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !

Sipgate down? 06/06/05 JGN UK VOIP 5 06-06-2005 07:45 PM
sipgate down yet again Roger UK VOIP 5 05-27-2005 06:36 PM
Sipgate external gateway down - again Thomas Sandford UK VOIP 1 05-13-2005 09:21 PM
Sipgate down..? Ivor Jones VOIP 0 01-30-2005 11:48 PM

Advertisments