Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > VoIPBuster and double DTMF tones

VoIPBuster and double DTMF tones

Sparks

anyone else havig this problem?
If i call my land line with VoIPBuster (From my Sip phone, via my asterisk
box!) when I press a number on the SIP phone, the DTMF tone is played twice
to the land line?

It only happens with VoIPBuster (Just tried it with VoIPTalk, Sipgate and
VoIPUser), (It wasn't doing it yesterday, and I haven't changed anything
(honest!))

Sparks...

Paul D.Smith

Umm. There are at least 3 methods used for sending DTMF tones using SIP.
My guess is that your system is simultaneously using two and VoIPBuster is
incorrectly presenting both to the PSTN (land line).

I would check to see if your phone and/or asterisk is configured for one or
more of

- INFO method (might mention "application/dtmf-relay")
- in media (has many names!)
- RFC2833

If there are multiples, select RFC2833 and try. You may need to select an
alternate if this doesn't work. RFC2833 is the preferred system but older
software may not support it.

Paul DS.

"Sparks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42a8a45a$0$38039$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> anyone else havig this problem?
> If i call my land line with VoIPBuster (From my Sip phone, via my asterisk
> box!) when I press a number on the SIP phone, the DTMF tone is played

twice
> to the land line?
>
> It only happens with VoIPBuster (Just tried it with VoIPTalk, Sipgate and
> VoIPUser), (It wasn't doing it yesterday, and I haven't changed anything
> (honest!))
>
> Sparks...

Sparks

Paul D.Smith wrote:
> Umm. There are at least 3 methods used for sending DTMF tones using
> SIP. My guess is that your system is simultaneously using two and
> VoIPBuster is incorrectly presenting both to the PSTN (land line).
>
> I would check to see if your phone and/or asterisk is configured for
> one or more of
>
> - INFO method (might mention "application/dtmf-relay")
> - in media (has many names!)
> - RFC2833
>
> If there are multiples, select RFC2833 and try. You may need to
> select an alternate if this doesn't work. RFC2833 is the preferred
> system but older software may not support it.
>
> Paul DS.

I checked my config on the SIP phone (BudgeTone) and it is set to SIP-Info

Do you know where I need to check in Asterisk!?

Sparks...

Paul D.Smith

> I checked my config on the SIP phone (BudgeTone) and it is set to SIP-Info
>
> Do you know where I need to check in Asterisk!?
>
> Sparks...

Sorry. I know the SIP standards but not much about the various software
that is out there. There seem to be a lot of asterisk users though so it
shouldn't be too hard to find.

Good luck,
Paul DS

Paul D.Smith

Sparks,

Did you manage to solve this? If so, how?

Cheers,
Paul DS

Sparks

Paul D.Smith wrote:
> Sparks,
>
> Did you manage to solve this? If so, how?

Yes,

I opened another account, this one was fine!
(Switching back to the old one gave me the double tones again, so it was
their end!)

Sparks...