Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > VoIPBuster and softphone "Call failed: 486 busy here"

VoIPBuster and softphone "Call failed: 486 busy here"

Al

I had VoIPBuster working fine using my X-Lite softphone until about 10
days ago. Since then I repeatedly get "Call failed: 486 busy here"
when I try to make an outgoing call. I have read various threads
around here (and checked their website) giving conflicting VoIPBuster
information. In some places I read that they don't now support ANY sip
phones or softphones other than their own product. Then I read
elsewhere that you have to pay 1 into you account first. Whatever I
read seems to keep on changing daily.

Can someone confirm whether VoIPBuster still works with 3rd part
softphones and whether I have or have not got to pay 1 before it will
start to work. Or is my "Call failed: 486 busy here" indicative of
some other problem?

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Al:
> I had VoIPBuster working fine using my X-Lite softphone until about 10
> days ago. Since then I repeatedly get "Call failed: 486 busy here"
> when I try to make an outgoing call. I have read various threads
> around here (and checked their website) giving conflicting VoIPBuster
> information. In some places I read that they don't now support ANY sip
> phones or softphones other than their own product. Then I read
> elsewhere that you have to pay ?1 into you account first. Whatever I
> read seems to keep on changing daily.
>
> Can someone confirm whether VoIPBuster still works with 3rd part
> softphones and whether I have or have not got to pay ?1 before it will
> start to work. Or is my "Call failed: 486 busy here" indicative of
> some other problem?

Only working here with their software.

For Free 10 credit when you get referred to TalkTalk or 5 when referred to
easyMobile contact me via above site.

Al

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 00:06:51 +0100, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

>Only working here with their software.

Do you have a limit of 1 minute on phonecalls or did you have to pay
any into your account first?

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Al:
> On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 00:06:51 +0100, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
>
>> Only working here with their software.

> Do you have a limit of 1 minute on phonecalls or did you have to pay
> any ? into your account first?

I never got cut off even without credit, but I decided in the end to pay 1
Euro, just in case I did get cut off during an important call.