Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > JustDialVoIP and CLI

JustDialVoIP and CLI

David Floyd

It seems as though JDVoIP do not now send CLI. I don't know how long
this has been - only noticed this morning that it's showing UNAVAILABLE

David

Dave Gill

David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> It seems as though JDVoIP do not now send CLI. I don't know how long
> this has been - only noticed this morning that it's showing UNAVAILABLE

JDV is still sending CLI for my number, so it's either a local problem,
or a short-term problem.

David Floyd

In message of Sat, 4 Jun 2005, Dave Gill writes
>David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> It seems as though JDVoIP do not now send CLI. I don't know how long
>> this has been - only noticed this morning that it's showing UNAVAILABLE

>JDV is still sending CLI for my number, so it's either a local problem,
>or a short-term problem.

I don't understand that. Surely all calls to the PSTN leave JustDial at
the same location, so I can't understand why some should carry CLI and
some not.

David

Dave Gill

David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I don't understand that. Surely all calls to the PSTN leave JustDial at
> the same location, so I can't understand why some should carry CLI and
> some not.

Could it be a problem with the receiving network? I tried my number to
a mobile; I don't have a BT line so I couldn't try that.

David Floyd

In message of Sat, 4 Jun 2005, Dave Gill writes
>David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I don't understand that. Surely all calls to the PSTN leave JustDial at
>> the same location, so I can't understand why some should carry CLI and
>> some not.

>Could it be a problem with the receiving network? I tried my number to
>a mobile; I don't have a BT line so I couldn't try that.

Odd! I've tried it to my mobile and to my BT line; mobile says No
Number and BT says Unavailable.

I've sent JDV an email to support. We'll see if I get a reply.

DF

Sean

David Floyd wrote:
> In message of Sat, 4 Jun 2005, Dave Gill writes
>
>> David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> I don't understand that. Surely all calls to the PSTN leave JustDial at
>>> the same location, so I can't understand why some should carry CLI and
>>> some not.

>> Could it be a problem with the receiving network? I tried my number to
>> a mobile; I don't have a BT line so I couldn't try that.
>>

> Odd! I've tried it to my mobile and to my BT line; mobile says No
> Number and BT says Unavailable.
>
> I've sent JDV an email to support. We'll see if I get a reply.
>
> DF

I know this is two months old..... But did you get a response?

David Floyd

In message of Mon, 22 Aug 2005, Sean writes
>David Floyd wrote:
>>>

>> Odd! I've tried it to my mobile and to my BT line; mobile says No
>>Number and BT says Unavailable.
>> I've sent JDV an email to support. We'll see if I get a reply.
>> DF

>I know this is two months old..... But did you get a response?

Not exactly, because I found that the problem was at my end on a setting
of the Grandstream486 that I was using at the time. I can't remember
what the error was now, and in any case I now use a Sipura3000.

I did email JDVoIP back to apologies for my first query which they
replied to to say thank you for letting them know.

David

Sean

David Floyd wrote:

> Not exactly, because I found that the problem was at my end on a setting
> of the Grandstream486 that I was using at the time. I can't remember
> what the error was now, and in any case I now use a Sipura3000.
>
> I did email JDVoIP back to apologies for my first query which they
> replied to to say thank you for letting them know.
>
> David

Well i now do know what the problem is.

When calling with G711a is calls out with no CLI, when using G723, or
the other one they like... It sends CLI