Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Voipfone Press Release

Voipfone Press Release

cjd

David Floyd

In message of Fri, 3 Jun 2005, cjd writes
>fyi
>
>http://www.pressdispensary.co.uk/search.cgi?id=445

Pity that they don't know how to present their own number
(0207 043 5559) !

Not impressed with companies that cannot present their number correctly.

DF

keymaster

"cjd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> fyi
>
> http://www.pressdispensary.co.uk/search.cgi?id=445

Hi
as you can see from my previous posts I was a big voipfone fan, and vocally
so. but after a telephone conversation with them last month I asked them to
close my account. however they decided this package builder was so good they
signed me up for another month.
other than being a couple of quid cheaper I cannot see any difference.
I went into my account and clicked on the "package builder" icon, now I may
well be mistaken and a complete idiot, but i can see no way to "build a
package" I cant seem to add any of the many functions they are advertising
on that "press release".
I wish voipfone all the best with their great ideas as ideas go they are
great, but they have been promising them "next week" for so long many of us
feel we have been made complete fools of.
best wishes
Roy

Paul D.Smith

Glad I'm not the only pedant in London .

Paul DS

> Pity that they don't know how to present their own number
> (0207 043 5559) !
>
> Not impressed with companies that cannot present their number correctly.
>
> DF

David Floyd

In message of Fri, 3 Jun 2005, Paul D.Smith writes
>> Pity that they don't know how to present their own number
>> (0207 043 5559) !
>>
>> Not impressed with companies that cannot present their number correctly.
>>
>> DF

(Please take note of footnote)

>Glad I'm not the only pedant in London .
>
>Paul DS

I'm nowhere near London.

DF
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Tony Hoyle

keymaster wrote:
> "cjd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > fyi
> >
> > http://www.pressdispensary.co.uk/search.cgi?id=445
> >

> Hi
> other than being a couple of quid cheaper I cannot see any difference.
> I went into my account and clicked on the "package builder" icon, now I may
> well be mistaken and a complete idiot, but i can see no way to "build a
> package" I cant seem to add any of the many functions they are advertising
> on that "press release".

I was waiting for this to see what it would give as options (I want a
basic service with as cheap calls as possible). I notice they have SMS
but there's no mention of an SMSC... if you can't send via asterisk
it's not really that useful to me (I want it for server uptime/failure
notifications).

It's not really 'build a package' more like 'here is the package.. do
you want fries with that?'.

Tony

Mark

On 3 Jun 2005 02:57:47 -0700, "cjd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>fyi
>
>http://www.pressdispensary.co.uk/search.cgi?id=445

On the assumption that 'cjd' is Colin Duffy (CEO of Inet Telecoms,
trading as Voipfone) it would be good if he would consider joining in
some of the debate here.....

Or perhaps nominating someone on his behalf.

--
Mark

dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 11:36:31 +0100, David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In message of Fri, 3 Jun 2005, cjd writes
>>fyi
>>
>>http://www.pressdispensary.co.uk/search.cgi?id=445
>>

>Pity that they don't know how to present their own number
>(0207 043 5559) !
>
>Not impressed with companies that cannot present their number correctly.
>
>DF

Just what difference dose it make David providing the given number IS
correct? you are just being bloody fussy I personally would sooner see
London numbers presented in the way .

dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 11:37:36 +0100, "keymaster" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I wish voipfone all the best with their great ideas as ideas go they are
>great, but they have been promising them "next week" for so long many of us
>feel we have been made complete fools of.
>best wishes

At least with VOIPFONE you CAN be 100% certain of picking up the phone
and being able to make a call which you cannot be with one voip
provider no names mentioned .

Ivor Jones

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 11:37:36 +0100, "keymaster" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>I wish voipfone all the best with their great ideas as ideas go they are
>>great, but they have been promising them "next week" for so long many of
>>us
>>feel we have been made complete fools of.
>>best wishes

> At least with VOIPFONE you CAN be 100% certain of picking up the phone
> and being able to make a call which you cannot be with one voip
> provider no names mentioned .

100%..? Are you sure..? Nothing is 100% certain except death and taxes..!

Ivor