Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > adding a fax line

adding a fax line

Syd Hancock

I'm thinking of getting an ATA with two phone connectors (e.g.
Sipura 2000) to use with a handset and a fax. If I use sipgate
what is the best way to get a separate number for the fax?

Syd
Norwich

The Cable Guy

"Syd Hancock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d7ourf$cf8$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net...
> I'm thinking of getting an ATA with two phone connectors (e.g.
> Sipura 2000) to use with a handset and a fax. If I use sipgate
> what is the best way to get a separate number for the fax?
>
> Syd
> Norwich

Set up a second account with Sipgate.

Syd Hancock

The Cable Guy wrote:

> "Syd Hancock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:d7ourf$cf8$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net...
>> I'm thinking of getting an ATA with two phone connectors (e.g.
>> Sipura 2000) to use with a handset and a fax. If I use sipgate
>> what is the best way to get a separate number for the fax?
>>
>> Syd
>> Norwich

> Set up a second account with Sipgate.

OK, thanks, so presumably that means that the sipura can be
programmed with two separate accounts? Does that also mean that
I could use it with two different IP phone providers?

Syd

Ivor Jones

Syd Hancock wrote:
> The Cable Guy wrote:
>

>> "Syd Hancock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message news:d7ourf$cf8$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net...
>>> I'm thinking of getting an ATA with two phone connectors (e.g.
>>> Sipura 2000) to use with a handset and a fax. If I use sipgate
>>> what is the best way to get a separate number for the fax?
>>>
>>> Syd
>>> Norwich

>> Set up a second account with Sipgate.

> OK, thanks, so presumably that means that the sipura can be
> programmed with two separate accounts? Does that also mean that
> I could use it with two different IP phone providers?

Yes.

Be aware that getting fax to work over VoIP is reported to be somewhat
problematic, many users have reported problems. I haven't tried it yet
myself so can't comment.

Ivor

The Cable Guy

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Syd Hancock wrote:
>> The Cable Guy wrote:
>>

>>> "Syd Hancock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> message news:d7ourf$cf8$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net...

>>> Set up a second account with Sipgate.

>> OK, thanks, so presumably that means that the sipura can be
>> programmed with two separate accounts? Does that also mean that
>> I could use it with two different IP phone providers?

> Yes.
>
> Be aware that getting fax to work over VoIP is reported to be somewhat
> problematic, many users have reported problems. I haven't tried it yet
> myself so can't comment.
>
> Ivor

I've successfully received faxes on my Sipgate number & sent using 1899

TheDragon

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Syd Hancock wrote:
>> The Cable Guy wrote:
>>

>>> "Syd Hancock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> message news:d7ourf$cf8$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net...

>>> Set up a second account with Sipgate.

>> OK, thanks, so presumably that means that the sipura can be
>> programmed with two separate accounts? Does that also mean that
>> I could use it with two different IP phone providers?

> Yes.
>
> Be aware that getting fax to work over VoIP is reported to be somewhat
> problematic, many users have reported problems. I haven't tried it yet
> myself so can't comment.
>
> Ivor

No problems at all sending and recieving faxes on my BTBBV line. 14.4k every
time.

Not tried a fax that can go any faster.

Marc H.Popek

You could use a voip and pstn line switcher, like combine a line and receive
fax on a pstn and out bound long distance over voip, this way you have a
good solid land line for faxes and local presence.

Marco
TELEPHONE VOIP 2 Line AUTOMATIC SWITCH
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...rd=1&sspagenam
e=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1