Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Asterisk newbie

Asterisk newbie

David Floyd

I think it's about time I got my head around asterisk.

Is there a good novices guide about somewhere (I know nothing about
linux). I've been looking on Voxilla and voip-info.org but can't find
anything at a very beginners level

I've got a partially stripped down old PC (PentiumII) which I might be
able to re-use.

Thanks for any suggestions.

David

The Cable Guy

David Floyd wrote:
|| I think it's about time I got my head around asterisk.
|| Is there a good novices guide about somewhere (I know nothing about
|| linux). I've been looking on Voxilla and voip-info.org but can't
|| find anything at a very beginners level
|| I've got a partially stripped down old PC (PentiumII) which I might
|| be able to re-use.
|| Thanks for any suggestions.
|| David

A reasonable starting point - http://asteriskathome.sourceforge.net/

David Floyd

In message of Thu, 2 Jun 2005, The Cable Guy writes
>David Floyd wrote:
>|| I think it's about time I got my head around asterisk.
>|| Is there a good novices guide about somewhere (I know nothing about
>|| linux). I've been looking on Voxilla and voip-info.org but can't
>|| find anything at a very beginners level
>|| I've got a partially stripped down old PC (PentiumII) which I might
>|| be able to re-use.
>|| Thanks for any suggestions.
>|| David
>
>A reasonable starting point - http://asteriskathome.sourceforge.net/