Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Grandstream ATA and VoIPBuster

Grandstream ATA and VoIPBuster

Dave Gill

Ivor Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Sipgate specifiy that you should, not tried it without..! Do you have to
> specify a port number for STUN..?

I've got my GS ATA-486 up and running (again) with my Sipgate account
with NAT forwarding and STUN without an outbound proxy, and my Sipura
SPA-1001 is running Gradwell and JustDialVoip accounts using outbound
proxies but no STUN, and both seem fine.

I don't know if the STUN port needs to be specified or not, I suppose it
makes the router port-forwarding easier if it is. Although it's just
occurred to me that if you use an ATA-486 in router mode it will only
see open Internet on its "WAN" side anyway, so NAT/STUN shouldn't be an
issue...

David Floyd

In message of Sat, 28 May 2005, AlexDeag writes

>"David Floyd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> Anyone got this to work since they've come back for new beta users?
>>
>> I have registered with their software and got Username and Password.
>>

>Have you seent this on this page
>
>http://www.voipbuster.com/en/newsflash.html
>
>" Temporarily, we will not support SIP-calls. SIP-users, for the time being
>please use the fully available VoipBuster application instead. "

Yes, but dcuk said in another thread, that it was working for him. I
don't believe him now.

DF

David Floyd

In message of Sat, 28 May 2005, dcuk writes
>David Floyd wrote:
>> Anyone got this to work since they've come back for new beta users?
>> I have registered with their software and got Username and Password.
>> ATA settings are:
>> SIP Server: sip.voipbuster.com
>> Outbound Proxy: sip.voipbuster.com
>> SIP User ID: my Username
>> Authenticate ID: my Username
>> Authenticate Password: my Password
>> Vocoder: PCMU, PCMA
>> Ports: 5060 5004
>> Stun: YES - stun.voipbuster.com
>> Proxy-Require: <blank>
>> FXS Imp: CTR21
>> Caller ID Scheme: ETSI-FSK
>> Onhook Voltage: 48
>> Special Feature: Standard
>> Is there anything I've missed, or got wrong.
>> Any help appreciated.
>> David

>Is it not registering at all for you?

No!

>Voipbuster is the only one that works for me.

Other people are saying that VoIPBuster are not supporting SIP at all.

>I can register with the server and make calls.

So is your GS 486 set up like mine, above?

David

David Floyd wrote:

> Anyone got this to work since they've come back for new beta users?
>
> I have registered with their software and got Username and Password.
>
> ATA settings are:
> SIP Server: sip.voipbuster.com
> Outbound Proxy: sip.voipbuster.com

For some (not all) sites, you need to
drop "sip." bit in one or both of the addresses.

dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Sat, 28 May 2005 17:13:42 +0100, David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> (When Sipgate isn't down, that is)

Ha ha we do keep playing the same old tune regarding Sipgate don't we
David justifiably of course ))))))))))))))))))))))))).