Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Grandstream ATA and 1899

Grandstream ATA and 1899

AlexDeag

Has anyone got them to work?

David Floyd

In message of Sat, 28 May 2005, AlexDeag writes
>Has anyone got them to work?

Not for a week now.

DF

AlexDeag

"David Floyd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newshAaSvUOaHmCFwwi@127.0.0.1...
> In message of Sat, 28 May 2005, AlexDeag writes
>>Has anyone got them to work?
>>

> Not for a week now.
>
> DF

What do you get? I keep getting it disconnecting when it answers, but then I
have never got it to work.

David Floyd

In message of Sat, 28 May 2005, AlexDeag writes

>"David Floyd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>newshAaSvUOaHmCFwwi@127.0.0.1...
>> In message of Sat, 28 May 2005, AlexDeag writes
>>>Has anyone got them to work?
>>>

>> Not for a week now.
>>
>> DF

>What do you get? I keep getting it disconnecting when it answers, but then I
>have never got it to work.

It worked perfectly for me from the time VoIP was introduced by 1899
(using Grandstream ATA-486). Then just over a week ago they said they
were going to withdraw support for SIP devices. Then they changed their
mind because they found extra capacity.

From that day I have not been able to use 1899ViOP with my ATA-486. I
can make a call (I try it to my landline) and the phone rings and caller
display shows up. But I don't get the 1899 announcement on the calling
phone and no ringing tones.

When my land line stops ringing (it should then go to Call minder) I get
the beep-beep-beep sound.

I've tried changing the ATA settings all over the place, but I can't get
it working. Funny though that it all works OK with 18866VoIP.

DF

Deag

David Floyd wrote:
> In message of Sat, 28 May 2005, AlexDeag writes
>>
>> "David Floyd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> newshAaSvUOaHmCFwwi@127.0.0.1...
>>> In message of Sat, 28 May 2005, AlexDeag writes
>>>>

>>> Not for a week now.
>>>
>>> DF

>> What do you get? I keep getting it disconnecting when it answers,
>> but then I have never got it to work.
>>

> It worked perfectly for me from the time VoIP was introduced by 1899
> (using Grandstream ATA-486). Then just over a week ago they said they
> were going to withdraw support for SIP devices. Then they changed
> their mind because they found extra capacity.
>
> From that day I have not been able to use 1899ViOP with my ATA-486. I
> can make a call (I try it to my landline) and the phone rings and
> caller display shows up. But I don't get the 1899 announcement on
> the calling phone and no ringing tones.
>
> When my land line stops ringing (it should then go to Call minder) I
> get the beep-beep-beep sound.
>
> I've tried changing the ATA settings all over the place, but I can't
> get it working. Funny though that it all works OK with 18866VoIP.
>
> DF

I get the same thing with both 18866 and 1899, beep-beep-beep.

David Floyd

In message of Sat, 28 May 2005, Deag writes
>David Floyd wrote:
>> In message of Sat, 28 May 2005, AlexDeag writes
>>>
>>> "David Floyd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> newshAaSvUOaHmCFwwi@127.0.0.1...

>>> What do you get? I keep getting it disconnecting when it answers,
>>> but then I have never got it to work.
>>>

>> It worked perfectly for me from the time VoIP was introduced by 1899
>> (using Grandstream ATA-486). Then just over a week ago they said they
>> were going to withdraw support for SIP devices. Then they changed
>> their mind because they found extra capacity.
>>
>> From that day I have not been able to use 1899ViOP with my ATA-486. I
>> can make a call (I try it to my landline) and the phone rings and
>> caller display shows up. But I don't get the 1899 announcement on
>> the calling phone and no ringing tones.
>>
>> When my land line stops ringing (it should then go to Call minder) I
>> get the beep-beep-beep sound.
>>
>> I've tried changing the ATA settings all over the place, but I can't
>> get it working. Funny though that it all works OK with 18866VoIP.
>>
>> DF

>I get the same thing with both 18866 and 1899, beep-beep-beep.

Are you using a Grandstream ATA-486? If so, I'll let you know the
settings I'm using.

> In message of Sat, 28 May 2005, Deag writes
>>David Floyd wrote:
>>> In message of Sat, 28 May 2005, AlexDeag writes

>>> It worked perfectly for me from the time VoIP was introduced by 1899
>>> (using Grandstream ATA-486). Then just over a week ago they said they
>>> were going to withdraw support for SIP devices. Then they changed
>>> their mind because they found extra capacity.
>>>
>>> From that day I have not been able to use 1899ViOP with my ATA-486. I
>>> can make a call (I try it to my landline) and the phone rings and
>>> caller display shows up. But I don't get the 1899 announcement on
>>> the calling phone and no ringing tones.
>>>
>>> When my land line stops ringing (it should then go to Call minder) I
>>> get the beep-beep-beep sound.
>>>
>>> I've tried changing the ATA settings all over the place, but I can't
>>> get it working. Funny though that it all works OK with 18866VoIP.
>>>
>>> DF

>>I get the same thing with both 18866 and 1899, beep-beep-beep.
>>

> Are you using a Grandstream ATA-486? If so, I'll let you know the settings
> I'm using.
>
> DF

I am using the 286 but the web interface is pretty similar according to the
Grandstream web site.