Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > 1899 VOIP broken?

1899 VOIP broken?

Charley Moore

I have not been able to get 1899 VOIP to work even using their latest
client. It used to work fine, anyone else having problems?
--
Regards Charley

Brian Gregory [UK]

"Charley Moore" <(E-Mail Removed) m> wrote
in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have not been able to get 1899 VOIP to work even using their latest
> client. It used to work fine, anyone else having problems?

I gave up on their client after it insisted on auto updating itself to a
broken version which locked up my PC.

I now use iaxComm.
http://iaxclient.sourceforge.net/iaxcomm/

--

Brian Gregory. (In the UK)
To email me remove the letter vee.

Phil Thompson

On Sat, 28 May 2005 00:58:08 +0100, "Brian Gregory [UK]"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I now use iaxComm.

when you set up the accounts did the dialog box do something freaky at
the end - like come back with the details missing but the obscured
password still there ?

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !

Brian Gregory [UK]

"Phil Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> when you set up the accounts did the dialog box do something freaky at
> the end - like come back with the details missing but the obscured
> password still there ?

I don't remember anything like that.

--

Brian Gregory. (In the UK)
(E-Mail Removed)

Oldie

On Sat, 28 May 2005 09:48:01 +0100, Phil Thompson
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sat, 28 May 2005 00:58:08 +0100, "Brian Gregory [UK]"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I now use iaxComm.

>when you set up the accounts did the dialog box do something freaky at
>the end - like come back with the details missing but the obscured
>password still there ?
>
>Phil

Mine did, but it still stored the details OK.

Oldie

Charley Moore

Phil Thompson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sat, 28 May 2005 00:58:08 +0100, "Brian Gregory [UK]"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I now use iaxComm.

>when you set up the accounts did the dialog box do something freaky at
>the end - like come back with the details missing but the obscured
>password still there ?
>
>Phil

Yes it did but I can't get 1899 to work with any other client. I have tried
Firefly, Xlite and iaxCom, none of them ring out and then I usually get a
message like "Call disconnected by remote".
--
Regards Charley

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Charley Moore:
> Phil Thompson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 28 May 2005 00:58:08 +0100, "Brian Gregory [UK]"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> I now use iaxComm.

>> when you set up the accounts did the dialog box do something freaky
>> at the end - like come back with the details missing but the obscured
>> password still there ?
>>
>> Phil

> Yes it did but I can't get 1899 to work with any other client. I have
> tried Firefly, Xlite and iaxCom, none of them ring out and then I
> usually get a message like "Call disconnected by remote".

Sounds like your registered number has been blocked by 1899, you need to add
another number, and use VoIP with that.

For Free 10 credit when you get referred to TalkTalk or 5 when referred to
easyMobile contact me via above site.

Charley Moore

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Sounds like your registered number has been blocked by 1899, you need to add
>another number, and use VoIP with that.

I have tried to add another number, so far no success. It accepts the
number and tells me it will take up 30mins for it to register but does not
appear to update. Perhaps it's having a long weekend

--
Regards Charley

Me

Sorry to tell you Charley, but I tried adding a new number last night
(a new Sipgate number) into the 1899 client and, after 2 weeks, I now
have the 1899 client working again.

Me

Me <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Sorry to tell you Charley, but I tried adding a new number last night
>(a new Sipgate number) into the 1899 client and, after 2 weeks, I now
>have the 1899 client working again.
>
>Me

My additional number has now added successfully, just took a long time.
Unfortunately I still can't make a call. It used to work with several
clients
--
Regards Charley

1899 Setting Up With VOIP Phone Phil UK VOIP 6 05-13-2005 03:57 AM
Two 1899 VOIP calls simultaneously? me@privacy.net UK VOIP 4 05-12-2005 09:35 PM
1899 VOIP faxing me@privacy.net UK VOIP 2 05-10-2005 07:32 AM
VoIP " 1899. com " HL VOIP 16 04-18-2005 07:55 AM
VOIP K Phone and configuration for 1899 calls Derrick Fawsitt VOIP 5 04-18-2005 07:24 AM

Advertisments