Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Source for Spanish incoming number?

Source for Spanish incoming number?

Lee

Hi

I have just signed up for Voipfone here in the UK and would like to see if I
can rig up a Spanish incoming number. My mother lives in Spain and runs up
some pretty hefty phone bills.

Can anyone here recommend the best way of doing this? I am happy to set up a
second SIP account with a Spanish provider if necessary but would not know
who to choose.

Thanks

Ben Smithurst

Lee wrote:

> Can anyone here recommend the best way of doing this? I am happy to set up a
> second SIP account with a Spanish provider if necessary but would not know
> who to choose.

We can provide incoming Spanish numbers in a few area codes for
4GBP/month with a 3 month free trial:

917 Madrid
933 Barcelona
951 Malaga
961 Valencia
965 Alicante

Go to www.gradwell.com/voip for more info.

--
Ben Smithurst http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) gradwell dot com Ltd
Systems Developer http://bensmithurst.com/ http://www.gradwell.com/

Chris Blunt

On Thu, 26 May 2005 12:58:01 +0100, Ben Smithurst <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Lee wrote:
>
>> Can anyone here recommend the best way of doing this? I am happy to set up a
>> second SIP account with a Spanish provider if necessary but would not know
>> who to choose.

>We can provide incoming Spanish numbers in a few area codes for
>4GBP/month with a 3 month free trial:
>
>917 Madrid
>933 Barcelona
>951 Malaga
>961 Valencia
>965 Alicante
>
>Go to www.gradwell.com/voip for more info.

Do you offer incoming numbers in any countries in Asia? I can't seem
to find this information on your web site. The only reference is to UK
numbers.

Chris

Ben Smithurst

Chris Blunt wrote:

> On Thu, 26 May 2005 12:58:01 +0100, Ben Smithurst <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> We can provide incoming Spanish numbers in a few area codes for
>> 4GBP/month with a 3 month free trial:
>>
>> 917 Madrid
>> 933 Barcelona
>> 951 Malaga
>> 961 Valencia
>> 965 Alicante
>>
>> Go to www.gradwell.com/voip for more info.

> Do you offer incoming numbers in any countries in Asia? I can't seem
> to find this information on your web site. The only reference is to UK
> numbers.

Just UK + Spain at the moment, with USA numbers being next on the cards
I believe.

Which countries in particular were you after? It's unlikely we'll have
any any time soon but it's useful to know what demand there is.

cheers
-ben

--
Ben Smithurst (E-Mail Removed) gradwell dot com Ltd
Systems Developer http://bensmithurst.com/ http://www.gradwell.com/

Lee

"Ben Smithurst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Lee wrote:
>
>> Can anyone here recommend the best way of doing this? I am happy to set
>> up a
>> second SIP account with a Spanish provider if necessary but would not
>> know
>> who to choose.

> We can provide incoming Spanish numbers in a few area codes for
> 4GBP/month with a 3 month free trial:
>
> 917 Madrid
> 933 Barcelona
> 951 Malaga
> 961 Valencia
> 965 Alicante

Sorry, I am not clear and find nothing about this on your site - what would
happen? Do I have to purchase a SIP account with you or you can redirect
incoming calls from the spanish number to my existing Voipfone account?

Thank

Lee wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have just signed up for Voipfone here in the UK and would like to see if
> I can rig up a Spanish incoming number. My mother lives in Spain and runs
> up some pretty hefty phone bills.
>
> Can anyone here recommend the best way of doing this? I am happy to set up
> a second SIP account with a Spanish provider if necessary but would not
> know who to choose.
>
> Thanks

If they are always same numbers, I calculate
its easier to put in broadband at each end and get SIP phone service
provider to allocate accounts and numbers at each end. Then your total
costs per month is 30 quid for broadband and one off equipment
cost (say 100 quid). You are saving if your phone bills
are running up 50 quid approx or above per month.

Ben Smithurst

Lee wrote:

> Sorry, I am not clear and find nothing about this on your site - what would
> happen? Do I have to purchase a SIP account with you or you can redirect
> incoming calls from the spanish number to my existing Voipfone account?

You can either sign up for the 'single line' package and register a SIP
phone with our service, or you can buy the 'sip forwarder' package and
point it at your voipfone SIP address (assuming it has one, I understand
some providers do not allow SIP calls from outside).

--
Ben Smithurst (E-Mail Removed) gradwell dot com Ltd
Systems Developer http://bensmithurst.com/ http://www.gradwell.com/

Lee

"Ben Smithurst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Lee wrote:
>
>> Sorry, I am not clear and find nothing about this on your site - what
>> would
>> happen? Do I have to purchase a SIP account with you or you can redirect
>> incoming calls from the spanish number to my existing Voipfone account?

> You can either sign up for the 'single line' package and register a SIP
> phone with our service, or you can buy the 'sip forwarder' package and
> point it at your voipfone SIP address (assuming it has one, I understand
> some providers do not allow SIP calls from outside).

OK, thanks Ben.

So what does this SIP address look like? Or, alternatively, what should I
ask Voipfone in order to find it out?

Peter Gradwell

Lee wrote:
> "Ben Smithurst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Lee wrote:
>>

>>>Sorry, I am not clear and find nothing about this on your site - what
>>>would
>>>happen? Do I have to purchase a SIP account with you or you can redirect
>>>incoming calls from the spanish number to my existing Voipfone account?

>>You can either sign up for the 'single line' package and register a SIP
>>phone with our service, or you can buy the 'sip forwarder' package and
>>point it at your voipfone SIP address (assuming it has one, I understand
>>some providers do not allow SIP calls from outside).

> OK, thanks Ben.
>
> So what does this SIP address look like? Or, alternatively, what should I
> ask Voipfone in order to find it out?

usually, it's something like sip:(E-Mail Removed)

Probably best to ask them what your sip address would be straight up.

peter

Lee

"Peter Gradwell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:429641c0$0$38044$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Lee wrote:
>> "Ben Smithurst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>>You can either sign up for the 'single line' package and register a SIP
>>>phone with our service, or you can buy the 'sip forwarder' package and
>>>point it at your voipfone SIP address (assuming it has one, I understand
>>>some providers do not allow SIP calls from outside).

>> OK, thanks Ben.
>>
>> So what does this SIP address look like? Or, alternatively, what should I
>> ask Voipfone in order to find it out?

> usually, it's something like sip:(E-Mail Removed)
>
> Probably best to ask them what your sip address would be straight up.

Thanks Peter. I have just done so. Unfortunately, their responses to
enquiries are somewhat slower than your team's!