Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Asterisk@Home AMP & Sendmail

Asterisk@Home AMP & Sendmail

Ian

"Phil Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 26 May 2005 21:25:38 GMT, "The Cable Guy"
> <(E-Mail Removed)21.com> wrote:
>
> ><(E-Mail Removed)>

> did you snip the dot between co and uk ?
>
> > (reason: 550-Verification failed for <(E-Mail Removed)>)
> >
> > ----- Transcript of session follows -----
> >... while talking to golf.rb.xcalibre.co.uk.:

> ><<< 550-Verification failed for <(E-Mail Removed)>
> ><<< 550-Unrouteable address
> ><<< 550 Sender verify failed

> sender verification - needs an address than can be resolved by DNS ?
>
> Phil
> --
> spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
> Come on down !

Ah yep I had this, Now problem is cant remember which file you ned to edit.

Basicly your mail program is sending mail from user asterisk at server
asterisk1 on the domail local. what it need to be is user asterisk at domain
(valid DNS domail)
for example it has to be http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) BUT it must be valid or it
WILL get rejected by many servers. Also unless you are on a fixed IP you may
also have problems with your IP being blacklisted . (Just to add to the fun,
AOL for sure will not let mail through, Nor will most Universities)

This can be set in webmin I think I know I edited the file but my memory is
a bit fuzzy.

Ian

Ian

"Phil Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 26 May 2005 21:54:27 GMT, "The Cable Guy"
> <(E-Mail Removed)21.com> wrote:
>
> >Where on earth do I enter it?

> it had

> so if you have called the box "asterisk1" maybe you should call it
> "asterisk1.mydomain.co.uk" alternatively can you point the emailer at
> the ISPs SMTP server ?

I doubt either of these will work, option one will mean mail is sent from
(E-Mail Removed)l the second option will fail for the
same reason, you are sending malformed and nonverifable mail (will be
treated as badly setup spammer). Basicly you have to get postfix or sendmail
setup correctly, Now this may include setting up the box correctly as well
with respect to domain name etc.
Ian.

The Cable Guy

Ian" <spam"AT wrote:
|| "Phil Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
|| news(E-Mail Removed)...
||| did you snip the dot between co and uk ?
||| sender verification - needs an address than can be resolved by DNS ?
||| Phil
||| --
||| spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
||| Come on down !
|| Ah yep I had this, Now problem is cant remember which file you ned
|| to edit.
|| Basicly your mail program is sending mail from user asterisk at
|| server asterisk1 on the domail local. what it need to be is user
|| asterisk at domain (valid DNS domail)
|| for example it has to be (E-Mail Removed) BUT it must be valid
|| or it WILL get rejected by many servers. Also unless you are on a
|| fixed IP you may also have problems with your IP being blacklisted .
|| (Just to add to the fun, AOL for sure will not let mail through, Nor
|| will most Universities)
|| This can be set in webmin I think I know I edited the file but my
|| memory is a bit fuzzy.
|| Ian

I don't have a fixed IP, unfortunately - though it hasn't changed for 18
months or so - I use DynDNS even so.

I hope your memory unfuzzes!

Thanks anyway.

The Cable Guy

"The Cable Guy" <(E-Mail Removed)21.com> wrote in message
news:nArle.40543$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> Phil Thompson wrote:
> || did you snip the dot between co and uk ?
>
> Yes, albeit accidentally.

> || sender verification - needs an address than can be resolved by DNS ?
>
> Where on earth do I enter it?

Got it working, thanks to all for your replies.

I changed the asterisk1.local hostname to my DynDNS address. Can anyone
forsee any problems this might cause?

Ian

"The Cable Guy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dqEle.40783$(E-Mail Removed). uk...

> "The Cable Guy" <(E-Mail Removed)21.com> wrote in message
> news:nArle.40543$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> >
> > Yes, albeit accidentally.

> > Where on earth do I enter it?
> >

> Got it working, thanks to all for your replies.
>
> I changed the asterisk1.local hostname to my DynDNS address. Can anyone
> forsee any problems this might cause?

Shouldnt be.

As Asterisk1 is the server
and your DYNdns Name is the domain that it resides on.
AOL may not like it but as long as you have no users on AOL you should be
OK.
It may be worth checking your IP address with spamhaus to see what its
listed as.

Ian

Jono

"Ian" <spam"AT"bathfordhill.co.uk> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> Got it working, thanks to all for your replies.
>>
>> I changed the asterisk1.local hostname to my DynDNS address. Can anyone
>> forsee any problems this might cause?
>>

> Shouldnt be.
>
> As Asterisk1 is the server
> and your DYNdns Name is the domain that it resides on.
> AOL may not like it but as long as you have no users on AOL you should be
> OK.
> It may be worth checking your IP address with spamhaus to see what its
> listed as.
>
> Ian

No AOL users..........

Thanks, once again.

The Cable Guy

"Ian" <spam"AT"bathfordhill.co.uk> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "The Cable Guy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:dqEle.40783$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
>>
>> "The Cable Guy" <(E-Mail Removed)21.com> wrote in message
>> news:nArle.40543$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
>> >
>> > Yes, albeit accidentally.

>> > Where on earth do I enter it?
>> >

>> Got it working, thanks to all for your replies.
>>
>> I changed the asterisk1.local hostname to my DynDNS address. Can anyone
>> forsee any problems this might cause?
>>

> Shouldnt be.
>
> As Asterisk1 is the server
> and your DYNdns Name is the domain that it resides on.
> AOL may not like it but as long as you have no users on AOL you should be
> OK.
> It may be worth checking your IP address with spamhaus to see what its
> listed as.
>
> Ian

No AOL users..........

Thanks, once again.