Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Asterisk@Home AMP & Sendmail

Reply
Thread Tools

Asterisk@Home AMP & Sendmail

 
 
The Cable Guy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-26-2005
>>
> If its based on centos, can you start X up ? if so you should get a RPM
> pkg
> manager. I am supprised that perl is not loaded. I assume appache is ?
>
> What do get if get if you browse https://yourip:10000 ?
>
>


The page cannot be displayed


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Steve
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-26-2005

"The Cable Guy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fnhle.40082$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> Does anyone have any simple explanation of how to get the a@h server to
> send email notification of voicemail?
>
> ...........or step by step instructions for installing Perl, so that I can
> install Webmin?
>
> TIA.
>


Installing webmin is pretty easy, download it (something like
webmin-1.180-1.noarch.rpm) and copy to your asterisk server, maybe to /tmp.
cd to /tmp then type rpm -U webmin-1.180-1.noarch.rpm. The CentOS will be
seen as Redhat Linux 3.0ES, login at http://your*ipaddress:10000.

regards,

Steve



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
The Cable Guy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-26-2005
Steve wrote:
|| "The Cable Guy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
|| news:fnhle.40082$(E-Mail Removed) k...
||| Does anyone have any simple explanation of how to get the a@h
||| server to send email notification of voicemail?
|||
||| ...........or step by step instructions for installing Perl, so
||| that I can install Webmin?
|||
||| TIA.
|||
||
|| Installing webmin is pretty easy, download it (something like
|| webmin-1.180-1.noarch.rpm) and copy to your asterisk server, maybe
|| to /tmp. cd to /tmp then type rpm -U webmin-1.180-1.noarch.rpm. The
|| CentOS will be seen as Redhat Linux 3.0ES, login at
|| http://your*ipaddress:10000.
||
|| regards,
||
|| Steve

Ta.

Now got Webmin working - the address the CLI suggested I should use was
https://asterisk1.localhost:10000 (or similar) However,
http://serverIP:10000 is the only one that works.


 
Reply With Quote
 
The Cable Guy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-26-2005
Ian" <spam"AT wrote:

|||
|||
|| If its based on centos, can you start X up ? if so you should get a
|| RPM pkg manager. I am supprised that perl is not loaded. I assume
|| appache is ?
||
|| What do get if get if you browse https://yourip:10000 ?

http://serverIP:10000 worked - had to drop the s

Thanks.

Perl was included in the distro, BTW.

Can't get send mail to work, though.


 
Reply With Quote
 
The Cable Guy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-26-2005
Roly wrote:
|| "The Cable Guy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
|| news:fnhle.40082$(E-Mail Removed) k...
||| Does anyone have any simple explanation of how to get the a@h
||| server to send email notification of voicemail?
|||
||| ...........or step by step instructions for installing Perl, so
||| that I can install Webmin?
|||
||| TIA.
|| Hi,
||
|| Doesn't help much but without any extra config the voicemail sends
|| me email notifications with attachments. All I have set is an email
|| address in the voicemail section of the extension setup page. I'm
|| using *@H version 0.8 . Is it possible that a firewall is blocking
|| the traffic?
||
|| Roly.

Hello Roly,

Yes, I expected email to be sent by merely putting the address in the
voicemail section of the extension config.

Alas, no.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Ian
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-26-2005

"The Cable Guy" <(E-Mail Removed)21.com> wrote in message
news:dtqle.40506$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> Ian" <spam"AT wrote:
>
> |||
> |||
> || If its based on centos, can you start X up ? if so you should get a
> || RPM pkg manager. I am supprised that perl is not loaded. I assume
> || appache is ?
> ||
> || What do get if get if you browse https://yourip:10000 ?
>
> http://serverIP:10000 worked - had to drop the s


Hmm all my servers use https for webmin, I had asumed they all did perhaps
centos isnt as security concious.

>
> Thanks.
>
> Perl was included in the distro, BTW.
>
> Can't get send mail to work, though.
>

What do you get if you type "mail" at the comand prompt ?

Also what does the maillog show you. you should be able to view this in
webmin.

Ian


 
Reply With Quote
 
The Cable Guy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-26-2005
Ian" <spam"AT wrote:
|| "The Cable Guy" <(E-Mail Removed)21.com> wrote in message
|| news:dtqle.40506$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
||| Ian" <spam"AT wrote:
|||
||||||
||||||
||||| If its based on centos, can you start X up ? if so you should get
||||| a RPM pkg manager. I am supprised that perl is not loaded. I
||||| assume appache is ?
|||||
||||| What do get if get if you browse https://yourip:10000 ?
|||
||| http://serverIP:10000 worked - had to drop the s
||
|| Hmm all my servers use https for webmin, I had asumed they all did
|| perhaps centos isnt as security concious.
||
|||
||| Thanks.
|||
||| Perl was included in the distro, BTW.
|||
||| Can't get send mail to work, though.
|||
|| What do you get if you type "mail" at the comand prompt ?
||
|| Also what does the maillog show you. you should be able to view this
|| in webmin.
||
|| Ian

Interestingly, the mail is now being bounced back as undeliverable - here's
a copy of the bounce:

The original message was received at Thu, 26 May 2005 13:59:30 -0400
from asterisk1.local [127.0.0.1]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<(E-Mail Removed)>
(reason: 550-Verification failed for <(E-Mail Removed)>)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
.... while talking to golf.rb.xcalibre.co.uk.:
>>> DATA

<<< 550-Verification failed for <(E-Mail Removed)>
<<< 550-Unrouteable address
<<< 550 Sender verify failed
550 5.1.1 <(E-Mail Removed)>... User unknown
<<< 503 valid RCPT command must precede DATA


 
Reply With Quote
 
Phil Thompson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-26-2005
On Thu, 26 May 2005 21:25:38 GMT, "The Cable Guy"
<(E-Mail Removed)21.com> wrote:

><(E-Mail Removed)>


did you snip the dot between co and uk ?

> (reason: 550-Verification failed for <(E-Mail Removed)>)
>
> ----- Transcript of session follows -----
>... while talking to golf.rb.xcalibre.co.uk.:
>>>> DATA

><<< 550-Verification failed for <(E-Mail Removed)>
><<< 550-Unrouteable address
><<< 550 Sender verify failed


sender verification - needs an address than can be resolved by DNS ?

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !
 
Reply With Quote
 
The Cable Guy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-26-2005
Phil Thompson wrote:
|| On Thu, 26 May 2005 21:25:38 GMT, "The Cable Guy"
|| <(E-Mail Removed)21.com> wrote:
||
||| <(E-Mail Removed)>
||
|| did you snip the dot between co and uk ?

Yes, albeit accidentally.

||
||| (reason: 550-Verification failed for <(E-Mail Removed)>)
|||
||| ----- Transcript of session follows -----
||| ... while talking to golf.rb.xcalibre.co.uk.:
|||||| DATA
||| <<< 550-Verification failed for <(E-Mail Removed)>
||| <<< 550-Unrouteable address
||| <<< 550 Sender verify failed
||
|| sender verification - needs an address than can be resolved by DNS ?

Where on earth do I enter it?



 
Reply With Quote
 
Phil Thompson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-26-2005
On Thu, 26 May 2005 21:54:27 GMT, "The Cable Guy"
<(E-Mail Removed)21.com> wrote:

>Where on earth do I enter it?


it had

||| <<< 550-Verification failed for <(E-Mail Removed)>

so if you have called the box "asterisk1" maybe you should call it
"asterisk1.mydomain.co.uk" alternatively can you point the emailer at
the ISPs SMTP server ?

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
#######modernpractice.webs.com&&&&&&& sharmi3435@gmail.com Python 0 04-06-2009 06:24 AM
Re: [sendmail,perl] How to catch a mailer error [perl script as sendmail.cf mailer] Andrzej Adam Filip Perl 0 03-31-2008 09:24 PM
Unable to load tag handler class "com.cj.smtp.Sendmail" for tag "send:Sendmail" sugapablo Java 0 09-21-2007 01:41 PM
Re: Passing &quot;classtype&quot; as &quot;this&quot; argument of&quot;class member function&quot; disc Ahti Legonkov C++ 0 12-12-2003 12:32 PM
Re: Passing &quot;classtype&quot; as &quot;this&quot; argument of &quot;class member function&quot; disc Frank Schmitt C++ 0 10-14-2003 07:54 AM



Advertisments