Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > VoIP alternative to DECT

VoIP alternative to DECT

Dee

Is there a VoIP alternative to the question below?

What kind of equipment is needed to enable the use of DECT handsets as
intercoms within a building?

I'm looking for something that can allow maybe 20 or more handsets to
operate simultaneously but only need 1 to 1 conversations not conference
calling

Phil Thompson

On Sun, 22 May 2005 21:49:25 +0100, Dee
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>What kind of equipment is needed to enable the use of DECT handsets as
>intercoms within a building?

DECT handsets do station to station calls on the same base station ie
1-1 internal calls. I doubt you can get 20 on a base though. But
several DECT stations on a PABX ?

A wireless VoIP SIP phone may allow IP to IP calls if there's a
wireless LAN for them to run off. Bit pricey I suspect.

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !