Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Cheap Reliable VOIP provider Needed

Cheap Reliable VOIP provider Needed

Ivor Jones

David Floyd wrote:
> In message of Sat, 21 May 2005, Ivor Jones writes
>>
>> Sipgate's reliability is improving, the recent outages have been
>> down to PSTN gateway problems I believe rather than internal to
>> the system.

> To be honest, Ivor, you've been saying that for months and it's
> wearing a bit thin now.

To a certain extent you're right, but the recent problems *have* been due
to PSTN gateway issues; inter-Sipgate calls have been fine, at least they
have here.

>> Voicemail is being worked on at the moment and will hopefully soon
>> be migrated to a dedicated server (it shares with the German
>> system at the moment) which should improve things.

> Similarly it's been over 2 months that it's been 'being worked on' -
> with no improvement.

The problem was it got activated before it was intended, and once the
genie was out of the bottle that was it, and it wasn't possible to just
switch it off again. I know that the engineers didn't want to activate it
when it was first switched on, but once it was.....

Ivor

Dave Gill

PeterW <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> The Sipura SPA-1001 ATA is also a nice little unit. It has two VoIP SIP
> accounts but only one phone port using the "Se" software from Sipura. You
> can set a prefix to dial out on the second line. Incoming calls on either
> line ring the phone (with call waiting). It should be cheaper than the 2000
> on eBay. Mine was about 45.

Despite it only having one phone port you can configure the two SIP
accounts to give different rings (if your phone supports different
cadences) so you know which number is being dialled (handy if you want
private and business calls (or his and her calls) directed to the same
phone.

The Cable Guy

"keymaster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:428f1e8d$0$93748$(E-Mail Removed)...
<snip>
> I use www.voipfone.co.uk and apaprt from an outrage about January>>

Was it you or them that suffered from an outRage?

Mathew Curtis

Peter Gradwell wrote:
> On Sat, 21 May 2005 06:55:06 +0100, "Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >I am looking at using VOIP. I need a reliable company so I guess from what
> >I've read that rules out Sipgate, I also need a Georaphical number 01723
> >(scarborough) if possible. All my calls will be to national landline numbers
> >so aren't bothered about rates to mobile's, international or 0870/0845. I
> >already have a 4 port router and would like a cordless VOIP phone if
> >possible. Any recommendations?
> >

> We offer a sipphone like service, but with more functionality,
> customer service and reliability: www.gradwell.com/voip
>
> We have a 3 month free trial on our single line service:
>

> cheers
> peter
>
> --
> peter gradwell. gradwell dot com Ltd. http://www.gradwell.com/
> -- engineering & hosting services for email, web and voip --
> -- http://www.peter.me.uk/ -- http://www.voip.org.uk/ --

I use Voipfone too and I have never had a problem I must admit I did
consider gradwell but your way to expensive peter

Mat