Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Re: 1899 & 18866 VOIP calls are no more!!

Re: 1899 & 18866 VOIP calls are no more!!

newsgroups@digitalhen.com

> On Fri, 20 May 2005 06:22:06 GMT, "^^artnada^^"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >Barstewards. Not even an email to tell you. Now that is not nice.

> All references to 1899 and 18866 have now been completely removed

from
> all our computers ATA's and phones their company they can do and
> charge exactly what they want with their service and pricing

structure
> and we in return can walk away if we want and I have .

They've changed their minds apparently (although it still says 0p/min
on the website)....

"Good news for our SIP/IAX (and Macintosh) users! We have managed to
increase our capacity. Therefore (and in contrary to earlier notices)
we will be able to support VoIP calls via alternative SIP/IAX clients.
Click here for installation instructions."

Victor Delta

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 20 May 2005 06:22:06 GMT, "^^artnada^^"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>Barstewards. Not even an email to tell you. Now that is not nice.

> All references to 1899 and 18866 have now been completely removed from
> all our computers ATA's and phones their company they can do and
> charge exactly what they want with their service and pricing structure
> and we in return can walk away if we want and I have .

Have I missed something here? Sure, there have been some price adjustments
in recent weeks/months but they still represent excellent value, don't they?

A few knees jerking prematurely perhaps?

Bob Eager

On Sat, 21 May 2005 12:37:00 UTC, "Victor Delta" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Fri, 20 May 2005 06:22:06 GMT, "^^artnada^^"
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >>Barstewards. Not even an email to tell you. Now that is not nice.

> > All references to 1899 and 18866 have now been completely removed from
> > all our computers ATA's and phones their company they can do and
> > charge exactly what they want with their service and pricing structure
> > and we in return can walk away if we want and I have .

> Have I missed something here? Sure, there have been some price adjustments
> in recent weeks/months but they still represent excellent value, don't they?

No, it's just dexter. He's the archetypal Grumpy Old (unpunctuated) Man.

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...take up Extreme Ironing!

dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Sat, 21 May 2005 13:37:00 +0100, "Victor Delta" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
>Have I missed something here? Sure, there have been some price adjustments
>in recent weeks/months but they still represent excellent value, don't they?

Reliability and continuity are all important in all aspects of my life
and the 1899 and 18866 outfit have shown they are incapable of
providing these important qualities and Sipgate has proved themselves
to be incapable of providing continuity of service and of being 100%
reliable .I have been a subscriber to Voipfone for over two months now
and not once has the service from them failed and if one company can
maintain the service they provide all others can all so or they do not
deserve anyone's custom.

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh (E-Mail Removed):
> On Sat, 21 May 2005 13:37:00 +0100, "Victor Delta" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>> Have I missed something here? Sure, there have been some price
>> adjustments in recent weeks/months but they still represent
>> excellent value, don't they?

> Reliability and continuity are all important in all aspects of my life
> and the 1899 and 18866 outfit have shown they are incapable of
> providing these important qualities and Sipgate has proved themselves
> to be incapable of providing continuity of service and of being 100%
> reliable .I have been a subscriber to Voipfone for over two months now
> and not once has the service from them failed and if one company can
> maintain the service they provide all others can all so or they do not
> deserve anyone's custom.

1899 and 18866 have been extremely reliable.

dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Sat, 21 May 2005 21:11:25 +0100, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>1899 and 18866 have been extremely reliable.

You mean one minute free calls via 1899 the next use only their
softwhere the next 1 p pr minute via any device, if you call that
reliable I don't. I like to pick up a phone and make a call without
having to check a website to see what I am going to be charged for the
call first !! .

Andrew Coates

Ron Chew wrote:
> On Sat, 21 May 2005 13:37:00 +0100, "Victor Delta" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Have I missed something here? Sure, there have been some price adjustments
>>in recent weeks/months but they still represent excellent value, don't they?

> Reliability and continuity are all important in all aspects of my life

Except yer name, eh Ron?

--
Andrew Coates

Mathew Curtis

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Sat, 21 May 2005 21:11:25 +0100, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >1899 and 18866 have been extremely reliable.

> You mean one minute free calls via 1899 the next use only their
> softwhere the next 1 p pr minute via any device, if you call that
> reliable I don't. I like to pick up a phone and make a call without
> having to check a website to see what I am going to be charged for the
> call first !! .

Never used them but it sounds to me like they charge what they want
when they want and like you say it's no good if you have to check
their prices before each call that don't give you much confidence in
the service

Mat

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Mathew Curtis:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> On Sat, 21 May 2005 21:11:25 +0100, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> 1899 and 18866 have been extremely reliable.

>> You mean one minute free calls via 1899 the next use only their
>> softwhere the next 1 p pr minute via any device, if you call that
>> reliable I don't. I like to pick up a phone and make a call without
>> having to check a website to see what I am going to be charged for
>> the call first !! .

> Never used them but it sounds to me like they charge what they want
> when they want and like you say it's no good if you have to check
> their prices before each call that don't give you much confidence in
> the service
>
> Mat

It's because they buy in spare capacity, so the costs to them change from
month to month.

Andrew

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
> Thus spaketh Mathew Curtis:
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> You mean one minute free calls via 1899 the next use only their
>>> softwhere the next 1 p pr minute via any device, if you call that
>>> reliable I don't. I like to pick up a phone and make a call without
>>> having to check a website to see what I am going to be charged for
>>> the call first !! .

>> Never used them but it sounds to me like they charge what they want
>> when they want and like you say it's no good if you have to check
>> their prices before each call that don't give you much confidence in
>> the service
>>
>> Mat

> It's because they buy in spare capacity, so the costs to them change
> from month to month.

To a point your observation is true; their prices do change rather more
frequently than BT for example. However, you do get an announcement each
time you make a call, so there is no real need to check in advance; just
hang up before the call is answered if you don't like the price.