Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Sipgate aaaggghhhh

Sipgate aaaggghhhh

dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Thu, 12 May 2005 20:00:43 +0100, David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I don't think sipgate will ever see the colour of my money!

During the late forties and fifties when I was growing up I had it
drummed into to me never buy anything with " Made in Germany"
written on it .
Pity I did not take any notice or I would have been twenty quid plus
better off tonight !! .

David Floyd

In message of Thu, 12 May 2005, writes
>On Thu, 12 May 2005 20:00:43 +0100, David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>

>>I don't think sipgate will ever see the colour of my money!

>During the late forties and fifties when I was growing up I had it
>drummed into to me never buy anything with " Made in Germany"
>written on it .
>Pity I did not take any notice or I would have been twenty quid plus
>better off tonight !! .

Seems as though I'm of the same era as you then. However, contrary to
your above comment, my wife and I have driven and owned Polos, Golfs and
Passats and been extremely pleased. Very pleased with my 2yr old Golf.

DF

Ivor Jones

David Floyd wrote:
> In message of Thu, 12 May 2005, bacillus cereus writes
>> Roger wrote:
>>> Anyone else getting no. unobtainable when they call their sipaget
>>> number from a POTS phone?

>> Sipgate's just come back on

> Must coming back on in areas then. Not back on at Bristol
> 0117986xxxx

Sipgate isn't off. It's just PSTN dialling in. I can dial out from both my
lines but I can only call in to one of them. Sipgate to Sipgate calls are
ok.

Ivor

dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Thu, 12 May 2005 20:38:37 +0100, David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In message of Thu, 12 May 2005, writes
>>On Thu, 12 May 2005 20:00:43 +0100, David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>I don't think sipgate will ever see the colour of my money!

>>During the late forties and fifties when I was growing up I had it
>>drummed into to me never buy anything with " Made in Germany"
>>written on it .
>>Pity I did not take any notice or I would have been twenty quid plus
>>better off tonight !! .

>Seems as though I'm of the same era as you then. However, contrary to
>your above comment, my wife and I have driven and owned Polos, Golfs and
>Passats and been extremely pleased. Very pleased with my 2yr old Golf.

But who's hands made them English or German David they could have been
made in this country ).

dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Thu, 12 May 2005 20:59:48 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>David Floyd wrote:
>>>
>>> Sipgate's just come back on

>> Must coming back on in areas then. Not back on at Bristol
>> 0117986xxxx

>Sipgate isn't off. It's just PSTN dialling in. I can dial out from both my
>lines but I can only call in to one of them. Sipgate to Sipgate calls are
>ok.

Strange this Ivor I can dial our TW number from both Sipgates but
cannot dial each other but COULD half an hour ago !!!.

Linus Surguy

"Ivor Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The Cable Guy wrote:

>> Why do you not use some other supplier? I think they're worth every
>> penny I spend on them.

>As I said, Sipgate to Sipgate calls are fine, it looks like a gateway
>problem, maybe with Magrathaea, it's happened before.

No known issues on our network today I'm afraid - not our fault!

Linus

www.telesave.co.uk: UK 2.5p/1.5/1p South Africa 6p US,France,Germany,Eire 2.5p
Looking for VoIP ? We're the largest wholesale numbering supplier in the UK!

Ivor Jones

Linus Surguy wrote:
> "Ivor Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

[snip]

>> As I said, Sipgate to Sipgate calls are fine, it looks like a
>> gateway problem, maybe with Magrathaea, it's happened before.

> No known issues on our network today I'm afraid - not our fault!
>
> Linus

Thanks Linus, didn't mean to blame you where no blame was attached..! I
can call my 0121 number but not the 020 number from the PSTN, very odd. Ok
to both from Sipgate, which is why I suspected a gateway fault.

Ivor

dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Thu, 12 May 2005 22:59:10 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Linus Surguy wrote:
>> "Ivor Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>[snip]
>
>>> As I said, Sipgate to Sipgate calls are fine, it looks like a
>>> gateway problem, maybe with Magrathaea, it's happened before.

>> No known issues on our network today I'm afraid - not our fault!
>>
>> Linus

>Thanks Linus, didn't mean to blame you where no blame was attached..! I
>can call my 0121 number but not the 020 number from the PSTN, very odd. Ok
>to both from Sipgate, which is why I suspected a gateway fault.
>
>Ivor

Has I said to you earlier regarding other matters Ivor everything
points to Sipgate's inability to maintain the service in a serviceable
condition 24/7. But is it any wonder with what appears to be only one
employee running the whole of UK operation .

^^artnada^^

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> pop his head above the
parapit and spewed forth:
|| On Thu, 12 May 2005 20:59:48 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
|| <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
||| Sipgate isn't off. It's just PSTN dialling in. I can dial out from both
my
||| lines but I can only call in to one of them. Sipgate to Sipgate calls
are
||| ok.
|| Strange this Ivor I can dial our TW number from both Sipgates but
|| cannot dial each other but COULD half an hour ago !!!.

All working now.

dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Fri, 13 May 2005 06:59:02 GMT, "^^artnada^^"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>All working now.

So I noticed BUT that isn't the point how many times has Sipgate given
trouble in the passed ? and I wonder how many times it is going to
happen in the future Sipgate just cannot be trusted I just wish they
could be . We just cannot sit back and say all is forgiven not in my
book anyway most systems go down now and then but it has been twice
this week so for plus the other outages previously. Hell fire if Mr
Bush had taken the attitude of most people here regarding Sipgate
after 9/11 the USA would have been blown of the face of the earth by
now .

2 Sipgate numbers behind one router..? Ivor Jones VOIP 54 02-04-2005 01:20 PM
Sipgate down..? Ivor Jones VOIP 0 01-30-2005 11:48 PM
Router Recommendation for Sipgate and Sipura-2000? John Geddes VOIP 3 01-19-2005 06:30 AM
Sipgate Grandstream HandyTone-286 + Arcor DSL 1 Mbit Jan VOIP 6 06-25-2004 01:22 PM

Advertisments