Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > 1899 VoIP forbidden

1899 VoIP forbidden

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

At first it was only my spoofed numbers that stopped working with 1899's VoIP
service, now not one of my real numbers work either. Anyone else having this
problem?

Bob L

On Thu, 12 May 2005 13:30:54 +0100, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>At first it was only my spoofed numbers that stopped working with 1899's VoIP
>service, now not one of my real numbers work either. Anyone else having this
>problem?

I registered my two normal landline numbers some while ago and all was
working, I then added two sipgate numbers - all has been working for
some weeks, then yesterday the Forbidden showed up, but I have never
used the sipgate numbers as far as I rememember, for cli dialling out.
Software - using x-ten lite (sip), another IAX softphone just says
Call disconnected by remote as does their own.

This seems to be happening more and more as other people have
commented on it on the Moneysavingexpert.com telephone board.

I have raised a fault (!) and e-mailed voip feedback but I think they
will ignore it as very few people seem to get replies - so much for
any type of customer dervice.

I have setup a new account using alternative number and credit card
and VOIP works !, so me thinks they are blocking access for some
reason.

I can use a normal landline phone with no problem.

If it does not start working I shall cancel the current account and
move over to the new one.

NOSPAM@all.invalid

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>At first it was only my spoofed numbers that stopped working with 1899'sVoIP
>service, now not one of my real numbers work either. Anyone else havingthis
>problem?

Yes still having problem up to today. Did you get a fix?

--
amos

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid:
> On Thu, 12 May 2005 13:30:54 +0100, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> At first it was only my spoofed numbers that stopped working with
>> 1899's VoIP service, now not one of my real numbers work either.
>> Anyone else having this problem?
>>

> Yes still having problem up to today. Did you get a fix?

Still not working, and still no answer.

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
> Thus spaketh (E-Mail Removed)lid:
>> On Thu, 12 May 2005 13:30:54 +0100, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> At first it was only my spoofed numbers that stopped working with
>>> 1899's VoIP service, now not one of my real numbers work either.
>>> Anyone else having this problem?
>>>

>> Yes still having problem up to today. Did you get a fix?

> Still not working, and still no answer.

I have added a new number to my account, and that now is working for VoIP,
strange that I can't use my landline number for VoIP at the moment.

Graham

> >> Yes still having problem up to today. Did you get a fix?

> > Still not working, and still no answer.

> I have added a new number to my account, and that now is working for VoIP,
> strange that I can't use my landline number for VoIP at the moment.

Getting the same here.

Non of the numbers already registered on 1899 work anymore (404 forbidden)
Any new numbers I register work OK

I have tried removing the old numbers, and then reinstating them but they
still don't work.

I am going to remove my home number and my Sipgate number (the ones I really
need) overnight, in case the system needs more time to forget about them,
then I will try and put them back

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Graham

I have raised this with call1899.com via their contact-us portal.
I will post their reply here, when and if they send me one.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Graham:
> I have raised this with call1899.com via their contact-us portal.
> I will post their reply here, when and if they send me one.

I received earlier today a reply to my fault raised, just saying log it with
the VoIP feedback, even though I have done that I never get a reply.

Graham

> > I have raised this with call1899.com via their contact-us portal.
> > I will post their reply here, when and if they send me one.

> I received earlier today a reply to my fault raised, just saying log it

with
> the VoIP feedback, even though I have done that I never get a reply.

Yes, looks like I got the same standard reply today
The thing is, that I think I accessed the response form from the 'non VOIP'
part of the site
So I made sure I accessed the 'report a fault' form from the VOIP page but
the URL seems the same in both places.
http://www.call1899.co.uk/customerca...=report&step=3

So it looks like we are being led up the proverbial garden path.

Its only the numbers that were 'permanently' registered that don't work, my
home PSTN and my Sipgate numbers for example, its as if they have been
blacklisted. I tried removing them overnight but they still wont work.

Any new number I care to register works fine.
Even obvious spoofs like STD 000 0000 work and I haven't noticed these cut
off on me like you reported.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

NOSPAM@all.invalid

On Mon, 16 May 2005 17:48:45 +0100, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Thus spaketh Graham:
>> I have raised this with call1899.com via their contact-us portal.
>> I will post their reply here, when and if they send me one.

>I received earlier today a reply to my fault raised, just saying log it with
>the VoIP feedback, even though I have done that I never get a reply.

Same as the reply I received when I reported the problem.

--
amos

HTTP 403.1 Forbidden: Execute Access Forbidden David Hunt ASP .Net 4 10-04-2009 08:40 PM
IIS HTTP 403.1 Forbidden: Execute Access Forbidden Mark J. McGinty ASP General 2 12-09-2005 08:54 PM
1899 VOIP faxing me@privacy.net UK VOIP 2 05-10-2005 07:32 AM
VoIP " 1899. com " HL VOIP 16 04-18-2005 07:55 AM
VOIP K Phone and configuration for 1899 calls Derrick Fawsitt VOIP 5 04-18-2005 07:24 AM

Advertisments