Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Company Info

Company Info

S W

Hi,

Which is the biggest VOIP company?
Which of the VOIP companies has VOIP as their main business?
I'm interested for possibly future investments.

Thanks
SW

Mark

On Wed, 11 May 2005 22:24:47 +0100, "S W" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Which is the biggest VOIP company?

Define 'biggest', please....
And your geographical interest.
Retail or wholesale?
Operator or equipment vendor?

Outside of China, largest retail operator in terms of paying customers
is undoubtedly Softbank/Yahoo!BB (Japan) with around 4.5 million
punters.

>Which of the VOIP companies has VOIP as their main business?

Er, Skype. Vonage....
NetCentrex, Sonus, Cirpack...

>I'm interested for possibly future investments.

I read only the other day that Mr Citron needs/needed some more cash.
And Mr Son has sunk quite a bit into Yahoo!BB

"The value of....can go down as well as up"

--
Mark

S W

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 11 May 2005 22:24:47 +0100, "S W" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Which is the biggest VOIP company?

> Define 'biggest', please....
> And your geographical interest.
> Retail or wholesale?
> Operator or equipment vendor?
>
> Outside of China, largest retail operator in terms of paying customers
> is undoubtedly Softbank/Yahoo!BB (Japan) with around 4.5 million
> punters.
>
>>Which of the VOIP companies has VOIP as their main business?

> Er, Skype. Vonage....
> NetCentrex, Sonus, Cirpack...
>

>>I'm interested for possibly future investments.

> I read only the other day that Mr Citron needs/needed some more cash.
> And Mr Son has sunk quite a bit into Yahoo!BB
>
> "The value of....can go down as well as up"
>

> --
> Mark

Hi,

I was interested in companies that dealt on the London Stock exchange. By
biggest I meant the one with the highest turnover, profits, etc. I'm sure
that VOIP will get an increasing share of the telecoms market in the next
few years, but I know diddly squat about the operating companies. I've heard
of Skype and Vonage, I don't think I can buy shares in Skype as its a Dutch
(?) company? The others, I've never heard of them.
I've been checking out londonstockexchange.com and there's a lot to sift
through!

Thanks
Sw

Mark

On Thu, 12 May 2005 21:51:27 +0100, "S W" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Mark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Wed, 11 May 2005 22:24:47 +0100, "S W" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>Which is the biggest VOIP company?

>> Define 'biggest', please....
>> And your geographical interest.
>> Retail or wholesale?
>> Operator or equipment vendor?
>>
>> Outside of China, largest retail operator in terms of paying customers
>> is undoubtedly Softbank/Yahoo!BB (Japan) with around 4.5 million
>> punters.
>>
>>>Which of the VOIP companies has VOIP as their main business?

>> Er, Skype. Vonage....
>> NetCentrex, Sonus, Cirpack...
>>

>>>I'm interested for possibly future investments.

>> I read only the other day that Mr Citron needs/needed some more cash.
>> And Mr Son has sunk quite a bit into Yahoo!BB
>>
>> "The value of....can go down as well as up"
>>

>> --
>> Mark

>Hi,
>
>I was interested in companies that dealt on the London Stock exchange. By
>biggest I meant the one with the highest turnover, profits, etc. I'm sure
>that VOIP will get an increasing share of the telecoms market in the next
>few years, but I know diddly squat about the operating companies. I've heard
>of Skype and Vonage, I don't think I can buy shares in Skype as its a Dutch
>(?) company? The others, I've never heard of them.
>I've been checking out londonstockexchange.com and there's a lot to sift
>through!

I would imagine that few are listed on the LSE, most are privately
held (including Vonage I think). That ought to tell you something.

There's always BT

--
Mark

S W

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 12 May 2005 21:51:27 +0100, "S W" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>"Mark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

>>> Define 'biggest', please....
>>> And your geographical interest.
>>> Retail or wholesale?
>>> Operator or equipment vendor?
>>>
>>> Outside of China, largest retail operator in terms of paying customers
>>> is undoubtedly Softbank/Yahoo!BB (Japan) with around 4.5 million
>>> punters.

>>> Er, Skype. Vonage....
>>> NetCentrex, Sonus, Cirpack...

>>> I read only the other day that Mr Citron needs/needed some more cash.
>>> And Mr Son has sunk quite a bit into Yahoo!BB
>>>
>>> "The value of....can go down as well as up"
>>>

>>> --
>>> Mark

>>Hi,
>>
>>I was interested in companies that dealt on the London Stock exchange. By
>>biggest I meant the one with the highest turnover, profits, etc. I'm sure
>>that VOIP will get an increasing share of the telecoms market in the next
>>few years, but I know diddly squat about the operating companies. I've
>>heard
>>of Skype and Vonage, I don't think I can buy shares in Skype as its a
>>Dutch
>>(?) company? The others, I've never heard of them.
>>I've been checking out londonstockexchange.com and there's a lot to sift
>>through!

> I would imagine that few are listed on the LSE, most are privately
> held (including Vonage I think). That ought to tell you something.
>
> There's always BT

Hhmmmm!

)