Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Recommendations please

Recommendations please

Brian Abbott

Hi

We have a small office which we're going to be moving from in a few months
and this looks like a good point to ditch our existing PBX (3 outside lines,
6 extensions) and go for voip. But as I've only dabbled with voip up to now
there's a lot I don't know!

So, I'd be grateful if the gurus here could provide some advice on the
following:

1) Is the technology reliable enough? (if we lose our phone connections
we're dead!)

2) Best / most reliable provider (we mainly call UK and Ireland only)

3) Best hardware/software for the PBX (bearing in mind that a) I know
Windoze inside out but not Linux and b) I would want to feed call info into
our contact management program for giving caller info and for logging time
spent etc

Cheers and TIA

Brian Abbott