Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Re: How do I upgrade firmware for Grandstream ATA-486

Re: How do I upgrade firmware for Grandstream ATA-486

Ian

"David Floyd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I have an ATA-486 supplied by sipgate.
>
> I now want to use it for another supplier but it requires firmware
> 1.0.5.23 whereas mine is 1.0.5.16.
>
> I thought that upgrades were supposed to happen automatically if the
> TFTP server IP address was entered.
>
> Mine is now 217.14.32.170 - it was something else (which I can't now
> remember) which sipgate set, but it has never upgraded since I've had
> it.
>
> Any-one know what else should be set or how I can get the latest
> upgrade.
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> David

Hi

I have always used a local TFTP server. (http://www.weird-solutions.com). As
to the latest firmware, Have you looked at Grandstreams website?. they
normally have the latest version, Other places are goods2world and
Telappliant also have GS software.

Ian