Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > NEC VoIP finds network, no audio

NEC VoIP finds network, no audio

jamie_landers@yahoo.com

I've recently installed an NEC Elite IPK with voip.

The phone system works great, internal voip works great, however,
outside our LAN the softphone and the IP phone both find the network
fine...place phone calls...receive phone calls, everything works great,
except....no audio at all...no send, no receive...

I'm sure I've got something wrong with my sonicwall router. it's a TZ
170 and I used the public server wizard and changed the MGC TCP and UDP
to the correct ports....

any ideas?

Anybody know if the network access portion of these phones runs off a
different protocol than the acutal communications

Thanks,

Jamie A. Landers