Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Mitel DHCP

Mitel DHCP

Ctide

Have a curious DHCP problem. DHCP is supplied by a windows server over the
WAN. We recently converted from VPN over DSL to private frame. Mitel IP
phones at the remote sites were set to DHCP on the VPN and worked fine.
Once we converted to frame, phones would not get an address from the Windows
server. The private frame routers (Adtran) are set to relay DHCP requests
and this works for the PCs but not the Mitel phones. Mitel phones work when
statically assigned. Any help would really be appreciated.

HeadsetAdapter.com

"Ctide" <u20864@uwe> wrote in message news:5ec604c223901@uwe...
> Have a curious DHCP problem. DHCP is supplied by a windows server over
> the
> WAN. We recently converted from VPN over DSL to private frame. Mitel IP
> phones at the remote sites were set to DHCP on the VPN and worked fine.
> Once we converted to frame, phones would not get an address from the
> Windows
> server. The private frame routers (Adtran) are set to relay DHCP
> requests
> and this works for the PCs but not the Mitel phones. Mitel phones work
> when
> statically assigned. Any help would really be appreciated.

Do you have your phones and PCs in the same DHCP Scope? If not, do you have
routing between these two subnets done by the Adtran router or you have
another router inside? If you have these two subnets separated, check both
interfaces for DHCP relay. Also it would be good idea to take a sniffer and
try to watch, if your DHCP requests reach the DHCP server, if it sends DHCP
location.

Good luck,

Mike
www.headsetadapter.com

Ctide via HWKB.com

Adtran is the only router, and it is set up with static routes between the
subnets. The remote sites in question are 10.3.1.x / 24 and 10.4.1.x / 24.
All routing works fine for the data and the phones when statically assigned.
Sniffer is planned, just hoping to resolve before. Thanks for the response.

HeadsetAdapter.com wrote:
>> Have a curious DHCP problem. DHCP is supplied by a windows server over
>> the

>[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
>> when
>> statically assigned. Any help would really be appreciated.

>Do you have your phones and PCs in the same DHCP Scope? If not, do you have
>routing between these two subnets done by the Adtran router or you have
>another router inside? If you have these two subnets separated, check both
>interfaces for DHCP relay. Also it would be good idea to take a sniffer and
>try to watch, if your DHCP requests reach the DHCP server, if it sends DHCP
>location.
>
>Good luck,
>
>Mike
>www.headsetadapter.com

Mitel IP System DHCP Issues Dragon8 VOIP 3 05-06-2009 01:53 AM
Mitel 3300 changing DHCP servers mbergen VOIP 0 05-03-2009 02:17 PM
Neen Mitel 52xx SIP Phone Firmware - Mitel site is down... Rich UK VOIP 3 11-10-2008 03:00 AM
Mitel DHCP disaster Johan VOIP 3 04-19-2006 10:28 AM
Wireless DHCP clients cannot obtain an IP address from the DHCP se =?Utf-8?B?SGVpbkQ=?= Wireless Networking 0 01-08-2006 03:41 PM

Advertisments